Big Nerfs and New Skins: Now On the PBE!
Nerfs to Blitzcrank, Katarina, Shaco, Nunu and more, as well as Steel Legion Lux and Steel Legion Garen – all in the latest update on the PBE!
- Base Mana reduced to 200 ( +40 per level ) from 240 (+40 per level );
- Rocket Grab ( Q ) mana cost increased to 120 mana at all ranks from 110.
Another set of nerfs to our mechanical Pudge. A 16% decrease in mana at level one is actually a pretty big deal, considering Blitzcrank will be completely out of mana after two consecutive hooks.
- Feral Scream ( W ) silence duration reduced to
1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5 seconds from 2/2.3/2.5/2.8/3 seconds.
Chogath mid is quite the terror. A shorter silence goes a long way towards making counter-harass easier.
- Neurotoxin ( Q ) mana cost increased to 80/85/90/95/100 from 60 at all ranks;
- Cocoon ( E ) mana cost reduced to 50 at all ranks from 65.
This is a nice shift of mana costs. On the one hand it reduces the dominance Elise has over most top laners. On the other, Cocoon is now far more manageable, allowing for more interesting play.
- Rising Spell Force ( Passive ) duration reduced to 5 seconds from 6 seconds;
- Trueshot Barrage ( R ) now deals
10% less damage for each unit it passes through up from 8%.
Iffy nerfs to Ezreal that don’t fix his core problem – the cooldown of Arcane Shift. Time will tell if the nerfs were appropriate.
- Bouncing Blades ( Q ) base damage lowered to
60/85/110/135/160 from 60/90/120/150/180.
- Death Lotus ( R ) AP ratio increased to 2 from 1.75
- Shunpo ( E ) damage reduction duration reduced to 1.5 seconds from 3 seconds.
An interesting buff to Death Lotus, probably to compensate for Bouncing Blade and Shunpo being weaker. The biggest change here is the 15% damage reduction from Shunpo having a lower duration. This will be huge during laning.
- Slicing Maelstrom ( R ) energy cost reduced to 0 from 50/45/40 energy.
Kennen is an example of brilliant champion design, hopefully this minor buff will help him see more play.
- Meditate ( W ) heal increased to 200/350/500/650/800 from 140/280/420/560/700;
- Medidate ( W ) Â mana cost reduced to 50/65/80/95/110 from 70/80/90/100/110;
- Meditate AP ( W ) ratio reduced to 2 AP from 4 AP.
Switching the focus from AP to AD is a good change for Yi, but he needs more to become a viable melee carry.
- Base Movement speed increased to 350 from 340;
- Blood Boil ( W ) movement speed increase lowered to
8/9/10/11/12% from 11/12/13/14/15%
- Blood Boil ( W ) attack speed increase lowered to
25/30/35/40/45% from 25/35/45/55/65%.
- Blood Boil ( W ) duration lowered to 12 seconds from 15 seconds.
Heavy nerfs to Nunu’s ability to turn ranged carries into Jesus at all stages of the game.
- Undertow’s ( Q ) slow now fades over time.
- Vicious Strikes ( W ) cooldown increased to 16 at all ranks from 12 seconds.
- Ragnarok no longer grants passive Armor penetration and instead grants 10/20/30 armor pen while Ragnarok is active.
Substantial nerfs to the viking of the League. To help clarify, Undertow will now act like the opposite of Nasus’ Wither in that it will become less effective as the duration nears its end.
- Two-Shiv Poison ( E ) passive slow reduced to 10/15/20/25/30 from 20/22.5/25/27.5/30
- Two-Shiv Poison ( E ) active slow reduced to 10/15/20/25/30 from 20/22.5/25/27.5/30
- Deceive ( Q ) range reduced to 400 from 500.
I‘ve covered Riot’s intentions of nerfing Shaco in a previous article, check it out if you’re interested.
- Feint’s ( W ) Ki Strike reduction lowered to 1 seconds from 1.5 seconds.
One nerf to reduce both Shen’s poke and sustained damage. A good change that won’t ruin his viability.
- Rapid Fire ( Q ) mana cost reduced to 50 at all ranks from 80 at all ranks
- Explosive Shot ( E ) active damage increased to
110/150/190/230/270 from 110/140/170/200/230
Tristana has a rough time managing her mana costs and this buff will do her a lot of good. She still lacks a safe way of using Explosive shot against most carries in lane, but extra damage is better than nothing.
- Power Transfer ( Q ) shield amount changed to 32/50/68/86/104 ( +.26 AP ) from 40% damage dealt.
Although the shield will be slightly weaker against squishier foes, this change means Viktor will have a much easier time dealing with bruisers he can’t kite.
- Total cost reduced to 2600 from 2800.
- Total cost increased to 3200 from 3000.
- Health reduced to 200 from 250.
- Armor reduction reduced to 5% each stack from 6.25% each stack but now stacks 5 times instead of 4 times.
- Total cost reduced to 2360 from 2400
- Now builds out of Fiendish Codex and Emblem of Valor
- Total cost increased to 3300 from 3000.
- Now builds out of Needlessly Large Rod + Fiendish Codex
- Ability power increased to 120 from 100.
- HP regen increased to 8 per 5 from 5 per 5.
- Total cost lowered to 820 from 1000.
- Now builds out of Amp Tome + 385 gold.
- No longer grants Mana Regen
- Total cost lowered to 3000 from 3100
- Bonus health lowered to 380 HP from 400
- Health lowered to 400 from 425
- Total cost lowered to 2270 from 2500.
- Mana regen removed
- Total cost increased to 1550 from 1330
- Health increased to 360 from 300
- Total cost increased to 950 from 700
- Now builds out of Ruby Crystal + 475 gold
- Health increased to 180 from 100.
- Total cost decreased to 2300 from 2400.
- Total cost decreased to 2300 from 2400
- Total cost decreased to 1565 from 1965
- Total cost decreased to 700 from 800
- Total Cost increased to 2650 from 2500.
- Total costÂ decreasedÂ to 3903 from 4200
- Now builds out of Giant’s Belt, Ruby Crystal and two Rejuvenation beads instead of just one.
- Total cost increased to 2830.
- Now Builds out of Seeker’s Arm Guard ( new item ) and a Needlessly Large Rod;
- Total cost increased to 3410 to 3100;
- Ability power increased to 120 from 100.
- Builds out 2x Cloth Armor and an Amplifying Tome
- + 30 Armor
- + 25 AP.
- Unique Passive: Killing a unit grants .5 bonus armor and ability power. This bonus stacks up to 30 times.
- Builds into Zhonya’s Hour Glass
Steel Legion Lux
Steel Legion Garen:
Note: These skins are still in development and some effects and sounds are likely to change.