Patch 6.9 will hit live in the early hours of May 4th (Wednesday), assuming there are no delays. Here are all its contents:
Black Scourge Singed will be available in store for 750 RP.
Cursed Revenant Nocturne will be available in store for 750 RP.
Iron Inquisitor will be available in store for 750 RP.
Four new summoner icons will be available for purchase; they’ll either require 250 RP or a blood sacrifice:
Most of the mid-season stuff should be on the PBE within the next day or two. As usual it should be pretty easy to identify most of the changes, there are a few things I wanted to call out though since they may not be as easy to spot as the more standard stuff like champion adjustments. Some of this stuff will also be discussed in more detail over the next few days by the developers working specifically on it too.
- Jungling XP’s getting adjusted. In particular Machete now gives more XP, including the catch up XP if you’re lower level than the monsters themselves. That’s a change targeted primarily at how safe and effective buddy jungling is in organized play.
- Tower damage will now ramp up quicker against champions and will maintain it’s ramped state when swapping between multiple champions. Agro juggling during a dive should still be a good play some of the time, but riskier at low levels in particular.
- Death timers will be getting reduced somewhat, probably between the 20-30 minute marks primarily. This is a follow up to the 6.7 changes that targeted 30 minute+ death timers, similarly aimed at reducing how punishing one fight can be and keeping a bit less gray screen time.
- Boot enchants are getting removed. After making Homeguard a universal effect post 20 minutes we wanted to see how the boot enchant system played out. One of the main consequences has been Alacrity on a lot of champions, which as lead to noticeably higher average movement speeds. That throws off balance on a number of things, skillshots and ground targeted AOEs in particular, so we’d like to get average speeds back to a more appropriate spot. Removing boot enchants, now that the most impactful and significant is always provided, was one of the best ways we identified to do that.
- Baron buff duration’s going up a bit, in part to draw clear distinctions between it and the Elder Dragon buff (Elder dragon’s around half the length, and on a longer respawn timer than normal dragons, so there shouldn’t be too many cases of each team taking one of the two and then the game stalling until both are gone).
[ Link to Post ]
Grievous Wounds [ Debuff ]
- Will now reduce all healing by 40%, not just self-healing.
- Missile speed of basic attacks increased from 1400 to 1500.
Flash Frost [ Q ]
- Damage on both pass-through and explosion decreased from 60/90/120/150/180 [+0.5 AP] to 60/85/110/135/160 [+0.4 AP].
- Ranks in Glacial Storm [ R ] now increase Flash Frost’s slow strength from 20% to 20/30/40%.
- Stun duration increased from 1 second at all ranks to 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5.
(Note) The stun circle effect can now be seen by enemies too.
Frostbite [ E ]
- Missile speed increased from 1200 to 1600.
- Looks like the cast center now originates from the end of Anivia’s model, not her center.
Glacial Storm [ R ]
- Slow strength increased from 20% to 20/30/40%, but no longer slows Attack Speed of enemies in the AoE;
- AoE now increases from 150 range to 400 over 3 seconds. At 400 range, the field slows for 70/80/90% and applies the “Chill” debuff for 2 seconds, up from 1;
- Cast range increased from 625 to 685;
- Now has a short cast animation.
Anivia’s also received new spell icons in today’s patch. From left to right: Passive, Q, W, E and R:
Pyromania [ Passive ]
- Now uses Jhin’s ammunition UI below Annie’s health bar to display the stacks toward a stun.
Incinerate [ W ]
- Cast range increased from 560 to 600;
- The damage and stun now only register after the castÂ animation completes, not when the spell is cast.
Molten Shield [ E ]
- No longer grants 10/20/30/40/50 Armor and Magic resist while the shield lasts; instead, it grants 16/22/28/34/40% damage reduction;
- Duration of shield increased from 3 seconds at all ranks to 5.
- Casting Molten Shield no longer gives Tibbers 300 movespeed (decaying over 0.75 seconds).
Summon: Tibbers [ R ]
Damage decreased from 175/300/425 [+0.8 AP] to 150/275/400 [+0.65 AP];
Damage of Tibbers aura decreased from 20/30/40 [+0.2 AP] to 10/15/20 [+0.1 AP];
Auto-attack range of Tibbers increased from 125 to 150;
Damage on Tibbers’ auto attacks changed from 80/105/130 to 50/75/100 [+0.15 AP];
Tibbers now regenerates 10% of his maximum Health-per-second after he’s been out of combat for 5 seconds;
Additionally, Tibbers will heal for 50% of his missing Health if Annie dies; he’ll also automatically aggro on the Champion that killed Annie if he’s within 1200 range;
Alt+Click on Annie will now make Tibbers follow Annie.
