[ Reminder ] The PBE is a testing ground for changes. What you see here may not reflect what you see in Patch Notes. Remember that developers want your feedback so if you disagree with a change, you can always submit your thoughts on the PBE Community Forums.
Academy Ahri can joinÂ your local otaku convention for 750 RP.
Arcade Riven will be available in store for 1350 RP.
Academy Darius will be available for 750 RP.
Academy Ekko will cost 750 RP.
Academy Vlad will be available for recruitment for 750 RP.
Battle Boss Blitz will be sold for 1350 RP after Patch 5.16 hits live.
- Attack Range increased from 125 to 175
- Attack Damage-per-level increased from 3.5 to 5
- Health per level increased from 93 to 100
- Armor per level increased from 3.5 to 4
- Base Attack Speed reduced from 0.679 to 0.625
- Attack Speed-per-level decreasedÂ from 4%Â to 1%
Hemorrhage [ Passive ]
- [New] Bloodrage:Â Darius now enters Bloodrage for 5 seconds whenever an enemy champion reaches max Hemorrhage or dies to Noxian Guillotine. During Bloodrage, Darius gains 40-200 bonus Attack Damage and applies max Hemorrhage to enemies hit.
- Bleed now deals physical damage instead of magic
- Base bleed damage per stack decreased from 12-36 to 10-27
- Darius no longer gains bonus Movement Speed if enemy champions are bleeding
DecimateÂ [ Q ]
- Now has a 0.75 second delay before swinging
- Darius heals for 10% of his missing Health for each enemy champion hit by the blade, capped at 30%
- Damage on the outer circle has been changed from 105/157.5/210/262.5/315 [+1.05 Bonus AD] toÂ 20/40/60/80/100 [+1/1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4 Total AD]
- Damage in the inner circle has been decreased from 66% of the outer circle’s damage to 50%, or 10/20/30/40/50 [+0.5/0.55/0.6/0.65/0.7 Total AD]
- Enemies hit by the handle (inner circle) no longer receive a stack of Hemorrhage
- Damage changed fromÂ 120/140/160/180/200% of Total AD toÂ 140% of Total AD at all ranks
- Slow strengthÂ increased from 20/25/30/35/40% to 40/50/60/70/80%
- Slow duration decreased from 2 secondsÂ to 1
- Crippling Strike no longer lowers the Attack Speed of enemies
- Cooldown changed from 8 seconds at all ranks to 9/8/7/6/5
- No longer reduces the base cooldown of the spell per Hemorrhage stack
- Mana cost decreasedÂ from 30/35/40/45/50Â to 30
- Fixed a bug where enemies would be pulled in if they escaped the area during the cast time
- Cast time decreased from 0.35 seconds to 0.25
- Now briefly slows targets after being pulled in
- Base minimumÂ damage decreased from 160/250/340 to 100/200/300
- No longer refunds Mana on re-casts; instead, all re-casts cost no Mana
- At rank 3, Noxian Guillotine has no Mana cost
- Upon executing an enemy champion, all nearby minions and monsters become terrified for a few seconds
- Recommended items updated
- Health-per-level decreased from 96 to 84.25
- AD-per-level increased from 3.5 to 4.5
- Armor-per-level increased from 2.7 to 3
- Auto Attack range increased from 125 to 175
- At level 16, the Heal regen has been decreased from 2% to 1.6%
- Silence duration decreased fromÂ 1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5 seconds to 1.5 at all ranks
- No longer grants 20% bonus Armor and Magic Resist
- New passive:Â Killing units permanently grants 0.2 Armor and Magic Resist (1 for champions, large monsters, and epic monsters), up to a maximum of 10/15/20/25/30
- Active no longerÂ decreases the duration of incoming CC by 30%
- Damage per tick changed fromÂ 10/22.5/35/47.5/60 [+0.35/0.4/0.45/0.5/0.55 Total AD] toÂ 12/16/20/24/28 [+0.47/0.49/0.51/0.53/0.55 Total AD]
- Base damage ticks per cast decreased from 6 to 5
- Cooldown decreased fromÂ 13/12/11/10/9 seconds to 9 at all ranks
- New passive: Judgement’sÂ spin speed permanently increases at levels 1/4/7/10/13/16, resulting in a total of 5/6/7/8/9/10 maximum ticks of damage per cast
