Patch 5.2 will hit live on January 27th, assuming there are no delays. Here are its contents:
[ !!! ] Deathfire’s Grasp will be removed in Patch 5.2. Click here to pay respects.
- Arclight Vel’Koz
- Firecracker Jinx
- Warring Kingdoms Katarina
- Warring Kingdoms Nidalee
- Sweetheart Annie
- Firecracker Ward Skin
- New Summoner Icons
New Game Mode
Arclight Vel’Koz will be available for 1350 RP in the store after Patch 5.2 hits live.
Arclight Vel’Koz Skin Preview
For his recall, Arclight Vel’Koz pulls out his eye and light pours out of him.
Plasma Fission [ Q ]
Void Rift [ W ]
Tectonic Disruption [ E ]
Lifeform Disintegration Ray [ R ]
Firecracker Jinx will be available for 1350 RP in the store after Patch 5.2 hits live.
Firecracker Jinx Skin Preview
For her recall, Firecracker Jinx… fires firecracks.
Switcheroo! [ Q ]
Zap! [ W ]
Flame Chompers! [ E ]
Super Mega Death Rocket! [ R ]
Warring Kingdoms Kata will be available in store for 975 RP.
Warring Kingdoms Katarina Skin Preview
For her recall, Warring Kingdoms Kata throws one of her knives high in the air, catches it and spins it around between her fingers.
Bouncing Blades [ Q ]
Sinister Steel [ W ]
Shunpo [ E ]
Death Lotus [ R ]
Warring Kingdoms Nidalee will be available in store for 975 RP.
Warring Kingdoms Nidalee Skin Preview
For her recall, Warring Kingdoms Nidalee spins her spear over her head and then rotates it clockwise along the ground.
In her kitty form, Nidalee chases around a ball of light and leaps after it before recalling.
Javelin Toss [ Human Q ]
Takedown [ Cougar Q ]
Bushwhack [ Human W ]
Pounce [ Cougar W ]
Primal Surge [ Human E ]
Swipe [ Cougar E ]
Sweetheart Annie will be available in store for 750 RP after Patch 5.2 hits live.
Sweetheart Annie Preview
The Firecracker Ward Skin will be available in store for 640 RP.
Firecracker wards have a neat smoke animation when they’re placed.
Two new Lunar Revel Summoner icons will be available in the store:
You can earn this icon during the Ocean Week event.
No news on how to get this one (yet!).
Tristana and all her skins have been visually updated:
For her recall, Tristana does a somersault into the air and lands on her cannon.
Saddest death animation this side of Bandle City.
Rapid Fire [ Q ]
Rocket Jump [ W ]
Explosive Shot [ E ]
Buster Shot [ R ]
Riot Girl Tristana
Earnest Elf Tristana
Firefighter Trist is a legendary skin so all her spells got new effects! Check them out below:
Rocket Girl Tristana
- Base AD increased from 52.5 to 54.5
- Attack Speed-per-level decreased from 2.5% to 1.5%
- Base Health decreased from 634 to 624
- Base Armor decreased from 27 to 25
- Damage decreased from 70/115/160/205/250 (+ 0.8 AP) to 80/105/130/155/180 (+ 0.7 AP)
- Rocket Jump deals 25% bonus damage per stack of explosive shot (new mechanic), caps at +100% damage at 4 stacks
Explosive Shot [ E ]
Cost: 70/75/80/85/90 mana || Cooldown: 16/15/14/13/12 seconds || Range: 550
New Active (replaces old): Places a charge on target enemy or tower that explodes after 4 seconds, dealing 60/70/80/90/100 (+ 0.5 Total AD) (+0.5 AP) physical damage to nearby enemies. Tristana’s basic attacks against the target increase the charge’s damage by 25%, stacking up to 4 times. If Tristana hits her target 4 times, the charge is detonated automatically
Buster Shot [ R ]
- Cooldown decreased from 100/85/70 seconds to 60 seconds at all ranks
- AP Ratio decreased from 1.5 to 1.0
Trist has a brand new voice to complement her visual and gameplay update! Here are all her lines, courtesy of SkinSpotlights:
“Greatness comes in all shapes and sizes, as proven by this diminutive, cannon-wielding yordle. In a world fraught with turmoil, Tristana refuses to back down from any challenge. She represents the pinnacle of martial proficiency, unwavering courage, and boundless optimism. For Trist and her gun, Boomer, every mission is a chance to prove that heroes do exist.”
