Here’s a round-up of the PBE updates for this patch cycle. Patch 4.17 (most likely) lands this Tuesday, September 23rd.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me at @NoL_Chefo or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Content for Patch 4.17:
- Viktor Rework
- Soraka Rework
- Order of the Lotus Karma
- Fnatic Skins
- Texture Rebalances
- Worlds Login Screen
- Worlds Summoner Icons
- Champion Changes
Viktor starts with a Prototype Hex Core that he can upgrade 3 times for 1000 gold each. Each upgrade grants +20 AP, +150 Mana and +1 AP per level, cumulating in +75AP, +6 AP per level, +500 Mana for the Perfect Hex Core.
Each upgrade will allow Viktor to augment one of his basic abilities and when Viktor has upgraded all 3, the Chaos Storm will be augmented also.
Icons of Hexacore’s evolution, from levels 1 to 4:
Cooldown: 10/8.5/7/5.5/4 seconds || Mana Cost: 45/50/55/60/65 || Range: 700
Viktor blasts an enemy unit for 40/60/80/100/120 (+0.2AP) magic damage, granting him a 30/50/70/90/110 (+0.2AP) damage shield for 2.5 seconds. Viktor’s next basic attack deals 15-250 (scales with Viktor’s level) (+0.5 AP) bonus magic damage.
Cooldown: 17/16/15/14/13 seconds || Mana Cost: 65 || Range: 700
Viktor deploys a gravitational imprisonment device for 4 seconds, slowing enemy units by 28/32/36/40/44% and adding a stack every .5 seconds. At 3 stacks the target is stunned for 1.5 seconds.
Cooldown: 13/12/11/10/9 seconds || Mana Cost: 70/80/90/100/110 || Range: 700
Viktor uses his robotic arm to fire a chaos beam that cuts across the field in a line, dealing 70/115/160/205/250 (+ .7 AP) magic damage to every enemy in its path.
[ Note ] Missile speed of base and augmented version decreased from 2000 to 1500 compared to live.
Cooldown: 120/110/100 seconds || Mana Cost: 100 || Range: 700
Viktor conjures a singularity at target location, dealing 150/250/350 (+ 0.55 AP) magic damage and interrupting enemy channels.
Viktor can redirect the singularity for 7 seconds, causing 30/60/90 (+0.2 AP) magic damage every second to nearby enemies. The singularity will move slower as it attempts to move farther away from Viktor.
[ Note ] Automatically granted when the Hexacore is fully upgraded.
- Base HP reduced from 405 to 398 (lvl 0)
- HP-per-level increased from 76 to 78
- HP-per-second per level decreased from 0.16 to 0.14
- Mana pool increased from 240 to 250
- Mana-per-second increased from 1.36 to 1.56
- Base Movement Speed decreased from 340 to 325
- Base Magic Resist still 30
- Base Armor still 17
- HP-per-second decreased from 0.9 to 0.7
- HP-per-second per level increased from 0.11 to 0.16
Soraka gain 70% Bonus Movement Speed when running towards allies who are below 40%.
Starcall [ Q ]
Cooldown: 10 / 9 / 8 / 7 / 6 seconds || Cost: 70/75/80/85/90 Mana
Calls down a star at target location. Enemies standing in the explosion radius take 70/110/150/190/230 (+0.35 AP) magic damage. Enemies standing in the center take 150% damage ( 105/165/225/285/345 (+0.52 AP) ) and are slowed by 30/35/40/45/50% for 2 seconds.
Astral Infusion [ W ]
Cooldown: 4 / 3.5 / 3 / 2.5 / 2 seconds || Cost: 10% of Max HP + 20/25/30/35/40 Mana || Range: 450
Active: Restores 120/150/180/210/240 (+0.6 AP) Health to target ally. Cannot be cast if Soraka is below 5% Health.
Passive: Each enemy Champion hit by Starcall heals Soraka for 25/35/45/55/65 (+0.4 AP) - 50/70/90/110/130 (+0.4 AP), depending on Soraka’s missing HP.
Equinox [ E ]
Cooldown: 18/17/16/15/14 seconds || Cost: 70 Mana || Range: 925
On Enemy Cast: Creates a zone at target location for 1.5 seconds. Enemies standing in the zone are silenced until they leave. When the zone disappears, all enemies still standing on the zone are rooted for 1/1.3/1.5/1.8/2 second(s). The zone deals an initial 70/110/150/190/230 (+0.4 AP) magic damage to Champions where it’s cast and deals the same damage again when the duration ends.
Wish [ R ]
Cooldown: 160/145/130 Seconds || Cost: 100 Mana || Range: Global
Calls upon divine powers to restore 150/250/350 (+0.55 AP) Health to all allied Champions. Wish’s power is increased by 50% on each Champion below 40% Health and it removes any Grievious Wounds debuffs from allies before healing.
