Patch 5.6 brings skins for Nami, Nasus, Soraka, Amumu and maybe Udyr, as well as oodles of balance changes and texture updates:
Don’t know when Patch 5.6 will hit live? Here’s the schedule for all regions:
Welcome to patch 5.6.
What’s that? That’s the sound of the second 2015 buff barge, departing from… buff island? Look, we don’t know where the buff barge actually stays in its off season. All we do know is that Sometimes this thing docks somewhere, takes on a bunch of friends, and then sails off for the high seas.
Anyway. What this actually means is that we’ve got a lot of changes aimed at champions who have received less attention in the past few months (or dozen months). Mind you, we’re not going to be making a habit of this (power creep is a deep rabbit hole, but the summary is that constantly buffing weak champions means we’re just throwing out a lot of power without a functional direction) and we’re not in the business of just buffing for the sake of buffing, but felt we could at least give these girls (and guys and Bards) something directionally correct.
Speaking of power creep, there are a few champs we know overstayed their welcome on the buff barge, and we’re taking steps to bring them back in line. Nothing should really come as a surprise (hello Sejuani) and we’ll go into more detail on each individual context.
Speaking of using the same transition to advance the conversation, we’re currently happy with the new addition of jungler diversity in a post-patch 5.5 world. While very strong tank junglers are obviously top of mind, we’re excited to see a shift in a positive direction. Remember that we’re committed to constantly evolving the League experience, so expect us to continue iterating whenever possible.
Go read the notes.
[ Link to Post ]
Archduke Nasus, Order of the Banana Soraka, Urf the Nami-tee, Surprise Party Amumu and Definitely Not Udyr are coming this April Fools! Here’s their shared splash art or group selfie:
Here are the loading screen arts for each skin:
Archduke Nasus will be available for 750 RP.
Archduke Nasus has a red coat when he ults!
Definitely Not Udyr can definitely be yours for 975 RP.
Tiger Stance [ Q ]
Turtle Stance [ W ]
Bear Stance [ E ]
Phoenix Stance [ R ]
Udyr Bolt returns to headquarters.
Order of the Banana Soraka will be available for 750 RP.
Her basic attack is a banana! Rift Scuttler for scale.
You can invite Amumu to your party for 1350 RP. Just don’t scoop the cake off his head, it’s all he’s got.
When Amumu recalls, he tries to fly off on a Teemo balloon. When he recalls, the balloon pops and Amumu falls on the ground. =(
Bandage Toss [ Q ]
Despair [ W ]
When Amumu has his Despair toggled on, the rain puts out the candle on his cake.
Tantrum [ E ]
Curse of the Sad Mummy [ R ]
If you hit an enemy champion with your ultimate, you’ll get a smiley face. Otherwise you get a sad face.
You can buy the golden spatula for 750 RP and you get a free Nami with it.
Here is Urf in Roman emperor attire:
Here is Urf in Roman attire and a golden spatula, two quintessential examples of summoner icon excellence:
Massacre [ R ]
- Additionally increases Aatrox’s Blood Well pool by 20% for every champion hit
Summon Tibbers [ R ]
- AoE damage of Tibbers changed from 35 at all ranks to 20/30/40
Cosmic Binding [ Q ]
- Base damage increased from 75/110/145/180/215 to 80/120/160/200/240
Magical Journey [ E ]
- Cooldown decreased from 26/24/22/20/18 seconds to 20/19/18/17/16
- Base Movement speed while in Human form decreased from 335 to 330
- Base Movement speed in Spider form increased from 345 to 355
Cocoon [ E ]
- Missile speed increased from 1450 to 1600
Shadow Walk [ Passive ]
- Time to re-stealth decreased from 6 seconds to 6/5/4/3 seconds (values change at levels 6, 11 and 16)
Dark Frenzy [ W ]
- Now has its cooldown reduced by 1 second every time Evelynn hits an enemy champion with a spell
- Evelynn’s spells no longer grant her flat movement speed when they hit enemy champions (old passive removed)
Righteous Gust [ E ]