New effect: Tibbers Enrages when summoned; Annie stuns a Champion with Pyromania; and when Annie dies;
Enrages: Tibbers gains 275% Attack Speed and 100% Movement Speed, with the AS buff decaying as Tibbers attacks and the movespeed decaying over-time. Both numbers decay completely after 3 seconds. While Enraged, Tibbers ghosts through units.
Blaze [ Passive ]
DoT decreased from 8% of Maximum HP over 4 seconds to 2%;
The Blaze DoT now stacks 3 times (meaning you have to hit 3 spells while the DoT is ticking). At three stacks, Blaze detonates after a 2-second-delay, dealing 12 [+0.5 per level, caps at level 9] [+0.015 AP] % of Maximum HP (damage is calculated separately for each target in the AoE). Enemy champions can’t get Blaze stacks for 4 seconds after they’ve been damaged by a detonation.
Sear [ Q ]
- Damage decreased from 80/120/160/200/240 [+0.65 AP] to 80/110/140/170/200 [+0.55 AP];
- Stun duration decreased from 2 seconds at all ranks to 1.5.
Pillar Of Flame [ W ]
- Mana cost decreased from 70/80/90/100/110 to 60/70/80/90/100;
- Cooldown decreased from 10 seconds at all ranks to 10/9.5/9/8.5/8.
Conflagration [ E ]
- Damage decreased from 70/105/140/175/210 [+0.55 AP] to 70/90/110/130/150 [+0.35 AP];
- Cooldown decreased from 12/11/10/9/8 seconds to 10/9/8/7/6.
Pyroclasm [ R ]
- Damage decreased from 150/250/350 [+0.5 AP] to 100/200/300 [+0.25 AP];
- New Passive – Blaze: If the target is ablaze, Pyroclasm will briefly slow the target by 30/45/60%.
(Note) The updated Pyroclasm will always prioritize Champions over minions, and will further prioritize Champions with Blaze stacks.
Brand’s also received new spell icons. From left to right: Passive, Q, W, E and R:
- Base Health increased from 506 to 525;
- Base Mana increased from 370 to 375;
- Base Movement Speed decreased from 335 to 328;
- Attack Damage changed from 52.3 [+3.2 per level] to 53 [+3 per level];
- Armor changed from 22 [+4 per level] to 25 [+3.5 per level];
- Base Health regen increased from 1.08 per second to 1.2;
- Base Mana Regen decreased from 1.7 per second [+0.15 per level] to 1.6 [+0.16 per level].
Serpentine Grace [ Passive ] (Reworked)
Cassiopeia gains 4 flat Movement Speed per level. Also, she cannot purchase Boot items.
Noxious Blast [ Q ]
- Damage increased from 75/115/155/195/235 [+0.45 AP] to 75/120/165/210/255 [+0.7 AP];
- Cooldown decreased from 4 seconds at all ranks to 3.5;
- Mana cost increased from 40/50/60/70/80 to 60/65/70/75/80;
- Movement Speed buff changed from 20% at all ranks for 3 seconds to 20/22.5/25/27.5/30% for 2 seconds.
Miasma [ W ] (Partially Reworked)
- Cassiopeia will now throw several AoE clouds in an arc in front of her. Miasma will leave the clouds at either the max cast range (800) or in front of any walls it hits;
- Damage increased from 10/15/20/25/30 [+0.1 AP] to 20/35/50/65/80 [+0.15 AP];
- Slow strength changed from 25/30/35/40/45% to 35% at all ranks;
- Additionally, enemies who stay in the clouds will be debuffed with Debilitating Poison, which prevents them from using any displacementÂ spells, including Flash.
- Cooldown increased from 14/13/12/11/10 seconds to 22/20/18/16/14;
- Mana cost increased to 70 at all ranks from 40/50/60/70/80.
- AoE duration increased from 4 seconds to 5.
Twin Fang [ E ]
- Cooldown decreased from 5 seconds at all ranks to 0.9;
- Mana cost changed from 50/60/70/80/90 to 60/65/70/75/80;
- If Twin Fang kills its target, Cassiopeia is refunded the entire mana cost;
- Damage decreased from 55/80/105/130/155 [+0.55 AP] to 52 [+4 per Champion level] [+0.1 AP];
- If the target is poisoned, Twin Fang will deal an additional 10/40/70/100/130Â [+0.35 AP] and heal Cassiopeia for 5/10/15/20/25 [+0.1 AP].
Petrifying Gaze [ R ]
- Slow strength decreased from 60% at all ranks to 40%.
Dread [ Passive ] (Reworked)
If Fiddlesticks stands still or channels for 1.5 seconds, he’ll gain 25/30/35/40% bonus Movement Speed (values for levels 1/6/11/16) for 1.5 seconds after he starts moving. Hard CC resets the timer for Dread to activate, but soft CC doesn’t.
Terrify [ Q ]
- Cast range decreased from 576 to 525.