- If Garen cancels Judgement prematurely, he’s refunded cooldown equal to the remaining duration of the spin
- Garen no longer moves 20% slower while moving through minions
- Garen now moves 20% slower while moving toward champions heâ€™s hitting with Judgment
- Judgment no longer benefits from Critical Strike Chance or Critical Strike Damage
- NewÂ Passive: The enemy champion with the most recent kills is marked asÂ Villain. Judgment ticks and basic attacks on the Villain deal an additional 1% of its max Health as true damage
- Demacian Justice now deals true damage to the Villain instead of magic damage
- Recommended Items updated
- Base Movement Speed decreased from 340 to 330
- Base Health decreased from 555 to 525
- Health-per-level increased from 73 to 80
- AD-per-level increased from 3.5 to 5
- Attack Speed-per-level increased from 2.6% to 3%
- Health-per-5 increased from 3.3 [+0.3 per level] to 4Â [+0.55 per level]
- Attack animationÂ improved, but no longer scales as well with Attack Speed
- Auto attack range increased from 125 to 200
- Armor-per-level increased from 2.7 to 3
- Shield decay-per-second changed from 3% of the shield’s max value to 2% of base Health
- The shield will now stop decaying when it reaches 25%
- Maximum shield value is now equal to 25% of Morde’s maximum Health (no longer scales with level)
- Shield generation decreased from 35% of damage dealt to 25%
- Now buffs Mordekaisers next 3 attacks. The first one dealsÂ 3/6/9/12/15 [+0.25Â Total AD] [+0.2 AP] Â bonus magic damage. Each nextÂ strike dealsÂ 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3 times the damage of the previous one. Maximum damage of the third strike is 27/54/81/108/135 [+2.25 Total AD] [+1.8 AP]
- Health cost decreased fromÂ 20/25/30/35/40 toÂ 20/23/26/29/32
- Cooldown increased fromÂ 8/7/6/5/4 seconds toÂ 10/8.5/7/6.5/5
- New Passive: Mordekaiser receives full experience from any lane minion he kills, regardless of lane partners;
- New Active -Â Harvesters of Sorrow:Â Mordekaiser and target ally champion gain 75 Movement Speed while moving toward one another;
- When close to one another, both deal 140/180/220/260/280 [+0.6 AP] magic damage to nearby enemies over 4 seconds. Mordekaiser can reactive the ability to instantly steal half the spell’s DoT, orÂ 50/70/90/110/130Â [+0.3 AP]. This value is reduced to 33% against minions, with a maximum of three targets;
- Cooldown decreased fromÂ 20/18/16/14/12 seconds toÂ 12/11/10/9/8;
- Health cost removed.
- Base damageÂ decreasedÂ from 70/115/160/205/250Â toÂ 35/65/95/125/155
- Now additionally scales with 0.6 of Total AD
- Cooldown decreased from 6 seconds at all ranks toÂ 6/5.75/5.5/5.25/5
- If the spell hits an enemy Champion, Morde instantly fillsÂ 15% of his maximum shield
- Damage increased fromÂ 12/14.5/17 [+ 0.02 AP] % to 20/25/30 [+ 0.04 AP] % of target’s maximum health (again, half the damage is dealt, instant, half over a 10-second period)
- New Passive – Dragon Force: Dealing damage to the Dragon curses it for 10 seconds. If Mordekaiserâ€™s team kills a cursed target, Mordekaiser gets a ghost of that target that has 30% the
- Ghost duration increased from 45 seconds at all ranks toÂ 45/60/75
- Additionally,Â Mordekaiser gains 30% of his ghost’s AP and 25% of its bonus Health
- The ghost is grantedÂ 10/25/50 bonus AD and bonus Health equal to 15% of Mordekaiser’s maximum Health
- Recommended Items updated
- Base Movement speed decreased from 345 to 330
- Base Health-per-level decreased from 96 to 84.25
- AD-per-level increased from 4.2 to 4.5
- Skarnerâ€™s presence causes crystals to spawn in set locations around the map. Crystals can be captured by either team by standing on top of them. Capturing prevents them from being captured by the opposing team for 10 seconds.
- While near active crystals, Skarner gains 150 Movement Speed, 35%Â [+5% per level]Â Attack Speed and restores 3% of his maximum Mana per second.
