Patch 5.8 should hit live in the early hours of Wednesday, April 29th. Here are all its contents:
Quickshot Ranged Indicator Hotkeys
Blood Moon Zilean will be available for 975 RP.
For his recall, Blood Moon Zilean sounds his gong.
Time Bomb [ Q ]
Rewind [ W ]
Time Warp [ E ]
Chronoshift [ R ]
Forsaken Jayce is priced at 1350 RP.
For his recall, Forsaken Jayce spins his hammer around, slams it on the ground and then lifts it with the Force.
To The Skies! [ Melee Q ]
Shock Blast [ Ranged Q ]
Lightning Field [ Melee W ]
Hyper Charge [ Ranged W ]
Thundering Blow [ Melee E ]
Acceleration Gate [ Ranged E ]
Transform [ R ]
Master Arcanist Ziggs will be sold for 1350 RP.
For his recall, Master Arcanist Ziggs disassembles one of his bombs and its parts float around him.
Bouncing Bomb [ Q ]
Satchel Charge [ W ]
Hexplosive Minefield [ E ]
Mega Inferno Bomb [ R ]
Risen Fiddlesticks will be available in store for 1350 RP.
For his recall, Risen Fiddlesticks becomes hideous nightmare fuel.
Terrify [ Q ]
Drain [ W ]
Dark Wind [ E ]
Crowstorm [ R ]
Feast your eyes on this Baron icon or it shall feast on you:
Here are new icons for all the upcoming regional Leagues. You can find their pricing and when they’ll be available HERE.
The recently-announced chroma packs are coming with Patch 5.8. The first batch contains recolors for Blitzcrank, Garen, Fizz, Lucian, Dragonfist Lee Sin, Pool Party Leona and Nemesis Jax.
Dragonfist Lee Sin
Pool Party Leona
Lux, Poppy, Shyvana, Teemo and Shaco have all received texture updates. [ Note ] All champions with outdated textures have now received their updates.
Steel Legion Lux
Battle Regalia Poppy
Scarlet Hammer Poppy
[ Note ] Blacksmith Poppy and Noxus Poppy have also been updated, but I don’t have access to them on the PBE.
Also, Teemo’s psychedelics have received new models and textures.
Happy Elf Teemo
Mad Hatter Shaco
Also, Ravager Nocturne no longer looks like a haunted pile of noodles:
As we continue to polish and update Summoner’s Rift, we found a cool opportunity to make some improvements to Howling Abyss and ARAM. Without any further ado, let’s break the ice and get things rolling – here is the list of changes coming to the PBE today:
Gameplay Changes; My Mind is Telling Me No:
New Summoner Spell on ARAM: Mark/Dash
After analyzing the results of Legend of the Poro King, we realized that Poro Toss gave an across-the-board bump in viability to some historically unpopular picks and helped balance the playing field. After careful consideration and some tweaks we’re bringing this back to ARAM as an optional new summoner spell called Mark/Dash.
Mark allows you toss a projectile at an enemy unit, you can then follow up on a Marked unit with Dash to quickly travel to the Marked target.
Go forth and tower dive, but remember, it’s only worth it if you say so in chat.
Item Changes; Out With the New, In With the Old:
With the recent rework of Bloodthirster, it made sense to re-introduce the SR favorite to ARAM to help out champions that rely on high AD to be more successful on the map. The passive doesn’t hurt either – shields up!
Sanguine Blade removed
10 out of 10 ADCs agree that Bloodthirster is bigger, better and bloodier than Sanguine Blade. We can’t argue with that, so we’ll be retiring it from ARAM.
Ever shed a tear after purchasing Giant’s Belt on ARAM only to remember you can’t build Warmogs? We’re bringing the HP behemoth to ARAM to give tanks a little love and to help them survive poke long enough to initiate at the right time. Note that we’ll be keeping a close eye on this one to make sure tanks don’t become too overpowering.
Skin Boosts; Turning the Random Dial to 11:
After flicking some switches and fiddling with a couple of dials, we’ve successfully added Skin Boosts to our ARAM update! Throw down 95RP and you’ll give everyone on your team a one-time random skin for the champ they’re using that game. You’ll also earn yourself 200IP while giving your teammates 100IP.
Map & Art Changes; No More Nexus Gnomes:
We’ve skinned some of the art from Summoner’s Rift to match the Howling Abyss theme and bring some consistency between the maps. We also took this opportunity to do some general art polish, make some performance improvements and fix an issue that caused champion spells to sometimes be clipped when drawing on the ground. Check out these screenshots for more details.