- Cooldown changed from 12 seconds at all ranks to 13/12/11/10/9
Equilibrium Strike [ E ]
- Base damage decreased from 80/130/180/230/280 to 80/120/160/200/240
- Base Health decreased from 560 to 510
- Health-per-level increased from 80 to 83
- Base health-per-second decreased from 1.575 to 0.9
Mimic – Sigil of Malice [ Q + R ]
- AP Ratio decreased from 0.65 to 0.6
Mimic – Distortion [ W + R ]
- AP Ratio decreased from 0.975 to 0.9
Mimicked Ethereal Chains [ E + R ]
- AP ratio decreased from 0.65 to o.6
Paranoia [ R ]
- Cooldown decreased from 180/140/100 seconds to 150/125/100
Fling [ E ]
- Base Damage decreased from 80/125/170/215 to 50/65/80/95/110
- Now additionally deals 6/6.5/7/7.5/8% of target’s maximum health (capped at 300 bonus damage against minions/monsters)
Powerball [ Q ]
- Mana cost decreased from 70/80/90/100/110 to 60/65/70/75/80
Overload [ Q ]
- Base damage increased from 40/60/80/100/120 to 55/75/95/115/135
Flail of the Northern Winds [ W ]
- Bonus magic damage on the first hit decreased from 4/6/8/10/12% to 4/5.5/7/8.5/10%
Glacial Prison [ R ]
- Slow strength decreased from 90% at all ranks to 30%
Roar of the Slayer [ E ]
- Bonus damage to enemies hit by a knocked back minion decreased from 50% to 30% (damage decreased from 105/157.5/ 210/262.5/315 (+ 0.6 AP) to 91/136.5/182/227.5/273 (+ 0.52 AP)
Equilibrium [ Passive ]
- Mana regeneration increased from 1% of missing mana-per-second to 1.5%
Baleful Strike [ Q ]
- Range increased from 850 to 950
Event Horizon [ E ]
- Now once again properly stops dashes from going through the walls of Event Horizon
- Health-per-level increased from 71 to 77
Time Bomb [ Q ]
- AP ratio increased from 0.8 to 0.9
- Mana cost decreased from 60/70/80/90/100 to 60/65/70/75/80
Rewind [ W ]
- Mana cost decreased from 50 mana at all ranks to 35
- Cooldown decreased from 18/15/12/9/6 seconds to 14/12/10/8/6
Time Warp [ E ]
- Mana cost decreased from 50/55/60/65/70 to 50 at all ranks
Bouncing Bomb [ Q ]
- Mana cost decreased from 50/60/70/80/90 to 50/55/60/65/70
Chalice of Harmony
- Recipe cost decreased from 140 Gold to 40 (total cost decreased from 1000 to 900)
Athene’s Unholy Grail
- Mana regeneration increased from 50% of Champion’s base regen to 100%
- Now restores 30% of maximum mana on kill or assist, increased from 15%
Rammus has some spiky new icons! From left to right: Passive, Q, W, E and R:
All of Twisted Fate’s icons have been updated. From left to right: Passive, Q, W, Blue Card, Red Card, Yellow Card, E, R and R re-cast.
Summoner’s Rift has received shiny new ornaments and details. You can find comparisons below: left side is the OLD version, right side is the NEW version.
Kayle, Lee Sin, Pantheon, Rumble and Ryze have all received a texture touch-up.
[ Note ] Silver Kayle, Unmasked Kayle and Judgement Kayle have also been updated, but I don’t have access to them.
Classic Lee Sin
Traditional Lee Sin
Dragon Fist Lee Sin
Muay Thai Lee Sin
Full Metal Pantheon
Rumble in the Jungle
Dark Crystal Ryze
[ Note ] Human Ryze and Triumphant Ryze have also been updated, but I don’t have access to them.
New music for Champion Select will replace the old tunes of the League:
A new feature is coming that’ll reward your experience and playtime with your favourite champions. You can read more on the feature HERE.
[ Note ] Champion Mastery will roll out for a single region initially. It’s been temporarily disabled on the PBE so it may not ship with patch 5.6.
HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS
Finish a game of League and you’ll earn points for your champion based on your team’s performance as well as your own contribution. Earn enough points and you’ll level up that champ’s mastery level, giving you rewards as you progress.
Hover over your Champion Mastery points bar in the post-game screen and you’ll see the grade that our new system gives you. Grades are awarded based on your overall performance in the role along with the champion you’re playing and, crucially, where you’re playing them.