Drain [ W ]
- Cooldown decreased from 10/9/8/7/6 seconds to 4/3.75/3.5/3.25/3, but the CD starts when Drain’s channel ends, rather than when it’s cast.
Dark Wind [ E ]
- Maximum number of bounces increased from 5 to 7.
Crowstorm [ R ]
- If cast outside its maximum range, Crowstorm will be cast at its maximum range in that direction (meaning Fiddle won’t move until he’s in range for your command anymore);
- Additionally, Crowstorm will leave an “on my way” ping where it’s cast.
Fiddlesticks also received new spell icons. From left to right: Passive, Q, W, E and R:
Test of Spirit [ E ]
- Duration of Vessel debuff decreased from 60 seconds to 12;
- Vessels now cause Tentacles to spawn every 5 seconds (scaling down with Illaoi’s level), down from 10;
- Vessels can no longer remove the spell by killing Tentacles.
Mark of the Storm [ Passive ]
- Duration of repeated stuns debuff decreased from 7 seconds at all levels to 6.
Thundering Shuriken [ Q ]
- Energy cost decreased from 65/60/55/50/45 to 60/55/50/45/40.
Electrical Surge [ W ]
- Cast range on active decreased from 800 to 750.
- Energy cost decreased from 45 at all ranks to 40.
Slicing Maelstrom [ R ]
- Duration of AoE decreased from 3/4/5 seconds to 3 at all ranks;
- Damage on subsequent hits increased from 50% to 75% of the original damage;
- Now does damage to all champions in the AoE simultaneously every 0.5 seconds, decreased from hitting nearby random Champions every 0.25 seconds.
Kennen also received new spell icons. From left-to-right: Passive, Q, W, E and R.
Dance of Arrows [ Q ]
- Static cooldown of [ Q ] if cast within Wolf’s [ W ] zone increased from 2 seconds at all ranks to 4/3.5/3/2.5/2.
Wolf’s Frenzy [ W ]
- Passive now gains less stacks for moving, but will now additionally gain stacks for auto-attacking;
- Duration of Wolf’s zone increased from 8 seconds at all ranks to 8.5.
- Wolf’s basic attacks now deal 50% increased damage to jungle monsters.
Passive [ Void Shift ] (Reworked)
Malzahar enters Void Shift when he hasn’t taken direct damage for 24 seconds [-1 per level]. During Void Shift, Malzahar gains 90% damage reduction and crowd control immunity, which breaks 1 second after taking direct damage or when it blocks one instance of crowd control.
Call of the Void [ Q ]
- Damage decreased from 80/135/190/245/300 [+0.8 AP] to 70/115/160/205/250 [+0.6 AP];
- Cooldown decreased from 9 seconds at all ranks to 6;
- Mana cost decreased from 80/85/90/95/100 to 60 at all ranks;
- Silence duration decreased from 1.4/1.8/2.2/2.6/3 seconds to 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2.
Void Swarm [ W ] (Reworked)
Cooldown: 20/19/18/17/16 seconds at all ranks || Mana cost: 60 at all ranks
Summon a Voidling lasting 12 seconds to fight nearby enemies.
The first time a Voidling attacks a champion, large monster, or epic monster, or assists in killing a unit, Malzahar spawns a new Voidling with the same remaining duration. When 3 or more Voidlings are active, they all gain 50% bonus Attack Speed. Additionally, Voidlings will gain increased health with Champion level.
- Attacks deal [0.3/0.325/0.35/0.375/0.4 Total AD] physical damage + 10/15/20/25/30 [+0.1 AP] magic damage;
- Deals triple damage to lane minions below 25% Health;
- Will not spawn from a Voidling with less than 4 seconds left;
- Prefers to attack targets with Nether Grasp or Malefic Visions and has 100% increased Movement Speed when seeking these targets;
- Otherwise attacks the enemy nearest it.
Malefic Visions [ E ]
- Damage decreased from 80/140/200/260/320 [+0.8 AP] to 80/115/150/185/220 [+0.7 AP];
- Mana cost decreased from 80/115/150/185/220 to 60/70/80/90/100;
- No longer restores flat mana on-kill; instead, kills restore 2% of Malzahar’s maximum mana;
- If Malzahar hits a target affected by his Space AIDS [ E ], the duration of the DoT will refresh.
Nether Grasp [ R ]
- No longer deals 50/80/110 [+0.26 AP] per half second;
- Now spawns Malzahar’s old Null Zone [ W ] in the center of the suppressed target, dealing 6 [+0.15 AP] % of Maximum Health as magic damage for 5 seconds.
Malzahar’s also received new spell icons. From left to right: Passive, Q, W, E and R:
Malzahar’s base splash was also updated:
Takedown [ Q ]
- Execute bonus damage changed from 1.5% bonus damage per 1% missing HP to 1/1.25/1.5/1.75%.
Unseen Predator / Ferocity [ Passive ]
- Passive leap strike now procs Statikk Shiv and all other on-hit items.
