PBE Balance Update, Udyr Nerf, Freljord Website and Champion/Skin Sale!
More PBE Balance changes introduced! Rioters discuss Lux and Diana’s shields changes, Udyr stealth nerf, preview of the legendary Blackfrost Anivia, a Freljord mini-website and the next Champion/Skin Sale announced!
I’ve organized the content in the following categories:
Â Â Â Diana
- Damage readjustedÂ from 20/35/50/65/80Â to 22/34/46/58/70
- Shield lowered from 55/80/105/130/155 + 0.45 APÂ to 40/55/70/85/100 + 0.3 AP
- The second shield now stacks with the first, instead of replacing it
ReadÂ CertainlyT‘s comment on the matter below.
Â Â Â Elise
- No longer grants bonus armor or magic resist.
Â Â Â Galio
- Damage lowered from 80/135/190/245/300 + 0.6 APÂ to 80/125/170/215/260 + 0.5 AP
- Mana cost loweredÂ from 60/65/70/75/80 to 60 flat
- Cooldown loweredÂ from 7 flat to 7/6.5/6/5.5/5 seconds
- Movement speed reduction now only lasts for 2 seconds down from 2.5
Â Â Â Â Lux
- Shield lowered from 80/105/130/155/180 + 0.35 APÂ to 50/65/80/95/110 + 0.25 AP
- The second shield nowÂ stacksÂ with the first, instead of replacing it
Read CertainlyT‘s comment on the matter below.
- Damage lowered from 6/8/10/12/14Â to 4/6/8/12
- Number of stacks increased from 4 to 5
- Tooltip updated to state maximum damage from stacks as 20/30/40/50/60 + 0.25 AP
Â Â Â Nami
- Stun durationÂ increased from 1.3 to 1.5 seconds
Â Â Â Nunu
- Now gains bonuses for 120/150/180/210/240 seconds based on the type of creep he has consumed.
- Golem – 10% maximum health and 10% increased model size
- Lizard – Your attack deal an additional 1% of your maximum health as magic damage.
- Wolf / Wraith – 15% bonus movement speed on kill for 3 seconds.
- Damage increased from 500/600/700/800/900Â to 600/700/800/900/1000
- Heal decreased from 125/180/235/290/345 + 1.0 AP toÂ 90/130/170/210/250 + 0.75 AP
- Cooldown increased from 16/14/12/10/8Â to 17/15/13/11/9
Â Â Rumble
- Damage lowered from 55/85/115/145/175 + 0.5 APÂ to 45/70/95/120/145 + 0.4 AP
- Bonus damage from Danger zone increased from 25% to 50%
Â Â Shyvana
- Damage lowered from 80/125/170/215/260 to 80/110/140/170/200
- Tooltip now applies a DoT called Cinders for 5 seconds.
- 15% Armor Penetration buff removed
- This effect is applied to all enemies if cast during Dragon Form
- Now brings enemy champions along the path with her
- No longer grants Cooldown Reduction
- Attack speed bonus increased from 3/6/9/12/15 toÂ 10/15/20/25/30
- Teleport channel lowered from 2 secondsÂ to 1.5 seconds
- Cooldown increased from 150/135/120Â to 180/150/120
Â Â Â Varus
- Minimum damage increased from 10/43/77/110/143Â to 10/47/83/120/157
- Maximum damage increasedÂ from 15/65/115/165/215Â to 15/70/125/180/235
- Damage lowered from 65/105/145/185/225Â to 65/100/135/170/205
Â Â Â Â Zac
- Damage lowered from 80/130/180/230/280Â to 80/125/170/215/260
- Tenacity lowered from 75%Â to 50%
- Damage per bounce decreasedÂ from 160/240/320Â to 100/150/200
- Tooltip no longer states that enemies hit more than once half damage.
On the changes to Lux and Diana
Â CertainlyT:Â These data mined “patch notes” often completely miss the boat, since they are just grabbing numbers without context into associated mechanics changes. We should probably develop a better system for communicating PBE changes to players as we put them on that environment. We just need a way of doing so without making speculative efforts seem like certainties.