[ Note ] Order of the Lotus Karma will be available for 975 RP after Patch 4.17 hits live (September 23rd).
Order of the Lotus Karma in her Mantra‘d state.
For her recall animation, Lotus Karma fans herself and a string instrument plays.
Inner Flame [ Q ]
Focused Resolve [ W ]
Inspire [ E ]
Soulflare [ Mantra Q ]
Defiance [ Mantra E ]
Fnatic are getting their team skins for winning Season 1′s World Championship.
Fnatic’s skins will be available for 750 RP each after Patch 4.17 hits live (September 23rd).
From left to right: Fnatic Corki, Janna, Gragas, Jarvan IV and Karthus
Fnatic Jarvan IV
Don’t know what “texture rebalancing” means? Here’s a summary of red posts on the topic:
[ Note ] I didn’t have a PBE account with all content unlocked when these changes took place, so I was only able to screenshot very few changes, as an example. For a full comparison of the old-new textures, check out the coverage the folks at Surrender@20 have put up.
Red Baron Corki
Here’s this year’s Login Screen for Worlds (video by FrostyNinja):
- Base mana increased from 250 to 270
- Mana-per-level increased from 50 to 60
- AP ratio increased from 0.35 to 0.45
Perseverance [ Passive ]
- When Garen reaches level 11, damage from non-epic monsters will no longer stop Perseverance, the cooldown between taking damage is decreased from 9 seconds to 6 and the health-per-second is increased from 0.4% to 0.8% (per second)
- When Garen reaches level 16, the cooldown is decreased to 4 seconds and the healing is increased to 2%
- When dropped to 40% HP, LeBlanc goes invisible for 1 second, increased from 0.5 seconds
- Time during which LeBlanc can re-activate Distortion increased from 3 seconds to 4
Vengeful Maelstrom [ R ]
- Maokai can now store up to 100/150/200 magic damage, decreased from 200/250/300
- Base Attack Damage reduced from 49 to 44
- Base Attack Speed reduced from 0.670 to 0.638
- Attack Damage ratio reduced from 1.0/2.5/3.33 to 0.8/2.0/2.67 (min/max/max Hunt)
- Ability Power ratio increased from 0.24/0.6/0.8 to 0.3/0.75/1.0 (min/max/max Hunt)
- Pounce cooldown reduction mechanic added to Hunted Pounce (removed from Hunted Swipe)
- Pounce cooldown reduction mechanics baseline effect increased from 1.0 seconds to 1.5
- Cooldown reduction mechanics on Pounce now affected by Nidalee’s Cooldown Reduction stat
- No longer affects the cooldown of Pounce when used on a Hunted target
Now that Nidalee has been out and about on the Live environment for awhile, we wanted to make some changes to her to address a few issues. There are all sorts of ideas floating around out there as to what to do about her, ranging from ‘leave her alone’ to ‘please just delete her.’ Not too surprisingly, I’m sure, we haven’t opted for either of those, but here’s what we have decided to do.
One of the paramount problems with Nidalee in from a playing against perspective is that she doesn’t offer opponents meaningful windows during which they can put their guard down or feel like they have the upper hand, especially during the laning phase. Nidalee is intended to have short periods of time between Javelin Toss cooldowns where she is somewhat less dangerous, but when she builds primarily AD duelist items, that weakness seems like it’s hardly there anymore. To that end, the approach we are taking is one that will hopefully help to emphasize her windows of strength and weakness, and we feel that moving her more toward the direction of AP or AP bruiser will help with that. AP builds almost always have lower power from basic attacks, so we think that if she can move a bit in that direction, she won’t pose a such a high constant level of threat to opponents, particularly in the lane phase.
One final thing to note is that Nidalee is not exactly known for her incredible teamfighting capabilities, and a large contributor to that is that she actually offers opponents so many ways to play against her in a teamfight environment. As such, we’ve made a small change to the way the Pounce reset on Hunt works to give Nidalee players more consistent results on the mobility end when Hunting.
Power Ball [ Q ]
- Activating Defensive Ball Curl while in Power Ball will now continue the Power Ball for one second instead of canceling it instantly (doesn’t add extra duration to Power Ball).
Defensive Ball Curl [ W ]
- Activating Power Ball while in Defensive Ball Curl will now continue the Defensive Ball Curl for one second instead of canceling it instantly (doesn’t add extra duration to Defensive Ball Curl).
- Now slows the target by 99% for 0.25 seconds
- No longer silences
- Cooldown increased from 60 seconds at all ranks to 100/85/70