Savagery [ Q ]
- Fixed a bug where Savagery was nullifying the damage from dead man’s plate and Spellblade (Sheen).
Bola Strike [ E ]
- Cast no longer maintains cast location, but maintains directional when moved during cast time. (Cast location was obtained at the start of cast, if Rengar jumps over or moves drastically around this point (commonly Flash & Unseen Predator), his bola can go in seemingly random direction. This change should prevent a lot of the “bola going in random direction” since it maintains the direction of cast, and will move accordingly with Rengar.)
- Fixed a bug where Bola cast time on live is most commonly at 0.25 seconds, so Bola cast time now consistently 0.25. We can reevaluate in later patches if this is still an issue.
- Fixed a bug where entering empowered mode while casting Bola would cast Empowered Bola to be on cooldown, or immediately kick Rengar out of ferocity mode.
Thrill of the Hunt [ R ]
- Fixed an inconsistency where exiting Thrill of the Hunt with an ability might result in 4 Ferocity gain instead of 5.
Carrion Renewal [ Passive ]
- Base mana restored per kill increased from 9 to 12.
Decrepify [ Q ]
- No longer single-target; instead, Swain will put Beatrice down in the center of an AoE that lasts 4 seconds. The crow will attack targets inside the circle, prioritizing targets affected by Torment. It will retarget on its own after a kill and will drop aggro on targets that exit the circle;
- Now deals double damage to minions;
- Cooldown increased from 8 at all ranks to 14/13/12/11/10;
- Mana cost decreased from 60/70/80/90/100 to 60/65/70/75/80.
Nevermove [ W ]
- Mana cost decreased from 80/90/100/110/120 to 80/85/90/95/100.
Torment [ E ]
- Damage changed from 75/115/155/195/235 [+0.8 AP] to 50/80/110/140/170 [+1.0 AP];
- Damage amplification increased from 8/11/14/17/20% to 20% at all ranks.
Ravenous Flock [ R ]
- Maximum number of targets increased from 3 to 5;
- Heal effectiveness from minions decreased from 25% to 15%;
- Cooldown increased from 8 seconds at all ranks to 10;
- Mana cost increase-per-second decreased from 5/6/7 seconds to 5 at all ranks.
Starcall [ Q ]
- Slow decreased from 30/35/40/45/50% to 30% at all ranks;
- Movement Speed strength of Rejuvenation buff decreased from 15% to 10%.
Transcendent [ Passive ]
- At level 9, Dark Spheres [ Q ] no longer deals 15% bonus damage against Champions; instead, it increases the lifespan of spheres from 6 seconds to 8;
- At level 9, no longer increases the slow duration on Force of Will [ W ] by 2 seconds; instead, Syndra will automatically grab two additional spheres near the targetted sphere (or buff monster).
Dark Sphere [ Q ]
- AP ratio increased from 0.6 AP to 0.75.
Scatter The Weak [ E ]
- Cooldown decreased from 18/16.5/15/13.5/12 seconds to 16/15/14/13/12.
- Mana changed from 250 [+75 per level] to 300 [+60 per level].
Bastion [ W ]
- Cast range decreased from 1100 to 800;
- Tether range decreased from 1600 to 1300.
Dazzle [ E ]
- Hitbox of stun decreased from 650/150 (length/width) to 610/140.
Blinding Dart [ Q ]
- Mana cost decreased from 70/80/90/100/110 to 70/75/80/85/90.
Noxious Trap [ R ]
- Recharge cooldown decreased from 34/28/22 seconds to 30/25/20;
- Mana cost decreased from 75/100/125 to 75 at all ranks.
Phenomenal Evil Power [ Passive ] (Reworked)
Veigar is the greatest Evil to ever strike at the heart of Runeterra – and he’s only getting bigger! Striking an enemy Champion with a spell grants Veigar stacks of Phenomenal Evil, giving him 1 Ability Power. Takedowns grant an additional 3 stacks.
(Note) The passive’s tooltip shows how much AP you’ve earned with each spell and with takedowns.
Baleful Strike [ Q ]
- Mana cost decreased from 60/65/70/75/80 to 40/45/50/55/60;
- Killing a unit with this also grants Veigar a stack of Phenomenal Evil. Large minions and large monsters grant two.
Dark Matter [ W ]
- Mana cost decreased from 70/75/80/85/90 to 60/65/70/75/80.
Event Horizon [ E ]
- Mana cost decreased from 80/85/90/95/100 to 70/75/80/85/90.
Primordial Burst [ R ]
- Damage changed from 250/375/500 [+1.0 AP] [+0.8 of target’s AP] to 175/275/375 [0.75] – 350/550/750 [1.5 AP], based on the target’s missing Health.
- Mana cost decreased from 125 at all ranks to 100;
Organic Deconstruction [ Passive ]
- Base damage decreased from 35 to 25;
- Now has an added 0.4 AP ratio.
