- Shiphtur – Dignitas:Â 60.27 points
- Piglet – Liquid:Â 58.89 points
- Freeze – Renegades:Â 48.31 points
- WildTurtle – Immortals:Â 48.29 points
- Fenix – Liquid:Â 47.84 points
- Trick – G2: 47.09 points
- Kiwikid – Dignitas: 45.69 points
- Altec – NRG:Â 45.65 points
- FORG1VENGRE – H2K:Â 45.45 points
- Stixxay – CLG:Â 44.17 points
- Immortals look amazing. I’m happy to give especially Reignover and Turtle higher priority. I get the feeling Fnatic’s early game shotcalling last season was heavily directed by Reignover, although I can’t prove it, but that usually means a lot of fights. Turtle’s back to his aggresiveÂ self too so he’ll be awesome.
- We have yet to see DignitasÂ fight upper tier teams (NRG had subs, so it didnâ€™t count), but their point gain versus middle pack teams is amazing. Pay attention to their matchups, and Shiphtur may very well get you 50+ points in a week.
- NRGâ€™s question marks to me at the moment are KonKwon and Moon. Their other players look great though. They did very well this week, but it would be great to see how much Moon influences the tide of their games.
- CLG is looking alright. Heavy rotations still in play, but lots of diving and teamfighting as well. I still have questions about Huhi, but I think Stixxay deserves a spot on the map.
- Liquid‘s members are looking to be very good fantasy point generators, even though they’re 0-2. I don’t know if I should include Matt on the list yet, however, and the whole sub squad thing does not help their case. Be careful about running them, because if they’re subbed out midweek you’re in trouble.
- TSM and Origen I think had off weeks… I’d have to see their week 2 play to decisively lower any of their positions, since apparently neither team had muchÂ practice coming into this week. Also Doublelift randomly got high points, so he’s working that + status well.
- Renegades seem to have a pretty rotation heavy style (ode to MonteCristo I suppose). Their teamfighting seems alright though, so I’m happy to give small boosts to some of their members.
- Consider fielding players who get to play against TiP. TiP is looking very weak, and that’s exploitable.
- UoL looks pretty good. Diamond and Viziscasci have decent synergy, and their new bot lane have been performing acceptably. Theyâ€™ll put up a good fight regardless of their opponent, so I expect good things to come from them. However, Iâ€™m still not convinced about the nature of their aggression. Their points seem to be above average, so Iâ€™m keeping an eye on them.
- Iâ€™m still unsure about Echo Fox, Fnatic, G2, and Roccat. Fnatic moreso because they had one decent game against an out-of-form Origen, and because they had one terrible game against Vitality.
- H2K is looking fantastic as well, but they seemed to play more rotationally as opposed to aggressively. I feel like theyâ€™ll get consistently high points, but absurd maximums will be rare.
- Vitalityâ€™s performance looks to beÂ about whether or not Shook wakes up right that day. I’ve lowered Kasing and Hjarnan temporarily for now, but there’s a good chance I might bump them back up again.
- Elements, Giants, and Splyce did not impress me at all last week.
Based on these impressions, I have slightly adjusted the Drafting Priority for Week 2. Notice the tonne of new additions. Below the list, I’ve done a small run down for notable Week 2 matches that might be worth setting up your roster for.
Average points per game ~= 20 per player. The games I note are ones I expect to be higher than average or lower than average in certain ways. If I donâ€™t note something, itâ€™s because I either donâ€™t think itâ€™s worth mentioning, or I think itâ€™ll give average points.
Team Impulse vs. Cloud9
- Probably a convincing C9 win. Rush, Sneaky, and Jensen expected to do exceedingly well here.
TSM vs. Immortals
- Slanted in favour of Immortals, probably 65-35 odds from TSMâ€™s poor showing this week.
- TSM looks to be good at putting up fights, so they (Doublelift and Bjergsen especially) should be able to net decent scores.
- IMT has a very aggressive styleÂ that has been successful so far. Unless TSM has found a way to completely shut them out, they should score quite well too.
Liquid vs. Counter Logic Gaming
- Probably a bloodbath.
- Liquid has a good record vs CLG in season games.
- Pay attention to which players Liquid fields.
- If Piglet, Dardoch, and Fenix are in, I think theyâ€™re bound to get lots of points.
- Also, if Liquid beats CLG like they have in the past, expect it to be a stomp (low CLG points).
NRG vs. Immortals
- I expect a lot of kills to go both ways in this matchup.
- Impact vs Huni, Pob vs GBM, Turtle vs Altec are all going to be crazy.
- The question mark here will be Moon, and his performance will determine which way the points slant.
- If he does well, NRG and Immortals should go even on points, but if he does poorly, Reignoverâ€™s going to take over.
Counter Logic Gaming vs. Cloud9
- If C9 run hai, expect a lot of rotations, and an average to above average game for points.
- This shouldn’t be a stalled out game. I expect a lot of proactive diving and skirmishing.
- Whichever team wins this game will likely have a tonne of points from objectives.
Giants vs. G2 Esports
- If both teams have the same showing at last week, I expect Trick, Emperor, and Perkz to have nutty points from this game.
Origen vs. Unicorns of Love
- This game will probably have quite a bit of action going on, so I think points should be higher than average.
- There might be a bit of a mid and bot lane mismatch in favour of Origen, but if Diamondprox plays well he can probably balance it out.
- The key question is if Origen was able to get meaningful practice this week, as opposed to the last one.
- If they are in practice, they’ll score amazingly
- Running Origen & their members will be a high risk high reward decision for this week
Fnatic vs. H2K
- H2K seems to play a very rotational style game.
- Even though they convincingly won both their games in week 1, they didnâ€™t have absurd amounts of points.
- Fnatic also looks really shaky.
- I expect H2K to have average-above average points for this game.
- However, if they sweep the game, Fnatic will do extremely poorly on points.
Fnatic vs. Unicorns of Love
- Last season, I would run all my Fnatic and UoL members regardless of their other matchups whenever I saw this was going to happen.
- It just got the most insane points for no reason whatsoever.
- Fnatic and UoL now have really different lineups, and I find that theirÂ playstyles are have yet to be solidified.
- If you feel like a gamble, this game might explode and possibly win you the week.
Graphics by Ling Gu: @SixSonatas
Writing by Kevin â€˜SoullessFireâ€™ Lee:Â Tweet any questions you may have to @SoullessFyr
Special thanks to Chefo