End of Season Rewards and the new Master Tier
This season is coming to a close in November; here’s a preview of all the sweet rewards you can claim for participating in Ranked.
The 2014 ranked season began in January, and now the battle for League Points draws to a close.Â The 2014 season will end in November, and weâ€™ll announce the date and time in October. Read on to learn more about the end of the season rewards and the new Master tier.
After testing the feature live in Russia, CIS, and Turkey, weâ€™ll follow up with one more test on EUW the following week before releasing the new Master Tier.
After concerns surfaced around transparency in standings among the highest-tier league competition at the end of Season 3, we committed to making the path to the top more clear for players who participate in ranked. Master Tier was designed to address these concerns and more.
Master Tier shares the same LP ladder as Challenger. Players who reach their promotion series at the top of Diamond 1 will enter Master Tier if they are successful. Please note that on release there will be no players in Master Tier, but it will begin to fill as soon as players start winning their promos.Â Master Tier FAQ
The window to enter Challenger Tier now rotates on a twenty-four hour schedule with no immunity.
With the introduction of Master tier, weâ€™ve changed how players achieve Challenger rank. Now, every twenty-four hours, players will be able to move into Challenger if theyâ€™ve earned enough League Points to place within the Top 200 players or Top 50 teams. Any player in Challenger who is no longer within the Top 200 will be demoted to Master.
For more information about the top of the ranked ladder, check out the FAQ below, or readÂ Riot Socratesâ€™ postÂ about Master tier.
Earlier this year, we introduced new Ranked Team Rewards for participation in 5v5 or 3v3 ranked team competition.
Because ranked teams require a large amount of teamwork and collaboration to succeed, we wanted to add a special class of rewards to help players commemorate and celebrate reaching their goals as a team.
You earn one point for each win in Ranked 3v3, and three points for each win in Ranked 5v5. You must have participated in the victory to claim the points. For example, if your team â€œPress D to Danceâ€ plays three games while youâ€™re on vacation, you wonâ€™t get any points should they win despite your absence.Â Team Rewards FAQ
End of Season
Q:Â When do I receive my rewards?
- You can track your progress in-client in the Leagues tab, but you will not earn the rewards until the season has ended in November.
Q:Â How can I enter Master Tier?
- Once youâ€™ve reached Diamond I, the next step is to make it to your promotion series. Win three of five games and youâ€™ll cross the threshold to the next level.
Q:Â Can I fall out of Master Tier?
- It is possible to be demoted to Diamond I, if youâ€™ve played at least three games in Master and drop below 0 LP.
Ranked Team Rewards
Q: Do I have to play on a single team to earns wins towards rewards?
- No, you can earn points towards rewards from multiple teams. Please note you can only be on 5 ranked teams at once.
Q:Â Do I lose the wins Iâ€™ve earned if somebody kicks me off a team?
- No, you will retain your points from the wins. Your points will not be affected by a team going inactive or disbanding, being kicked from a team, or voluntary leaving a team. The only thing considered is the number of wins that you participated in.
Q:Â Do my points move with me if I transfer servers?
- No, progress towards Ranked Team Rewards does not transfer with you should you choose to change servers.
Q:Â If I meet the requirements for rewards, when do I receive them?
- All rewards will be distributed at the end of the season.
Q:Â Do wins I earned before the feature launched count towards rewards for this season?
- Yes, all games that take place during the 2014 Season will count towards season rewards. Pre-season games will not count.
Q:Â Will wins in my placement matches count towards my Team Rewards?
- Yes! They will add points towards your Team Rewards.
Ranked Tier Rewards
Q:Â What are the requirements to earn a ranked tier reward?
- You will earn rewards based on the tier you are in at the end of the season in solo queue, or based on the tier your team is in at the end of the season. You must have won at least ten games with that team in one queue (for example, winning six 5v5 games and four 3v3 games does not count–even if both the 5v5 and 3v3 teams have the same name and the same players).
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me atÂ @NoL_ChefoÂ or e-mail me at email@example.com