New Loading Screen
Here’s the new summoner spell for ARAM (identical to the one from the Poro King featured mode):
Throw a snowball a long distance, dealing true damage to the first enemy unit hit. If it hits an enemy, this ability can be recast for 3 seconds to Dash to the tagged unit. Dashing to the target will reduce the cooldown of Mark by 25%.
Mark projectiles are not stopped by spell shields or projectile mitigation.
Dash [ Re-cast Mark ]
Dash to the unit hit by Mark. Casting Dash will reduce the cooldown of Mark by 25%.
- Base Mana-per-5 decreased from 6 to 5
- Mana-per-5 per level increased from 0.8 to 1
- Armor-per-level decreased from 3.9 to 3.0
Arcane Mastery [ Passive ]
Casting spells grants a stack of Arcane Mastery. At 5 stacks, Ryze becomes supercharged, gaining a Mana shield that blocks 25 [+ 5 per level + 8% of Maximum Mana] damage and causing his spell casts to reduce the cooldown of his other spells by the value of Overload [ Q ]’s cooldown.
Overload [ Q ]
Cost: 30/35/40/45/50 Mana || Cooldown: 4 seconds at all ranks
Skillshot: fires an orb, dealing 65/90/115/140/165 [ +0.55 AP ] [ + 2/2.5/3/3.5/4% of Maximum Mana ] magic damage to the first target hit.
- No longer grants 2/4/6/8/10% cooldown reduction passively
- Base damage increased from 55/75/95/115/135 to 65/90/115/140/165
- AP ratio increased from 0.4 to 0.55
- Maximum mana ratio decreased from 6.5% to 2/2.5/3/3.5/4%
- Cooldown increased from 3.5 seconds to 4
- Mana cost decreased from 60 at all ranks to 30/35/40/45/50
- Is now a skillshot
Rune Prison [ W ]
Cost: 60/70/80/90/100 Mana || Range: 600 || Cooldown: 14 seconds at all ranks
Instantly roots a target for 0.75/1/1.25/1.5/1.75 second(s), dealing 65/95/125/155/185 [ +0.4 AP ] [ + 2.5% of Maximum Mana ] magic damage
- Base damage changed from 60/95/130/165/200 to 65/95/125/155/185
- Maximum mana ratio decreased from 4.5% to 2.5%
- AP ratio decreased from 0.6 to 0.4
Spell Flux [ E ]
Cost: 60/70/80/90/100 Mana || Cooldown: 7 seconds || Missile Speed: 1400
Unleashes an orb that deals 50/66/82/98/114 [ +0.3 AP ] [ + 2% of Maximum Mana ] magic damage and reduces the Magic Resist of its target by 8/9/10/11/12% for 5 seconds, stacking up to 3 times.
After hitting, Spell Flux bounces to up to 6 nearby enemies and Ryze, before returning to the original target. Instances of damage on the primary target after the first deal halved damage (25/33/41/49/57 [ +0.15 AP ] [ + 1% of Maximum Mana ]
- Base damage decreased from 50/70/90/110/130 to 50/66/82/98/114
- AP Ratio decreased from 0.35 to 0.3
- Maximum mana ratio increased from 1% to 2%
- Cooldown decreased from 14 seconds at all ranks to 7
- Magic Resist changed from 12/15/18/21/24 flat to 8/9/10/11/12%
- Maximum stacks on magic resist shred decreased from 5 to 3
- Missile speed decreased from 1800 to 1400
Desperate Power [ R ]
Cooldown: 80/60/40 seconds
Passively grants Ryze 10/20/30% cooldown reduction.
On active, Ryze gains 80 flat Movement Speed and 15/20/25% Spell Vamp for 4/5/6 seconds. During this time, Ryze’s spells deal 50% of their damage to enemies in a 200 units radius near his targets
- Now passively grants 10/20/30% cooldown reduction
- Buff duration decreased from 5/6/7 seconds to 4/5/6
- Cooldown changed from 70/60/50 seconds to 80/60/40
Also, he got new spell icons to complement the rework. From left to right: Passive, Q, W, E and R:
- [ TOOLTIP UPDATE ] Bard’s Caretaker Shrine [ W ] now has an added tooltip that shows how many shrines are currently placed on the map.
- [ TOOLTIP UPDATES ] Mundo’s Adrenaline Rush [ Passive ] and Sadism [ R ] now list the exact values of health regenerated, rather than just a percentage.