Crystal capture specifics:
- Crystals remain captured permanently for the capturing team until recaptured by the opposing team
- Capturing a crystal grants 15g to players that helped capture it
- Crystals are locked out of being recaptured for 10 seconds after being captured
- While on the 10 second lockout, crystals provide vision in a medium area around them (and provide no other vision the rest of the time)
- If a member of the team owning the crystal is standing on the crystal, it cannot be captured
Note that the shrines look differently for two of Skarner’s skins:
- Uncharged damage changedÂ fromÂ 20/30/40/50/60Â [+0.4 Bonus AD] toÂ 0.32/0.34/0.36/0.38/0.40Â Total AD
- Charged damage changed fromÂ 20/30/40/50/60Â [+0.2 AP] toÂ 0.32/0.34/0.36/0.38/0.40Â Total AD
- Cooldown decreased from 3.5 seconds at all ranks toÂ 3.5/3.25/3/2.75/2.5
- Duration of charge buff decreased from 5 seconds to 4
- Against non-champions, basic attacks now decrease Skarner’s cooldowns by 0.25 seconds, decreased from 0.5
- Mana cost decreased fromÂ 16/17/18/19/20 toÂ 10/11/12/13/14
- Crystal Slash no longer stacks bonus Movement Speed and Attack Speed
- Shield value changed fromÂ 80/135/190/245/300 [+0.8 AP] toÂ 12/13/14/15/16%Â of Max HPÂ [+0.8 AP]
- Missile speed now decreases for each champion hit
- Enemies hit by Fracture are afflicted with Crystal Venom for 5 seconds, causing Skarnerâ€™s next basic attack against them to deal 25/50/75/100/125 additional physical damage and stun them for 1 second.
- Slow duration decreased from 2.5 seconds to 2
- Base magic damage decreased fromÂ 100/150/200 toÂ 20/60/100
- Now deals additional physical damage both at the start of the channel and at the end, equal to 100% of Skarner’s Total AD
- Mana cost decreased fromÂ 100/125/150 to 100 at all ranks
- Cooldown decreased fromÂ 110/100/90 seconds toÂ 120/100/80
- No longer deals bonus damage to targets with Crystal Venom
- First jump’s damage additionally scales with 0.2 AP; each subsequentÂ Riftwalk scales with 0.1 AP
- Lee Sin now gains 20 energy back on the first basic attack and 10 on the second, changed from 15 energy on both attacks
- IfÂ theÂ target of the kick hits an enemy Champion, itÂ dealsÂ additional physical damage equal toÂ 15/18/21% of its bonus Health (damage stacks with more targets hit)
- When self-cast, Frozen Tomb heals Lissandra for 100/150/200 [+0.3 AP]; this value is increased by 1% for each 1% of Health missing
- Bonus Movement Speed increased from 40/45/50/55/60 to 60/65/70/75/80
- Duration of MS buff decreased from 2 seconds to 1
- Lucian can now gain the MS buff if any ally hits a target marked by Ardent Blaze
- Mana cost decreased from 60 at all ranks to 50
- While the Siphoning Strike buff is active, Nasus’s basic attack range is increased from 125 to 150
- Delay on recasting Death Mark has been decreased from 1 second to 0.5
In support of the Juggernaut champion changes, we’re releasing a pair of new items – Sterak’s Gage and Titanic Hydra. This thread is a good place for feedback.
Recipe: Giant’s Belt [1000 Gold] + Long Sword [360 Gold] + 1190 Gold combine cost = 2550 Gold total
Grants 500 Health and AD equal to 25% of the user’s Base AD
UNIQUE Passive: Upon taking at least 400 to 1800 damage (based on level) within 5 seconds, gain Primal Rage for 8 seconds.
Primal Rage: Grow in size and strength, gaining increased size, +25% additional Base Attack Damage, and a rapidly decaying shield for 30% of your maximum Health.
Some quick context: It turns out there’s a ton of ambient AOE damage on the front lines of a teamfight – a lot of ults hit for 500+ and they all tend to come down at once. Sterak’s Gage should help Juggernauts avoid dying by accident in an average teamfight while leaving them able to be killed by focus fire or truly dedicated wombo.
Recipe: Tiamat [1900 Gold] + Ruby Crystal [400 Gold] + 1000 Gold combine cost = 3300 Gold total
GrantsÂ 250 Health, 50 AD and 100% Base Health Regen
UNIQUE Passive: Basic attacks deal 20 plus 1% of your maximum health as bonus physical damage on hit.
UNIQUE Passive – Cleave: Basic attacks deal 40 plus 2.5% of your maximum health as physical damage in a cone on hit (the target does not take this damage).
UNIQUE Active – Crescent: Your next basic attack deals physical damage equal to 20 plus 10% of your maximum health in a larger cone on hit (20 second cooldown, Cleave doesn’t apply to this attack).
Quick context: The Black Cleaver covers spell-based tanky melee champs pretty well, and Trinity Force covers its set of champions amazingly. Titanic Hydra should cover more basic attack-focused Juggernauts with their own option while providing a decent stretch goal for other Juggernauts having a great game to shoot for.
Quick note – VFX, audio, and icons are still work in progress.
