This patch will include:
- Zac, Riot’s latest champion
- The long- anticipated Karma rework
- Numerous changes to Udyr
- The Champion Select AFK System
as well as several balance tweaks, item changes and numerous bug fixes!
New Champion: Zac, The Secret Weapon
(Passive) Cell Division
Each time Zac hits an enemy with an ability, he sheds a chunk of himself that can be reabsorbed to restore 4% of his maximum health.
Upon taking fatal damage, Zac splits into 4 bloblets that attempt to recombine.
If any bloblets remains after 6 seconds, he will revive with 10-50% health depending on the health of the surviving bloblets. Each bloblet has 10% of Zac’s maximum health, and 50% of his Armor and Magic Resistance. This ability has a 5 minute cooldown.
Smacks enemies, dealing 70/110/150/190/230 (+0.5) Magic Damage and slowing them for 20%/25/30/35/40 for 2 seconds.
Cost: 6% of current health
Zac’s body erupts, dealing 40/60/80/100/120 Magic Damage + 4/4.5/5/5.5/6 (+.02 AP)% of the enemy’s maximum Health as Magic Damage to all nearby enemies (Max: 200 damage against minions and monsters).
Cost: 4% of current health
Cooldown: 4/4/4/4/4 seconds
( E ) Elastic Slingshot
Zac charges up over 1 second in the direction the ability was cast. Activating the ability again will launch him towards his target, dealing 80/130/180/230/280 (+0.7 AP) Magic Damage to all enemies hit and knocking them back for 0.5 seconds. Can be cancelled while moving.
Cost: 12% of current health
Cooldown: 24/21/18/15/12 seconds
Zac bounces 4 times, knocking up and slowing enemies.
Each bounce deals 160/240/320 (+0.25 AP) Magic Damage to nearby enemies, knocks them up for 1 second, and slows them by 20% for 1 second. Enemies hit more than once take half damage and are not knocked up or slowed. Zac gains an accelerating movement speed buff (20-50%) while active. Zac can right-click to move while in the air.
Cost: No cost
Cooldown: 130/115/100 seconds
Karma has been relaunched with updates to her model, her kit and her story. If you would like more information, you can read more here.
Mantra Bonus – Soulflare (R+Q): Deals additional magic damage and leaves a circle of flame at the impact area (or upon reaching maximum range), heavily slowing all enemies inside the circle. After a brief delay the circle erupts, dealing heavy magic damage to all enemies in the area.
Mantra Bonus – Defiance (R+E): The shield overflows with energy, dealing magic damage to all enemies around the shielded unit. Allied champions near the shielded unit gain half of that amount as a shield and are hasted.
- Cooldown increased to 22/21/20/19/18 seconds from 18/17/16/15/14
The previous version of Spirit of Dread did not offer enough opportunities for tactical decision-making. With higher cooldowns, our goal is to reintroduce strategic choices other than merely activating the ability whenever it is available.
- No longer deals initial impact damage but the area burn damage now starts immediately instead of after a 0.5 second delay
- Burn damage per second increased to 130/185/240 (+0.3 Ability Power) from 100/140/180 (+0.2 Ability Power) (total damage unchanged)
Rumble’s ultimate was intended to be an area control effect but, with the large upfront damage it deals, it tends to be used more as a long-range nuke instead. With this patch we’re adjusting The Equalizer to better match its original intent.
- Mana cost of all stances decreased to 47/44/41/38/35 from 55/50/45/40/35
- Now grants 5 Movement Speed per stack instead of 4% bonus Armor and Magic Resistance
- No longer returns mana when dealing damage
- Shield increased to 60/100/140/180/220 from 60/95/130/165/200
- Udyr can now critically strike in Turtle Stance
- Udyr now ignores unit collision while the movement speed bonus is active
- Udyr now performs a slight dash toward his target on stunning attacks while the movement speed is active
- Bear stance attacks can no longer be self-interrupted mid-attack
- Movement speed increased to 15/20/25/30/35% from 15/18/21/24/27%
- Movement speed duration reduced to 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3 seconds from 2/2.5/3/3.5/4
- First attack after activating Phoenix Stance now immediately procs the fire cone in addition to every 3rd attack
- No longer grants bonus Ability Power and Attack Damage when activated
- Ability Power ratio on the fire cone increased to 0.45 from 0.15
- Updated the fire cone’s spell effect to be more visible
In this patch, we’ve made some substantial changes to Udyr. Our goals were to make changing stances feel more impactful, transfer power from passive stats to actual noticeable effects and reduce problematic lane issues. For example, Turtle Stance currently allows Udyr to become an immovable object in lane once he gets ahead, and we want to address that.