A brand new featured game mode will be up on the PBE; the basic rules are you get to pick champions for the enemy rather than for yourself.
Our first Featured Game Mode for the year, “Nemesis Draft”, is on its way to the PBE. This time around, you’ll be choosing the champions for the enemy team, then making the champs you’ve been given work in battle on the Summoner’s Rift. Let the ‘creative’ comps begin.
– Nemesis Draft is a 5v5 featured game mode played on Summoner’s Rift.
– Nemesis Draft allows each player to choose 1 champion for the enemy team for a total of 5 per team.
– Each team will still get 3 bans. Do you bans champs do DON’T want to play, or leave them up to give to the other team? It’s up to you.
– Available champions for you to give the other team are allowed from the collective pool of champs on your allied team.
– There is a free trading period after all champs have been locked in, allowing you to organise amongst your team who would be best playing which champs. Even if you don’t own a champion, you’ll still be able to trade and play anyone you’re given.
Play flow artwork is still a placeholder.
Nemesis Draft will be live on the PBE soon™. We’ve paid special attention to the champion select phase this time, to make the picking & trading phases as clear as possible, so feedback on that flow will be welcome. Also “Thanks!” again to you PBE guys that always help us catch things early. Even if we can’t respond to every bug or report individually, we do read EVERYTHING and fix as much as possible.
SO.. we’re excited to see how scheming & creative you guys are. Are we about to uncover some diamonds in the rough? Will it be, “Give them all melee champs!” or “Give them all AD so we can just build armour!”. And then the inevitable, “Ok guys. We’ve got 4 junglers and a support.. but so do they! Let’s do this.” I can’t wait.
See you on the Rift. ^_^
Here’s a short overview. You ban champions for your team; the goal is to eliminate possible “bad picks” the enemy could make for you. Then you choose the enemy’s champion and vice versa.
You can trade champions after selection is done, akin to ARAM.
That’s all, really. The goal here seems to be to get players playing champions they wouldn’t otherwise pick.
[ Context ] Deathfire Grasp, a core item on Ahri, is being removed in Patch 5.2.
- Ahri gains a massive movement speed buff while the Orb is travelling
MS buff seems pretty significant and static across level-ups; at level 1, it raises Ahri’s MS from 330 to 545 and then decays over the duration of the orb’s travel.
- Base damage increased from 40/65/90/115/140 to 50/80/110/140/170
- Damage increased from 60/90/120/150/180 (+ 0.35 AP) to 60/90/120/150/200 (+ 0.5 AP)
- No longer amplifies Ahri’s damage against Charmed targets by 20% for 6 seconds
- No longer procs Mark of the Assassin
Shadow Dance [ R ]
- Range decreased from 800 to 700
Molten Shield [ E ]
- Armor and Magic resistance granted by the shield reduced from 20/30/40/50/60 to 10/20/30/40/50
Summon: Tibbers [ R ]
- If Annie casts Molten Shield while Tibbers is active he will receive the shield and a short decaying speed boost
Conquering Sands [ Q ]
- Range increased from 800 to 875
Noxious Blast [ Q ]
Mana cost increased from 40/45/50/55/60 to 40/50/60/70/80
Mana cost increased from 35/45/55/65/75 to 50/60/70/80/90
- Magic damage decreased from 10/40/70/100/130 ( +0.6 AP) to 10/25/40/55/70 ( +0.3 AP)
Seastone Trident [ W ]
- Base damage on passive decreased from 30/40/50/60/70 ( +0.35 AP) plus 4/5/6/7/8% of target’s Missing Health magic damage over 3 seconds to 20 ( +0.45 AP) magic damage over 3 seconds (to clarify, % damage is removed)
- Damage on active changed from 10/15/20/25/30 ( +0.25 AP) to 10/20/30/40/50 (+ 4/5/6/7/8% of target’s missing HP)
To sum up, the % damage went from the passive to the active, couple of number tweaks as well.
Chum the Waters [ R ]
- Now amplifies Fizz’s damage against the target hit by Chum the Waters by 20% for 6 seconds
Fizz now has a trident symbol to indicate he’ll deal amplified damage.