Plasma Fission [ Q ]
- The angle indicator will no longer be visible for enemies;
- Now refunds 20/22.5/25/27.5/30 mana for every unit Plasma Fission kills.
Void Rift [ W ]
- AP ratio on initial rift decreased from 0.25 to 0.15;
- AP ratio on rift opening decreased from 0.375 to 0.25.
Tectonic Disruption [ E ]
- AP ratio decreased from 0.5 to 0.3.
Life Form Disintegration Ray [ R ]
- No longer stacks Organic Deconstruction;
- Damage increased from 500/700/900 [+0.6 AP] to 500/725/950 [+1.0 AP];
- Cooldown decreased from 130/110/90 seconds to 120/100/80;
- New Passive – if Vel’Koz procs Organic Deconstruction with his other spells, he will Research them for 7 seconds. Life Form Disintegration Ray deals true damage against Researched targets. Vel’Koz’s basic spells and auto-attacks refresh the duration of the Research debuff.
Siphon Power [ Q ]
- Damage increased from 40/60/80/100/120 [+0.2 AP] to 60/85/110/135/160 [+0.4 AP];
- Shield value changed from 30/50/70/90/110 [+0.2 AP] to 0.15 AP [+0.08 of Maximum Mana];
- Bonus on-hit magic damage changed from 20-210 (scales with level) to 20/40/60/80/100 (Q ranks);
- Cooldown decreased from 10/8.5/7/5.5/4 seconds to 8/7/6/5/4.
Death Ray [ E ]
- AP ratio decreased from 0.7 to 0.5;
- Missle speed of laser increased from 780 to 1050;
- Explosion damage on Augmented laser decreased from 70/110/150/190/230 [+0.7 AP] to 40/70/100/130/160 [+0.6 AP];
- Delay on explosion increased from 0.6 seconds to 1;
- Explosion now deals full damage to targets damaged by Death Ray [60% on live].
Chaos Storm [ R ]
- Initial damage decreased from 150/250/350 [+0.55 AP] to 100/175/250 [+0.5 AP];
- Storm now deals 150/250/350 [+0.6 AP] magic damage every 2 seconds, increased from 15/30/45 [+0.1 AP] damage every 0.5 seconds;
- Storm duration decreased from 7 seconds at all ranks to 6.5.
- Base Health changed from 543 [+85 per level] to 550 [+84 per level];
- Armor changed from 22 [+3.5 per level] to 23 [+3.3 per level];
- Attack Damage increased from 48 to 52;
Crimson Pact [ Passive ]
- Bonus AP increased from 0.025 of Bonus Health to 0.04;
- Bonus HP decreased from 1.4 AP to 1.0.
Transfusion [ Q ]
- Damage decreased from 90/125/160/195/230 [+0.6 AP] to 80/100/120/140/160 [+0.45 AP];
- Heal decreased from 15/25/35/45/55 [+0.25 AP] to 20/25/30/35/40 [+0.15 AP];
- Cooldown changed from 10/8.5/7/5.5/4 seconds to 9/8/7/6/5;
- After casting Tranfusion Twice, Vladimir gains Crimson Rush for a few seconds, with the timer beginning when Tranfusion comes off cooldown.;
- Crimson Rush: For the next 2.5 seconds, Vladimir gains bonus Movement Speed and Tranfusion deals double damage and heals for a bonus 40 [+15 per Champion level] + 5 [+0.025 AP] % of his Missing Health. The bonus heal value is halved against lane minions, but not monsters.
Tides of Blood [ E ] (Reworked)
Cost: 10% of Maximum Health || Cooldown: 9/8/7/6/5 seconds || Cast Range: 600
Vladimir charges up a reservoir of blood, paying up to 10% of his Maximum Health over 1 second to increase Tides of Blood’s damage by the same amount.
On release or after 1.5 seconds, Vladimir unleashes a nova of blood, dealing between 30/40/50/60/70 [+0.025 Max HP] [+0.35 AP] and 60/80/100/150/140 (+0.1 Max HP) [+0.7 AP] magic damage to enemies hit.
When fully charged, Tides of Blood slows Vladimir while he holds it, but will briefly slow targets by 40/45/50/55/60% when he releases it.
Hemoplague [ R ]
- Duration of debuff (and time for the spell to deal damage) decreased from 5 seconds at all ranks to 4;
- Damage amplification decreased from 12% at all ranks to 10%;
- Additionally, Hemoplague will heal Vladimir for 75/125/175 [+0.35 AP] for each enemy champion it damages.
Vlad’s also received new spell icons. From left to right: Passive, Q, W, E and R:
Shocking Orb [ E ]
- Stun duration changed from 0.75 – 1.75 seconds to 0.5 – 2.
