PBE Update – Darius Got Dunked!
- Noxian Guillotine ( R ) can be recast for 12 seconds after killing an opponent instead of resetting;
- Noxian Guillotine ( R ) cooldown increased from 100/90/80 to 120/100/80;
But whyyyy: This change is obviously intended to reduce Darius’s dominance in the lane. His ultimate is above all a massive zoning tool because it’s almost always available and will win almost any battle. Feed Darius enough and he can kill both you and the jungler! Being able to recast Noxian Guillotine shortly after the killing blow means he can again finish off multiple opponents during a teamfight, but you won’t have it up constantly in lane.
- Alpha Strike ( Q ) no longer scales with AD;
- Base Damage increased from 48 to 57;
- Gemcraft ( Passive ) bonus magic damage decreased from 4% to 2% of max mana;
- Shatter ( W ) aura increased from 10% to 15% of Taric’s armor;
Taric received a major overhaul last update. With nerfs to his incredibly strong armor aura he is now forced into a more active role in the laning phase, healing, stunning and managing his mana. With that being said however, why was his passive replaced? It was perfect for this shift of power and the new one feels tacked on and irrelevant to his kit. With his base damage going up we might see more hammer action on the bot lane.
- Unique Active cooldown increased from 60 seconds to 90 seconds;
Bilgewater Cutlass was recently turned into a great initiation item! Almost too great… A higher cooldown means less frequent full – on engages from champions like Akali.
- Total Cost is again 2850;
- Now grants 15% Life Steal;
- Unique Passive no longer heals for 30% of AD on hit.
This item was recently changed to better suit a tank-shredding role, with its Life Steal being unaffected by high resistances. Riot are reverting this shift of focus, thus Blade of the Ruined King will once again require ample armor penetration for its full effects in the late game.
What do you think of the new changes? Share in the comments below!