Prowl [ Passive ]
- Nidalee can now hunt monsters as well as champions
- When Nidalee procs the Hunted mark on a monster, it becomes rooted for a short duration
Queen’s Wrath [ Unburrowed Q ]
- Base damage decreased from 15/30/45/60/75 to 15/25/35/45/55
Un-Burrow [ Burrowed W ]
- Base damage decreased from 60/110/160/210/260 to 40/80/120/160/200
- Enemies can now be hit by Unburrow’s knock-up and damage once every 10/9/8/7/6 seconds, decreased from once every 10 seconds at all ranks
Broken Wings [ Q ]
- No changes, the auto-cancel of Broken Wings’ animation has been removed =)
- Attack Speed-per-level decreased from 3.1% to 2.1%
- Base Attack Speed decreased from 0.658 to 0.644
Hunter’s Machete Upgrades
- Cost increased from 750 Gold to 850 Gold (recipe cost up from 350 Gold to 450)
Includes Poacher’s Knife, Skirmisher’s Sabre, Stalker’s Blade and Ranger’s Trailblazer.
- Recipe cost decreased from 600 Gold to 500
- Recipe cost decreased from 250 Gold to 150
- Recipe cost decreased from 680 Gold to 580
- Recipe cost decreased from 163 Gold to 63
- Cost decreased from 950 Gold to 850 (note; cost of items that build out of Aether Wisp is unchanged)
- AD decreased from 45 to 40
- AP increased from 65 to 80
- Lifesteal decreased from 12% to 10%
- Now builds out of a Ruby Crystal (400 Gold)
- Added recipe cost of 600 Gold, total cost unchanged
- Now grants the first and every fourth Voidspawn 100% of the user’s Armor and MR as bonus magic damage, changed from every third;
- Voidspawns now have 50 base health, up from 40, 115 Armor, up from 60, and 20 Magic Resist, down from 40
- Base damage decreased from 230 to 120
- Attack range increased from 350 to 500
The shield provided by the second outer turrets has been visually updated.
The Bloodthirster also has a similar shield now.
The Summoner platforms on both side now have similar relics to those found on the base gates. Of course, after 15 seconds they disappear.
Dr Mundo, Irelia, Jarvan IV, Swain, Vayne, Nunu and Yorick have received texture updates.
Classic Dr. Mundo
Classic Jarvan IV
Commando Jarvan IV
Dragonslayer Jarvan IV
Darkforge Jarvan IV
Northern Front Swain
If you have a Facebook account and friends there who play League, this new feature will give you an easy way to find each other in-game.
MattEnth: Hey everyone,
In an upcoming patch, we’re introducing a new series of features that’ll help you find and add your IRL friends in League. We’re designing a hub for these features that’ll grow over time. The first of these helps you add fellow League players from your Facebook friends list. Many of you are on Facebook, and already use it to find friends in gaming networks. To us, it makes sense to start there.
When the new hub goes up, you’ll have the option of finding friends in League through Facebook. To clarify, you must choose to activate and use this feature. If you do, you’ll start seeing friend suggestions near the bottom of your League friends list. From there, you can add your friend or dismiss the recommendation.
You’ll only see suggested friends under all of these conditions:
- Both you and the suggested friend have activated and approved the Facebook connection
- You aren’t yet friends in League
- You are friends on Facebook
- Neither you nor the suggested friend have ignored the recommendation
When you add a suggested Facebook friend to your LoL friends list, you’ll still see them by their summoner name. In this implementation, their Facebook name will be prepopulated in their friends list note so you remember who’s who. You can still change the note afterward if you like.
We recognize that this isn’t a feature for every player. A key design tenet for the feature is that nothing changes for players who choose not to use it. We want this feature to be easy to ignore, while still valuable for those who want to beef up their friends list. We also want to make it easy to opt out of the feature at any time and for any reason.
Another key design tenet is privacy. We’ve taken extra steps to ensure that your Facebook info will never be shared with players if you haven’t explicitly activated the feature. If you do authorize and activate the feature, only your Facebook friends will ever see you as a suggested friend. Your Facebook info won’t be shared with strangers, won’t interact with your Facebook feed and will never post to your Facebook Timeline for you.
This feature is going to be on the PBE for a while so that we can gather feedback and iterate. We’re not quite finished yet, but we wanted to make sure to get the word out early. I’ll be around in the thread with Limely, a designer on the feature, to answer any questions!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me at @NoL_Chefo or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.