Rite of the Arcane [ R ]
- Number of missiles increased from 3 at all ranks to 3/4/5;
- Base damage changed from 190/245/300 to 200/230/260.
- Base Movement Speed increased from 335 to 340.
Cell Division [ Passive ]
- Blobs now take less time to converge to the center, decreasing with level.
- Lvl 1 – 8 seconds;
- Lvl 6 – 7 seconds;
- Lvl 10 – 6 seconds;
- Lvl 13 – 5 seconds;
- Lvl 17 – 4 seconds.
Satchel Charge [ W ]
- Can now instantly destroy towers below 25% HP.
Mega Inferno Bomb [ R ]
- Cooldown decreased from 120 seconds at all ranks to 120/105/90;
- Minions are no longer dealt double damage by the spell.
- Base Health increased from 479 to 499;
- Movement Speed increased from 325 to 340.
Garden of Thorns [ Passive ] (Reworked)
Seeds spawn around Zyra periodically, becoming faster with level and lasting 45 seconds (with a maximum number of 8 seeds planted at any time). If an enemy Champion steps on a seed, the seed dies. If Zyra casts Deadly Spines or Grasping Roots near seeds, she grows plants which last 5-7.5 seconds (scaling up with Champion level). Extra plants striking the same target deal 50% damage.
- Plant damage decreased from 23 [+6.5 per level] [+0.2 AP] to 24 [+5 per level] [+0.15 AP];
- Plant health decreased from 3 to 2.
(Note) Zyra will not attempt to place two seeds close to each other. Also, plant AI has received an overhaul.
Deadly Spines [ Q ]
- Skillshot changed from a circular AoE to a thick line;
- Damage decreased from 70/105/140/175/210 [+0.65 AP] to 60/90/120/150/180 [+0.55 AP];
- Mana cost decreased 75/80/85/90/95 to 60 at all ranks.
Rampant Growth [ W ]
- Passive no longer gives Zyra 2/4/6/8/10% Cooldown Reduction. Instead, it increases the maximum health of her plants by 10/20/30/40/50%;
- Seeds still grant vision in a small area and spot enemy champions who step on them for 2 seconds.
Stranglethorns [ R ]
- No longer increases the Attack Speed of plants in the AoE by 50%; instead, it increases their damage by 150%.
Zyra’s also received new spell icons. From left to right: Passive, Q, W, E and R:
Frozen Heart and Guinsoo’s Rageblade have both received updated item icons:
- Recipe Change: Fiendish Codex + Negatron Cloak + Amplifying Tome + 695 Gold = 2750 Total Gold;
- Ability Power decreased from 70 to 60;
- Magic Resist increased from 50 to 60;
- Now grants 10% Cooldown Reduction;
- Passive aura MR shred changed from 20 to 10-25 (scales with level);
- Passive aura no longer reduces the MR of minions.
Athene’s Unholy Grail
- Recipe Change: Chalice + Fiendish Codex + 300 Gold = 2100 Total Gold;
- Total Cost decreased from 2700 Gold to 2100;
- Ability Power decreased from 60 to 40;
- Bonus Mana Regeneration decreased from 100% of Base regen to 75%;
- Mana Passive: Mana Passives on Kill or Assist have been removed.
- New Passive: Gain 15% of premitigation damage dealt to champions as Blood charges, up to 100 to 270 (based on level). Healing or shielding another ally consumes Blood charges to heal that ally.
- Recipe Changed: Spectre’s Cowl + Negatron Cloak + 530 Gold;
- Total Cost decreased from 2900 Gold to 2450;
- Health decreased from 500 to 300.
Catalyst of Aeons
- Valor’s Reward passive removed (no longer restores 150 HP/200 Mana on level-up);
- New Passive – Eternity: 15% of damage taken from champion is gained as Mana. 15% of Mana spent is gained as Health. (Healing limited to 25 per spell cast or 25 per second for toggled spells.)*
Chalice of Harmony
- Passive remade: Increases your Health Regeneration by 100% if your Health % is lower than your Mana %. Increases your Mana Regeneration by 100% if your Mana % is lower than your Health %;
(Note) Mikael’s Crucible and Athene’s Unholy Grail gain this passive instead of Mana Font.
Enchantment: Bloodrazor (replaces Devourer)
- Grants 40% Attack Speed;
- UNIQUE Passive: Basic attacks deal 3% of the target’s maximum Health in bonus physical damage (max 75 vs monsters and minions) on hit.
- Recipe cost decreased from 1180 Gold to 880 (total cost down from 2700 to 2400);
- Magic Resist decreased from 60 to 45.
- Recipe changed: Blasting Wand (850) + Pickaxe (875) + Recurve Bow (1000) + 875 Recipe Cost = 3600 Gold total;
- Attack Damage increased from 30 to 35;
- Abiliy Power increased from 40 to 50;
- New Passive: Basic attacks deal an additional 15 magic damage on-hit;
- Maximum stacks are now 6, decreased from 8 (bonuses per stack are unchanged);
- Guinsoo’s Rage (buff at max stacks) no longer deals on-hit magic damage in an AoE; instead, it causes every other basic attack to trigger on-hit effects twice (aka Devourer’s passive).