Infected Cleaver [ Q ]
- If Infected Cleaver kills the target it hits, Mundo gains back the entire health cost of the spell
Buckshot [ Q ]
- Base damage decreased from 60/95/130/165/200 to 60/90/120/150/180
- Bonus damage from extra bullets increased from 40% of base damage to 50% (maximum damage increased from 108/171/234/297/360 [+ 1.44 bonus AD] to 120/180/240/300/360 [+ 1.6 bonus AD] )
Super Mega Death Rocket [ R ]
- Minimum damage (from point-blank range) decreased from 125/175/225 [ + 0.5 bonus AD ] to 25/35/45 [ + 0.1 bonus AD ]
[ Note ] For context on this Jinx nerf, check here.
Void Spike [ W ]
- Heal from explosion increased from 40/70/100/130/160 to 60/85/110/135/160
Creeping Death [ W ]
- When Mordekaiser casts the spell on himself, Creeping Death will try to target the nearest ally champion.
- No longer has a cast time when cast on allies
- Health-per-level decreased from 96 to 90
- Base health pool decreased from 694 to 688
Blood Boil [ W ]
- When Nunu casts the spell on himself, Blood Boil will try to target the nearest ally champion.
Soul Furnace [W]
- Shield strength decreased from 10% of maximum Health to 6/7/8/9/10%
- Shield can now be reactivated to explode after 3 seconds, increased from 2
Spray ‘N Pray [ R ]
- Twitch can now auto-attack buildings while his auto attacks are buffed by his ult
Way of the Wanderer [ Passive ]
- Flow bar (and shield value) increased by 40 at all levels (up from 60 to 100 at level 1 and from 470 to 510 at level 18)
[ Note ] Yasuo gains a percentage of his flow bar when moving. Effectively, this change is just a buff to his passive shield.
The rework of Hunter’s Machete and the new Mandrake Ward have both been reverted and will NOT come with Patch 5.8.
- NEW RECIPE: Now builds out of two Daggers [ 450 Gold ] + 200 Gold Recipe
- Now has a new UNIQUE passive: Basic attacks deal an additional 10 physical damage on-hit.
The changes to Recurve Bow have affected several build paths, which I’ve listed below.
Blade of the Ruined King
- NEW RECIPE: Now builds out of a Recurve Bow [ 900 Gold ] + Bilgewater Cutlass [ 1400 Gold ] + 700 Gold Recipe
- Recipe cost decreased from 900 Gold to 700
- Recipe cost decreased from 500 Gold to 300
- Item cost increased from 2400 Gold to 2500
- Recipe cost decreased from 600 Gold to 500
- Now has a new UNIQUE passive: Basic attacks deal an additional 10 physical damage on-hit. (old passive is still there)
- Damage on old passive is now 0.5 of Total AD, decreased from 10 + 0.5 Total AD (10 on-hit damage was moved from the old passive to the new)
- Recipe Cost decreased from 750 to 550
Black Cleaver [ Reworked ]
- Build Path changed: now builds out of Phage [ 1325 Gold ] and Kindlegem [ 850 Gold ].
- Health increased from 200 to 400
- Attack Damage decreased from 50 to 40
- Cooldown Reduction increased from 10% to 20%
- Recipe cost decreased from 1263 Gold to 825 (total cost unchanged)
- UNIQUE Passive: Can now be stacked 6 times, up from 5, for a total of 30% armor reduction. Also, duration of stack now lasts 6 seconds, increased from 4
- New UNIQUE Passive – Rage: Dealing physical damage grants 20 Movement Speed for 2 seconds. Assists on Cleaved enemy Champions or kills on any unit grant 60 Movement Speed for 2 seconds instead. This Movement Speed is halved (30) for Ranged Champions.
Farsight Orb [ Trinket ]
- Ward left by the trinket’s cast can no longer be targeted by allies
Odyn’s Veil [ Crystal Scar ]
- Recipe cost decreased from 800 Gold to 450
- Health decreased from 650 to 600
Twin Shadows [Dominion and Twisted Treeline-only change]
- Recipe cost increased from 630 Gold to 730 [ total cost up from 2300 Gold to 2400 ]
A new tooltip has been added in the client that shows you what rewards you’ll get for playing matches.
A new option has been added to the ‘Hotkeys’ section. Quick cast with Indicator allows you to hold down a button and, when you release it, the spell is fired.
To complement this feature, you can bind different hotkeys for using spells with a quicksast indicator and using them regularly (or with standard quickcast). You can do the same for your Summoner Spells.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me at @NoL_Chefo or e-mail me at email@example.com.