Quality of Life Changes & Bug Fixes
- Akali is now immediately stealthed/revealed upon entering/leaving the Shroud zone
- Akali is now immediately stealthed when casting Twilight Shroud directly on herself
- Akali is now revealed from stealth upon casting a spell or beginning an attack rather than upon dealing damage
- Delay on re-stealthing increased by 0.15 seconds
Akali’s Twilight Shroud was behaving inconsistently before this patch, so we’ve adjusted it to better match its visual and theme, and to provide greater opportunity for counterplay.
- Fixed a bug where Crystallize could stop uninterruptible movement abilities such as Malphite’s Unstoppable Force
- Now displays the Critical Strike chance bonus on the buff bar
- Now leads Draven more accurately when he is benefiting from Movement Speed increases
- Axe drop location will no longer be placed partially inside walls / terrain
- Double Strike swing time now scales with Master Yi’s Attack Speed instead of being fixed at 0.6 seconds
- Fixed a bug where the second strike of Double Strike could critically hit turrets
- Fixed a bug where Riven could cast Wind Slash a second time after using Zhonya’s Hourglass
- Fixed a bug where the visual effect would disappear before the actual end of the projectile
- Fixed a bug where Pillar of Filth could stop uninterruptible movement abilities such as Malphite’s Unstoppable Force
- Now displays range indicator on mouseover
- Now displays range indicator on minimap on mouseover
- Fixed a bug where Living Shadow would sometimes cast in a random direction
- Combine cost increased to 430 gold from 200 (total cost increased to 2500 gold from 2270)
- UNIQUE Passive damage reduced to 6-40 over 3 seconds from 14-50
- Fixed a bug where the Lifeline shield was lasting for 3 seconds instead of 5
Champion Select AFK Detection
- When any player in a match-made game fails to select a champion before their timer expires, the game is terminated.
- A player who fails to select a champion is given a queue dodge penalty. The dodge penalty functions exactly the same as if the player closed their PVP.net client.
- Solo players who succeed in selecting a champion are returned to the front of the matchmaking queue.
- Arranged teams whose members all succeed in selecting a champion are returned to the front of the matchmaking queue.
- Arranged teams with one or more members who fail to select a champion are returned to the arranged team lobby.
- Draft mode is handled on a pick-by-pick basis. If a player fails to pick a champion during their turn, the game is terminated immediately. Players later in the draft order, who did not have an opportunity to pick a champion, are given the benefit of the doubt and not assigned a dodge penalty.
- This feature currently only applies to match made games. Custom games still assign a random champion if one is not selected.
In Season 3, we made a few changes that made turrets feel less like a safe haven for defenders – especially in the early parts of the game. Specifically, with turrets attacking minions in a set order and some champions itemizing for health earlier on, it’s become easier for teams to push aggressively and even dive turrets with low risk. These changes should give defending players more of a fighting chance when under their own turret.
- Turrets now deal 105% damage to champions for the first attack, increased from 94.5%
- Turrets now deal 25% additional damage for consecutive attacks on the same champion (max 225%), increased from 20% (max 210%)
- Siege Minions
- Siege Minions now take 70% damage from Turrets, increased from 50% damage
- Siege Minions now deal 150% damage to Turrets, reduced from 200% damage
- Super Minions
- Super Minions now take 70% damage from Turrets, increased from 50% damage
We are fixing a bug with Teleport where its visual effect would disappear if cast on an expiring temporary unit. Teleport should always be visible to opponents who have vision of the area, much like how casting it on a non-revealed ward still displays a visual effect.
- Fixed a bug where Teleport’s “incoming” visual effect on the target unit would disappear if cast on an expiring temporary unit, such as Jarvan’s Standard or Thresh’s Lantern
- Fixed a bug where new players could not be invited to Matchmaking lobbies after teammates miss a ready check
- Smart casting with charge-up abilities should be more responsive now
The highlight of this patch is definitely the Zac release, followed by Karma’s rework and the changes to Udyr. If you’d like to read more on these updates, please follow the links below.
Zac preview article
Karma’s Rework article
PBE: Udyr changes article
Have any gripes or praises for the new patch? Share below!
Good luck on the Fields of Justice!