Patch 5.17 will hit live in the early hours of September 2nd, assuming there are no delays. Here’s all its contents:
- PROJECT First Strike & Minions
- PROJECT: Fiora
- PROJECT: Leona
- PROJECT: Lucian
- PROJECT: Master Yi
- PROJECT: Zed
- Optical Enhancer Ward
- New Summoner Icons
The upcoming PROJECT skins recall as a team. Here’s Leona & Lucian and Zed & Fiora recalling together:
Also, if two or more players are using PROJECT skins on the same team, all friendly minions get a PROJECT-themed overhaul:
Be among the first to unlock new PROJECT skins from 9/8 – 9/15 23:59 PDT and show that you were part of the First Strike with permanent exclusive loading screen cards.
First Strike // 9/8 – 9/15 23:59 PDT
1350 RP: PROJECT: Fiora // PROJECT: Zed // PROJECT: Lucian // PROJECT: Leona
1820 RP: PROJECT: Yi
Week Two // 9/17 00:01 PDT – 9/24 23:59 PDT
975 RP: PROJECT: Fiora // PROJECT: Zed // PROJECT: Lucian // PROJECT: Leona
1820 RP: PROJECT: Yi
Once First Strike ends (9/15 23:59 PDT), new PROJECT skins will be deactivated in the League of Legends store until 9/17 to ensure that First Strike unlocks are redeemed properly. On 9/17 00:01 PDT, PROJECT: Fiora, PROJECT: Zed, PROJECT: Lucian, and PROJECT: Leona will be available for 975 RP until 9/24 23:59 PDT (and 1350 RP again after that).
Unlock custom spawn effects and PROJECT minions when you and your team equip PROJECT skins or wards for that game — only during 5.17 and 5.18!
Here’s how it works:
- Optic Enhancer ward skin = 1 Sync Point
- Each PROJECT skin = 2 Sync Points
If you start a game with 2 Sync Points, your team unlocks custom PROJECT spawn effects.
With 4 Sync Points, your team unlocks melee PROJECT minions as well as caster PROJECT minions.
With 6 Sync Points, you’ll unlock cannon PROJECT minions and super PROJECT minions.
Here’s the PROJECT login animation for Patch 5.17 by FrostyNinja:
And here’s the static image for the client login:
And here’s the music from the animation:
PROJECT: Fiora will be available for 1350 RP from September 8th to 15th. If you purchase her during that period, you’ll also receive the exclusive load screen border previewed below. From September 17th to 24th, she’ll be on sale for 975 RP. After that, she’ll return to her regular price of 1350 RP.
PROJECT: Leona will be available for 1350 RP from September 8th to 15th. If you purchase her during that period, you’ll also receive the exclusive load screen border previewed below. From September 17th to 24th, she’ll be on sale for 975 RP. After that, she’ll return to her regular price of 1350 RP.
PROJECT: Lucian will be available for 1350 RP from September 8th to 15th. If you purchase him during that period, you’ll also receive the exclusive load screen border previewed below. From September 17th to 24th, he’ll be on sale for 975 RP. After that, he’ll return to his regular price of 1350 RP.
PROJECT: Master Yi is a legendary skin and will always be priced at 1820 RP. If you purchase the skin from September 8th to 15th, you’ll also receive the exclusive load screen border previewed below.
PROJECT: Zed will be available for 1350 RP from September 8th to 15th. If you purchase him during that period, you’ll also receive the exclusive load screen border previewed below. From September 17th to 24th, he’ll be on sale for 975 RP. After that, he’ll return to his regular price of 1350 RP.
This ward skin will be available in store for 640 RP after Patch 5.17 hits live.
These six PROJECT icons will accompany the skin releases at a price of 250 RP each.
- Base Movement Speed decreased from 335 to 325
Conquering Sands [ Q ]
- Enemies hit by multiple Sand Soldiers will have the duration of the spell’s slow refreshed, but won’t take any additional damage (additional soldiers deal 25% of their damage on live)
- Mana cost decreased from 100/105/110/115/120 to 90 at all ranks
Magical Journey [ E ]
- Cooldown decreased from 20/19/18/17/16 seconds to 18/17/16/15/14
Hemorrhage [ Passive ]
- The passive bonus damage on 5 bleed stacks has been renamed from “Blood Rage” to “Noxian Might”
Crippling Strike [ W ]
- Additionally, if Crippling Strike kills its target, the mana cost and 50% of the spell’s cooldown is refunded
League of Draven [ Passive ]
- If Draven kills 6 minions in a row without dropping an axe, he gains 2 extra Adoration stacks.
Urchin Strike [ Q ]
- AP ratio increased from 0.3 to 0.35
Seastone Trident [ W ]
- Active magic damage on-hit changed from 10/20/30/40/50 [+0.25 AP] to 10/15/20/25/30 [+0.3 AP]
Chum The Waters [ R ]
- Debuff now only amplifies Fizz’s magic damage by 20%, not all his damage
Powder Keg [ E ]
- Keg explosion now ignores 50% of enemy armor, decreased from 60%
- Base Movement Speed decreased from 345 to 340
Decisive Strike [ Q ]
- Movement Speed buff strength decreased from 35% to 30%
Demacian Justice [ R ]
- Tooltip’s been updated to state that Garen’s ult deals 28/33/40% of the target’s missing Health as magic damage, changed from 1 damage per every 3.5/3/2.5 points of Health missing
Drunken Rage [ W ]
- Now deals 8% of target’s maximum HP as bonus magic damage at all ranks, decreased from 8/9/10/11/12%
Howling Gale [ Q ]
- The tornade now travels 35% further for every second it’s charged, increased from 20%
Monsoon [ R ]
- AP ratio decreased from 0.6 to 0.5
Counterstrike [ E ]
- Mana cost decreased from 70/75/80/85/90 to 50/60/70/80/90
Sentinel [ W ]
- Bonus magic damage now deal 10/12.5/15/17.5/20% of the target’s Max HP as magic damage, decreased from 12/14/16/18/20%
- Passive damage can now proc on the same target once every 10 seconds at all ranks, increased from 6
Fate’s Call [ R ]
- Cooldown increased from 90/75/60 seconds to 120/90/60
Focused Resolve [ W ]
- Cooldown decreased from 16/15/14/13/12 seconds to 12 at all ranks
Light Binding [ Q ]
- Mana cost decreased from 50/60/70/80/90 to 50/55/60/65/70
- Now deals full damage to the second snared target, up from 50%
Vengeful Maelstrom [ R ]
- Cooldown increased from 40/30/20 seconds to 60/50/40
- Tooltip now states that if the first target dies, the bouncing hit will crit the second target for 150% damage
Paranoia [ R ]
- Cast range increased from 2000/2750/3500 to 2500/3250/4000
- Base Attack Speed increased from 0.625 0.644
- Consecutive auto-attack animations are now slightly faster
Fury of the Xer’Sai [ Passive ]
- Upon unburrowing, Rek’Sai’s next basic attack or spell no longer generates 15 bonus Fury
Vorpal Blade [ Q ]
- Base heal on-hit decreased from 6/10/14/18/22 to 3/6/9/12/15
The Spectator UI has been updated visually to match the style of the in-game HUD:
(Apologies to the players I e-bullied with these screenshots)
The interface menu now includes an option to display spell costs inside spell icons:
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me at @NoL_Chefo or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.