The change to Diana/Lux that is on PBE for testing is that their shields have lower values, but if the second trigger is met (3 orbs broken and boomerang double hitting respectively), the shields willÂ stackÂ instead ofÂ renew. Volty feels this opens up new opportunities for premeditated gameplay (like stacking a monster Lux shield on your team as you engage), while making aggressive counterplay more rewarding since hitting a Lux shield with the projectile still airborne can feel like an exercise in futility.
Â Â Â Udyr
Tiger Stance ( Q )
- The damage on-hit can only be procced within the first 5 seconds of activation
- Damage on-hit is lost when swapping stances
Why does Udyr’s proc on-hit disappear when I switch stances?
Â Pabro:Â This is intended. The temporary attack speed from Tiger Stance lasts 5 seconds, swap stance or not, but the first attack bonus can only be applied if you are still in Tiger Stance. Upcoming changes to the tooltips and buffs will make this more clear.
Is this change game-breaking? To an extent yes, you lose a 1.5 AD Scaling Spell if your target slips away and you have to switch back to Bear Stance. It basically ruins Udyr’s already limited combo.
But wait, there’s more!Â Statikk is here to present a far more detailed explanation on the matter:
Â Statikk:Â Sorry guys, I’d like to start by apologizing because we definitely screwed up here both in terms of what we put into the game and what we failed to communicate out to you guys, but let me clarify what is and what is not intended with Udyr’s Tiger Stance.
What Is Intended:
– Udyr can “prime” Tiger Stance’s damage-over-time proc indefinitely as long as he remains in Tiger Stance
– Tiger Stance’s Attack Speed bonus carries over into other Stances
What Is Not Intended:
– Udyr should not be able to use Tiger Stance’s damage-over-time proc while in other Stances
With the new patch, we removed his ability to get the Tiger first hit proc unless he used it within the first 5 seconds of being in Tiger Stance. This is not intended. Udyr’s first hit after switching into Tiger Stance should proc the DoT regardless of how long he has been in Tiger Stance, but the instant he switches out of it he will not be able to proc it.
I know removing the ability to proc the Tiger DoT while in other stances is a nerf, but it is intended. Frankly, it doesn’t make sense for him to apply his Tiger hit in other Stances from several perspectives (gameplay, visuals, or thematics). Tiger’s proc, Bear’s stun, and Phoenix’s Flame Breath are all intended to be local to those stances. At the end of the day, if the only reason to use Tiger is to switch into it and then immediately switch out of it…that seems to point to a core problem that Tiger Stance is simply not attractive enough on its own. So we’ll deal with that if that’s an issue.
We will be giving Udyr back the ability to prime his DoT indefinitely as long as he remains in Tiger Stance. Removing the ability to proc the Tiger DoT while in a different Stance is an intended change.
A spectacular mini-website has been released to honor Freljord’s champions!
Scroll sideways to see all the artwork and click on the blue crystals to reveal hidden lore pieces!
Remember these three?
Here’s how to get them!
Choose your tribe
Â Pabro:Â Welcome to the frozen North – a windswept and war-torn region home to some of the most resilient people in all of Runeterra. Here, three great tribes vie for control of their icy homeland. The Avarosan, led by Ashe, strive to unite the Freljord under a banner of peace. The Winter’s Claw, boldest and most warlike of the three, follow Sejuani on her campaign of conquest. And the Frostguard, secluded and mysterious, bide their time haunting ancient ruins alongside Lissandra, the Ice Witch. As they prepare for war, something ancient and sinister stirs deep beneath the earth, threatening to corrupt the land itself.
Choose your tribe
You can join the battle for the Freljord by declaring your allegiance to Ashe, Sejuani or Lissandra. At the start of the event, you’ll be able to choose from the following three summoner icons:
Choose the tribe you want to support by selecting their banner as your summoner icon. Win 10 games without changing your icon, and you’ll unlock it permanently. Win a game with a different tribal icon and you’ll have to start over, so choose wisely!