Check out your in-client profile, and you’ll see a new stat telling you your mastery score, a sum of all your mastery ranks combined.
We’re kicking off Champion Mastery with the first five ranks for each champion unlocked. Here are the crests your champion will earn as they rank up:
Loading Screen Badge
Loading Screen Badge
Here’s an initial preview. The profile page now displays your mastery of your most-played champions.
You can check you progress on any champion by visiting the ‘Champions’ tab.
We’re going to be testing some fixes and updates to our Loyalty service (PC café rewards system) on the PBE, so for the next week, you will all once again be receiving Loyalty rewards!
For those who are unfamiliar with Loyalty, it is our way of giving players extra perks for playing League of Legends in PC cafes in certain regions. In many Asian and European countries (Korea, for example), players tend to play League of Legends primarily in these PC cafés instead of on personal computers, where they pay by the hour to play the game of their choice in a social environment. Within this environment, most game titles (regardless of retail market price) are offered to players at a reduced cost (or at no cost) to offset the café’s usage fee and keep the playerbase healthy. Riot’s approach is to allow players to temporarily select any champion when playing League of Legends from PC cafés, as well as earn a small amount of additional IP. This feature does not reward any players when they log in outside of PC cafés, even if they are using the same account.
As a reminder: When this feature is active, you will see a small medal icon in the top-right corner of the League of Legends client, earn an additional 20% IP at the end of matches (visible as a segment of the IP bar on the postgame screen), and all champions will appear unlocked (similar to the weekly free Champion selection). The only champion we are not awarding at this time is Bard, since we still need to make sure he’s able to be purchased! Like the Free to Play rotation, Loyalty does not actually apply champion ownership to an account, so you will still need to purchase champions before you can buy skins for them.
Please reply to this thread if you play this week and do not receive Loyalty rewards, so that we can investigate!
[ Link to Post ]
Here’s a preview of what the Loyalty Rewards look like:
Fixed a bug where the Scuttler’s vision radius was much larger than the speed shrine it was intended to cover.
This is a pretty significant range reduction on vision, but when gameplay doesn’t match up with actual visuals, something’s gotta give. There’s an argument to be made that the shrine buff should be increased to 1350 to match the bugged vision, but then you’d be crazy.
[ VISION RADIUS ] 1350 ⇒ 525
[ THE GATES ARE OPEN ] You can now summon pets, structures, and minions in your team’s base gates (i.e. Void Portal’s, Heimerdinger Turrets, Shaco’s Jack-in-the-box)
Jungle gives more base experience at higher levels.
In terms of early level progression, we intend for junglers to be somewhere between solo lanes and duo lanes – with successful junglers edging more toward solo lane level progression. Right now, however, jungle experience falls off a little too hard, which means junglers have a tougher time keeping up. These seem like small bumps, but we know these kind of changes can have dramatic impacts, so we’re proceeding carefully.
[ LEVELS 1-4 ] Unchanged
[ LEVELS 5-7 ] 3% more experience
[ LEVELS 8-10 ] 6% more experience
[ LEVELS 11-18 ] 10% more experience
We’ve got a few more updates for Summoner’s Rift in the wake of the beta’s conclusion! In one case the update is actually an un-update – we’ve noticed the new animated victory/defeat screens have been causing performance issues for some of you, so we’re taking them back offline while we fix the problem.
[ NEW DRAMATIC EFFECT ] New champion select music has been added for Summoner’s Rift queues!
[ MORE TEXTURE WORK ] Adjusted terrain detail in a number of locations
[ CONSISTENT MESSAGING ] “Beta” has been removed from the Summoner’s Rift map name in various queue/lobby locations
[ REMOVED CALL IT A TEASER ] The animated victory/defeat screens have been deactivated while we resolve a performance issue
As we’ve mentioned before, our goal for Player Tooltips is to make them a convenient, accessible point of reference for basic player information. Adding them to Suggested Players just makes sense.
[ WHAT DO YOU EVEN PLAY ] Lobby members will now see Player Tooltips when hovering over Suggested Players
- Resolved a crash issue with the Windows 10 technical preview
- Veigar Bot has learned how to use his new Q – Baleful Strike
- As mentioned last patch, outer and inner turret damage vs. minions now properly begins scaling at 9 minutes
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me at @NoL_Chefo or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.