- Recipe: Catalyst of Aeons + Hextech Revolver + 750 Gold = 3000 Total Gold;
- Grants 300 Health, 80 Ability Power and 400 Mana;
- Passive – Shared with Catalyst of Aeons;
- Active – Ice Bolts: Throw an arc of five piercing icy bolts that explode to deal 100 – 200(+20% of your Ability Power) as magic damage. Enemies hit are slowed by 60% decaying over 0.5 seconds. (30 second cooldown, shared with other Hextech Items).
- Damage on active changed from 150 [+0.4 AP] toÂ 300 [+0.3 AP];
- Active now instantaneously shoots a lightning bolt with zero travel time, immediately slowing the target for 2 seconds;
- Active now shares a cooldown with other Hextech Items.
- Combine Cost decreased from 340 to 240 (total cost down from 1200 Gold to 1100).
- Spell Vamp removed;
- New Passive – Magic Bolt: Your basic attacks deal 75 – 150 magic damage on hit. (30 second cooldown, shared with other Hextech items);
- Recipe: Hextech Revolver + Kindlegem + 750 Gold = 2500 Total Gold;
- Grants 300 Health, 80 Ability Power and 10% Cooldown Reduction;
- Active – Fire Bolt: Dash 300 units in a direction (at 1200 speed) and then unleash a nova of fireballs that deal 100 – 250 (+25% of your Ability Power) magic damage to enemies hit. Enemies hit by more than one fireball take 15% damage from additional balls. (30 second cooldown, shared with other Hextech items). This Dash cannot go over walls.
Lost Chapter [ New Item ]
- Recipe: Sapphire Crystal + Amplifying Tome + 115 Gold = 900 Total Gold;
- Grants 25 Ability Power and 250 Mana;
- Unique Passive: Upon levelling up, restores 20% of your maximum mana over 3 seconds.
- Quicksilver active now removes CC effects only, not all debuffs (so spells like Zed’s ult or Trundle’s ult can’t be QSS-ed anymore).
- Recipe Change: Lost Chapter + Fiendish Codex + 500 Gold = 2300 Total Gold
- Mana Regeneration removed (+100% Base Regen on live);
- Quicksilver active now removes CC effects only, not all debuffs.
- Recipe cost decreased from 750 Gold to 650 (total cost down from 2600 Gold to 2500).
Rod of Ages
- Recipe Change: Catalyst of Aeons + Needlessly Large Rod + 50 Gold;
- Total Cost decreased from 3000 Gold to 2500;
- Ability Power decreased from 80 to 60;
- Mana decreased from 400 to 300;
- Mana-per-stack decreased from 40 to 10.
- Total Cost increased from 1100 Gold to 1200;
- Health increased from 200 to 250;
- Magic Resist decreased from 35 to 30.
- Combine Cost decreased from 900 to 800 (total cost unchanged because of Spectre Cowl’s cost increase;
- Magic Resist decreased from 70 to 50;
- Bonus Health Regen increased from 150% of Base regen to 200%;
- Passive heal buff increased from 20% to 25%.
- Recipe cost increased from 800 Gold to 1000 (total cost up from 2700 Gold to 2900).
Tear of the Goddess
- Mana Regeneration removed (+25% Base Regen on live);
- New (Additional) Passive – Awe: Refunds 25% of Mana spent.
The Black Cleaver
- Attack Damage decreased from 55 to 50;
- Recipe cost decreased from 1150 Gold to 750 (total cost downÂ from 3500 Gold to 3100).
Will of the Ancients
- Recipe Change: Seeker’s Armguard + Fiendish Codex + 800 Gold = 2900 Total Gold;
- Total Cost decreased from 3500 Gold to 3000;
- Ability Power decreased from 100 to 70;
- Now grants 10% Cooldown Reduction;
- Cooldown on Statis active increased from 90 seconds to 120.
Hopefully you’ve had the chance to check out our Dragon and Mage changes for mid-season. We’ve got a bunch of other objective changes to Summoner’s Rift going in the patch, and I wanted to share those + context with ya’ll and take your questions and feedback!
Everything is subject to tuning and future iteration, of course.
We’re pushing to make Rift Herald a more unique and meaningful objective for those looking to dominate the top half of the map. This new Rift Herald should be a more contestable objective with a clearer purpose: long-term selfish power for one team member – especially a lone-wolf or split push character.