This thread is a great place to leave feedback if you get a chance to test these items.
Defensive items right now are in a generally okay place – It’s not great but it’s functional.
There are some very high powered items (especially in Armor) but there are also some weaker items (especially in Magic Resistance) that are viable so on the whole – defensive builds as a whole generally reach the amount of power / cost that’s probably okay.
However, we’ll be introducing several new defensive items in the 5.16 patch and the existence of these high powered items create a world where any new item has to be almost equally high powered to compete.
This necessitates a rebalancing of power across the board such that it can be acceptable of new items being introduced.
I suspect that this changelist isn’t going to be particularly exciting – especially compared to AP – but these changes were made to provide an easier environment to balance introducingÂ new defensive items that we’ll be introducing in the same patch.
This does have some side effects on low income characters (Support / Support Tanks / Pure Tanks) – and so we’ll likely be looking at base statistic adjustments on the ones that are most affected if we feel like they’re in a terrible spot.
TL;DR – Armor items are generally more expensive or grant less armor. Health items readjusted. Magic Resistance is generally cheaper and easier to build. Will be looking at specific support or low-income champions that might be hurt from an Armor perspective.
- Cost decreased from 500 to 450
- Cost decreased from 850 Gold toÂ 800
Note: Rescaled the cost of MR to be roughly 90% of Armor.
Due to the change in price of Null-Magic Mantle, Wit’s End has had its cost decreased:
- Total cost decreased from 2600 to 2550
- Total cost decreased fromÂ 1900 Gold to 1600
- Recipe Change: Null Magic MantleÂ [500 Gold]Â + Crystalline BracerÂ [600 Gold]
- Now grants 100% Base HP regen
- Aura no longer grants HP regen and the bonus MR to allies has been decreased from 20 to 15
- Aura Regen: No longer grants HP Regen as an Aura.
Notes: Recipe change was a fairly requested change – however, given the power/size of the item – the recipe change alone would probably favor bruiser / solo tanks than actual support characters.
With this general rebalance – shrinking the item’s power and effect also lets us streamline the item path as it’ll be less suited for solo bruiser/tanks and more appropriate to support tanks / pure support who have less inventory slots.
- Total cost decreased from 2800Â Gold toÂ 2750
- Shield strength increased from 50-230 to 75-345
- Shield duration decreased from 5 seconds to 2
Note: Similar to the AP item work – taking the time to sharpen the identity and power of several of these items. While a 5 second low power shield is fairly decent at general defense – it’s not quite enough shield to save someone and somewhat poor at fighting back against a high powered burst spell.
Compressing the power and duration of the shield is aimed at pushing the power away from general ambient damage absorption to a more reactive ‘block’ approach.
- Total cost decreased from 3000Â Gold toÂ 2750
- Magic ResistanceÂ increased fromÂ 35 to 40
- Total cost decreased fromÂ 2750 Gold toÂ 2700
- Magic ResistanceÂ increased from 55 toÂ 60
- Bonus Base Health regeneration increased from 100% to 150%
- Total cost decreased fromÂ 2750 Gold toÂ 2700
- Recipe Change: Ruby Crystal [400 Gold] swapped for Crystalline Bracer [600 Gold]
- Magic ResistanceÂ increased from 55 toÂ 60
Notes: Nothing to see here. Just general cost / power tuning – as well as some light recipe adjustments. Crystalline Bracer now forks at Veil and Aegis if you’re building MR -or- between RG and Warmog’s if you’re looking for Health.
- Total cost increased fromÂ 1000 Gold toÂ 1100
- Bonus Base Health regeneration increased from 100% to 150%
- Point Runner: Movement speed maximum reduced to 20% (from 30%). However, Movement Speed now decays over 2 seconds instead of instantly dropping off when you leave the proximity of a tower.
Notes: In general, Raptor’s Cloak was pretty good at one or two specific scenarios (dancing) – however, the usability tuning of it frequently meant it was pretty inconsistent in a lot of other things. While this isn’t the core problem with the item – doing some light tuning passes here to improve some of the usability around this item.
- TotalÂ cost decreased from 2800 Gold toÂ 2750
- Point Runner: See Raptor Cloak.
- Void Spawn Health Decay: Is now a % of their current health rather than maximum, minimum of one. This effectively doubles their health (and roaming range!) but greatly reduces their effective health at all points.
- Void Spawn Gold Counter: Now shows you how much gold you earned from Voidlings.
- Empowered Void Spawn: Empowered Voidlings now scale off 15% of your maximum HealthÂ rather than your resistances.