Choose your tribe FAQ
Â Pabro:Â During the Freljord event youâ€™ll have the opportunity to permanently unlock a summoner icon featuring the emblem of your favorite tribe. At the start of the event, all three tribes will have icons available. Winning games wearing the icon associated with your favorite will earn you points toward unlocking it permanently.
How do I unlock a tribeâ€™s icon?
After accruing ten wins with a tribal icon, you’ll permanently unlock an upgraded version. This upgraded icon is a badge of honor reserved only for loyal members of the tribe.
Which game types count toward my wins?
All matchmade games against human opponents count toward unlocking the banner of your chosen tribe. This includes all normal and ranked games on Summonerâ€™s Rift, the Crystal Scar, the Twisted Treeline and the Howling Abyss.
Custom game or co-op vs. AI wins wonâ€™t help you join a tribe.
How long do I have to unlock my chosen icon?
The Freljord event will run until 5/14. Victories within this time period will count towards joining a tribe.
Temporary icons wonâ€™t be available once the eventâ€™s over, so be sure to join a tribe before time runs out.
What happens if I change my icon while accruing my 10 wins?
Playing a game with the icon of a new tribe will reset any progress you made toward unlocking any of the others. Non-Freljord icons have no effect on your progress toward joining a tribe.
How long after I complete my 10th win will I receive my icon?
It can take up to 48 hours for you to receive the icon of your chosen tribe. Youâ€™ll know youâ€™ve successfully completed the process when you find an upgraded version of the tribeâ€™s icon available in-client.
Can I unlock more than one icon?
No. You can only join one Freljord tribe, so choose your allegiance wisely.
You can switch tribes over the course of the event by winning 10 games with a new icon. At that point youâ€™ll gain your new tribeâ€™s icon, but lose your previous tribeâ€™s icon.
Iâ€™m still confused. Can you give some examples?
Sure. Here are a few examples for the sake of clarity.
- Morello wins seven games for the Winterâ€™s Claw, then changes his mind and wins one game for the Avarosan.
- Result â€“ Morello currently holds one win toward unlocking the Avarosan icon. He needs nine more wins to join the tribe. If he switches back to the Winterâ€™s Claw banner, he needs 10 wins to join them.
- Phreak wins 10 games for the Frostguard, successful joining the tribe. He then wins nine games under the Avarosan banner.
- Result â€“ Phreak is still a member of the Frostguard, but he has nine wins toward unlocking the Avarosan icon. If he wins another game for the Avarosan, heâ€™ll join that tribe and replace his Frostguard icon.
- ByronicHero racks up 100 wins in a row, but changes his icon to a different tribe every time.
- Result â€“ ByronicHero doesnâ€™t unlock any icons, because no tribe wants to be associated with a dirty, noncommittal flip-flopper like him. Donâ€™t be like ByronicHero â€“ join a tribe so you donâ€™t get left out in the cold!
What do these icons represent?
Â RiotVox:Â Crown + arrow = The Avarosan (Ashe’s tribe), axes = The Winter’s Claw (Sejuani’s Tribe), and the dark sinister looking eye = The Frostguard (Lissandra’s Tribe). We’re working on getting this reflected in the post better, stand by!
Do I have to play that champ or just use the icon?
Â RiotVox:Â Just use the iconÂ . Once you pick it in the client, just play 10 normal or ranked games with that icon selected to unlock the icon. Co-op VS. AI games do not count toward your 10 played games.
Does dominion count?
Join the Dark Side with Anivia. Her Blackfrost remake is available for 1820 RP at the store (Legendary skin)
For the next three days, you can pick up the following champions and skins at half price:
- Fiddlesticks – 292 RP
- Morgana – 292 RP
- Xerath – 487 RP
Infernal Alistar – 487 RP
Galactic Renekton – 260 RP
Shadow Prince Malzahar – 260 RP
Go forth and win ‘dem Summoner Icons!