- Rift Herald now spawns at 6 minutes and never respawns
- Rift Herald’s stats significantly increased (should be much harder to solo)
- Doom’s Eve removed and replaced with a unique Superbuff:
- Lasts 20 minutes and persists through death
- While alone, you gain some damage reduced vs. champions and build Corruption stacks
- At 100 stacks, your next attack discharges all Corruption to deal bonus magic damage (works on almost anything, including minions and towers; damage is reduced for ranged attacks)
- Corruption stack rate and discharge damage scale with champion level
Hopefully this excites top laners, junglers, and some mids. We’re keeping an eye on it to ensure it’s powerful, but also contestable and not too game-ending.
Red and Blue Buffs
Late-game, Red and Blue buff have been somewhat ignorable these days. We’re buffing and compressing their power in the mid-late game to make them more appreciable objectives to leverage or steal, especially in games that are in a standstill and need things to fight over and create power windows.
- Red Buff
- Burn now applies a damage tick immediately on apply or reapply (stronger attack-speed scaling); damage-per-tick reduced to compensate
- Health regen now scales steeply with champ level but turns off when in combat with champions or epic monsters (currently triples at level 6 and again at level 11!)
- Blue Buff
- AP per level replaced with +15% total Ability Power (like Rabadon’s Deathcap effect)
- Mana regen based on max Mana doubled (flat regen unchanged)
- Buff Durations
- Red and Blue will last the same duration on your first clear, but all Red and Blue buffs after that will have a 90-second duration instead of 120
When you’re looking to make a play in mid-late game, buff camps should be juicier targets now, especially if you can steal them from the enemy’s side of the map!
Camp Respawn Timers
In order to facilitate more coordinated and contested objective play at all skill levels, we’re making a some UI changes. This also has the benefit of reducing timekeeping and chat-typing work.
- When a camp that has a timer (Red, Blue, Dragon, Baron, Rift Herald) has less than 60 seconds to spawn, its timer is revealed to both teams (regardless of their vision of the camp), and an “about to spawn” icon appears in the minimap (will replace regular camp icon if you still haven’t seen the cleared camp)
- The respawn icon starts dull at 60 seconds to spawn and becomes bright at 20 seconds
We generally like seeing more fights around objectives, and promoting objective awareness like this can help a lot. After getting used to the new UI, rallying your team around a Dragon spawn or even a buff steal can often be done with a simple ping instead of having to type things out in chat.
Turrets have several changes in store. Overall, we want them to be more defendable places to stand your ground, reduce their takedown reward compared to other objectives, clean up some of their mechanics, and rebudget their defenses so things other than marksmen basic attacks can contribute more to turret takedowns.
- Turret Damage Ramp
- Inner and Outer turrets more quickly ramp up their damage when attacking champions, and they maintain full damage when switching targets.
- Inner and Outer turrets only take 4 shots to ramp up to full damage (instead of 5).
- Turret Takedown Rewards
- Outer turret total gold reward reduced, though local gold reward is increased (local gold 220 -> 300, global gold 125 -> 100)
- Inner turret gold rewards reduced (local gold 250 -> 175, global gold 150 -> 125) and XP reward removed
- Inhibitor turret local gold reward increased (0 -> 50)
- AP Damage Conversion
- When your attacks trigger AP damage conversion (occurs when attacking a turret while your AP is more than double your bonus AD), the converted damage is now magic instead of physical
- Turret Stats
- Base Armor/MR increased (from 0 to 40), Base Health decreased (from 4000 to 3300)
- Turrets are now subject to penetration (generally tankier than Live unless you have about 20 penetration or have a true damage proc; overall a small nerf to marksmen damage, but a buff to some mages and assassins)
- Reinforced Armor converted from 200 Armor/MR to 66.67% damage reduction
Overall, diving and taking turrets should be less of a freebie than what we’ve seen recently.
Let’s hear your thoughts!
[ Link to Post ]
Four new dragons will replace the existing stack system. They appear in a random order until the 35th minute, when the Elder dragon lands (after the last dragon has been killed, he won’t replace it like Baron replaces the Herald).
These smaller dragons provide stacking buffs, capping at 3 stacks:
- This unit gains 15/30/45 bonus flat Movement Speed when out of combat. This bonus is increased to 22.5/45/67.5 if the unit has the Elder Dragon buff.
- This unit deals 10/20/30% bonus true damage to Dragon, Baron and Towers. This bonus is increased to 15/30/45% if the unit has the Elder Dragon buff.
- This unit has 8/16/24% bonus AP and AD. This bonus is increased to 12/24/36% if the unit has the Elder Dragon buff.
- Every 18/12/6 seconds, this unit restores 10% of their missing Health and Mana. This bonus is increased to 15% of missing HP and mana if the unit has the Elder Dragon buff.
Trundle’s received updated splash arts on all his skins:
Lil’ Slugger Trundle
Glacial Olaf has received an updated splash:
U.F.O Corki has also received a new splash:
Lastly, PAX Sivir has also received a new splash:
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me at @NoL_Chefo or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.