Notes: Some cleanup and adjustments on ZZ’Rot Portal – mostly for usability. While the range is ‘doubled’ – the health of the voidlings is lower at any given point – so poor placements of ZZ’Rot will still get you voidlings when you properly support them but at generally far lower health pools.
- Point Runner: See ZZ’Rot Portal
- Total Cost decreased from 950 Gold to 900
- Total CostÂ increased fromÂ 1050 Gold toÂ 1100
- Price increased from 2450 Gold to 2600
- Armor decreased from 100 to 90
Notes: So Frozen Heart is one of several main defensive item outliers in terms of just raw power and efficiency – so we’re going to tone that down by quite a bit as, compared to other items – the effective power to cost ratio was incredibly high.
Due to the price reduction of Glacial Shroud, Zeke’s Harbinger and Icebourn Gauntlet are now also cheaper:
- Total cost decreased from 2900 to 2850
- Total cost decreased from 2300 to 2250
- Price increased from 2100 Gold toÂ 2300
- UNIQUE Passive now reflects 15% of damage + 25% of the userâ€™s bonus Armor, changed from 30% of damage
Note: Thornmail was another major outlier in terms of power effectiveness – but – it is only strong in the presence of high health pools. Because Thornmail is such an effective standalone Armor item and additional Armor doesn’t really make Thornmail much stronger – Thornmail is strongest when you can stack Health (as is the case for most pure resistance items.)
While this case will always be naturally powerful – putting a hook onto Thornmail such that purchasing additional Armor items unlocks a different sort of power as well as having some more soft synergies with other champions (Leona, Rammus, etc.)
If you’re under the effects of a negative % decrease in Armor – Thornmail will ignore it for the purpose of calculating bonus damage. However, flat decreases and shreds that cancel our your innate % increases (For example, Malphite vs. Garen) – will impact the damage of Thornmail.
- Total Cost decreased fromÂ 2850 Gold toÂ 2700
- Health decreased from 500 toÂ 400
- ArmorÂ decreased fromÂ 70Â toÂ 60
- Cold Steel Passive: Unchanged
- Crit Damage Reduction: Now reduces critical strike damage taken by 10%.
- Slow Active: Duration no longer scales off Armor and Magic Resistance, instead it will always slow for a flat four seconds.
Notes: Randuin’s Omen is probably one of the more ubiquitous items in the game in terms of general purpose strength. Since we’re adding several items that try to do slightly different things – sharpening Randuin’s Omen to be a more dedicated ‘Oh god, crits are murdering me’ item seemed appropriate. However, this is overall intended to be a moderate nerf to the item.
- Now grants 200% Base Health Regen [zero on live]
- Passive Changed: Grants Warmog’s Heart if you have above 3000 life. Warmog’s Heart restores 3% of your maximum life per second when you haven’t taken damage in 8 seconds.
Notes: Sharpening items. MORE SHARP. MORE FOCUS.
I think we’ve been generally happy with Warmog’s Armor as an anti-siege option for the mid-late game – so we’re kind of tripling down on the concept at this point. In the late game – recalling and regenerating has roughly similar effects in a winning case – and therefore we’ve decided to push Warmog’s into a space where it is powerful enough to replace the act of Recalling for healing in the late game for character’s that choose to invest heavily into a health route.
- Total CostÂ decreased fromÂ 2500 Gold toÂ 2400
- Catalyst Passive: Loses Catalyst Passive on Upgrade.
Notes: Catalyst has two clear upgrades – a rush item (Rod of ze Ages) or Righteous Glory (Team Fight).
One of the reasons we’ve tuned down RG over time is that whenever its strong enough to be rushed as first item, we tend to dislike how early skirmishes get decided. Trying some minor experimental stuff to discourage RG as first-pick up by giving it a clear tradeoff from its counterpart – while also making it slightly easier to build later in the game.
- Base Health increased from 300 to 400
- Health multiplier decreased from 25% to 15%
Notes: This is a minor buff to Cinderhulk’s average case and a nerf to Cinderhulk’s best case late game. While Cinderhulk isn’t exactly a dominant pickup at the moment – it sits in this odd spot of having most of its power devoted to a late game which already has its fair share of powerful effects (Devourer). This change shifts it to be slightly more mid-game focused than its counterparts and should let us better control how much Health a character will have due to the reduced multipliers.
TL;DR – Armor is nerfed and more expensive. MR is generally cheaper and easier to build. Health adjusted. Total cost should be similar – but most likely more expensive. Will be looking at some classes for base statistics adjustments to compensate for potential loss in defensive armor.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me atÂ @NoL_ChefoÂ or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.