Patch 5.15 will hit live in a few hours. Here are the official notes:
- Tweaks to New HUD
- Ward Selection for Champion Select
- Instant Feedback System
- Champion Mastery Emote</li>
Don’t know when the patch will hit live for your region? Here’s the schedule:
Welcome to Patch 5.15, the small one where we sit back and let the game catch its breath for a sec. What with all the updates recently to jungle items, game balance and burning tides (thanks, Miss Fortune), we figured it best to enjoy a lighter patch where we focus on some pro-play outliers and watch the ever-evolving metagame take shape. So kick your feet up, this one’s on the house.
Diving a level deeper, we do have some sizable changes for Teemo to give him more control of his destiny in fights rather than setting up minefields and hoping folks’d walk into it. If you’re someone that wishes we’d delete him instead, we suggest you try out Fiora, whoâ€™s got a set of updated Demacian duds and slick new moves to help you take out the furry little monster in style. Random aside: did you know Teemo’s last buff was 3 years ago? We thought you’d like some trivia dressing with your foreword-salad. We’ve never really thought of the foreword as food before, but salads are healthy (and so is context).
That’s about everything for 5.15. Check out our HUD update post to read up on the juicy feedback-driven changes being made (or head to the patch notes below), as well as our new ward-skin selection tech, and we’ll see you next time!
- Health decreased from 593 [+85 per level] to 570 [+80 per level]
- Base mana pool increased from 287 to 302
- Attack Damage-per-level decreased from 3.2 toÂ 3
- Auto Attack range increased from 125 to 150
- Movement Speed decreased from 350 to 345
- Health-per-second increased from 1.37 [+0.16 per level] to 1.65 [+0.11 per level]
- Mana-per-second increased from 1.52 [+0.1 per level] toÂ 1.6Â [+0.14 per level]
Fiora identifies the weak spots – or vitals – in the defenses of all enemy champions she comes close to. If she manages to attack her enemyâ€™s weak spot, Fiora deals 3 [+0.27-0.45 AD]% of the target’s maximum Health as bonusÂ true damage for that attack, receives a 20% [30/40/50% with ranks in R] bonus Movement Speed and restores 20 [+6 per level] Health. Fiora reveals a new weak spot whenever she attacks one, or when a moderate period of time passes without it being attacked.
Cost: 25/30/35/40/45 mana || Cooldown: 18/16/14/12/10 seconds || Range: 400
Fiora lunges in a target direction before striking a nearby enemy, dealing 65/75/85/95/105 [+0.55/0.7/0.85/1.0/1.15 bonus AD] physical damage and applying on-hit effects. Lunge prioritizes enemy champions, and tries to hit enemy weak spots. Finally, 60% of Lungeâ€™s cooldown is refreshed when the ability strikes an enemy.
Cost: 50Â mana at all ranks || Cooldown: X secondsÂ || Range:Â 750
Fiora enters a defensive stance, parrying all damage and hard crowd control abilities for a fraction of a second. After sheâ€™s done parrying, Fiora attacks in a target direction, dealingÂ 90/130/170/210/250 [+0.6 AP] magic damageÂ and slowingÂ the movespeed and Attack Â Speed of the first Champion she hits by 50% for 1.5 seconds. If she parries any hard crowd control abilities, Riposte stuns instead of slows.
Cost: 40/45/50/55/60 mana || Cooldown: 15/13/11/9/7Â seconds || Range:Â 150 [melee]
Fiora gains 50% increased attack speed on her next two basic attacks. The first cannot crit but slows her target by 40/45/50/55/60%Â for 1 second, while the second is guaranteed to crit for 140/155/170/185/200%Â damage.
Cost: 100Â mana at all ranks || Cooldown: 110/90/70Â seconds || Range:Â 500
Fiora targets an enemy champion, gaining speed and full knowledge of their vitals. Each time she destroys a weak spot, she deals damage equal to a maximum of 4 times the true damage from her passive [15% of Max HP]. If sheâ€™s able to destroy all four weak spots in 8 seconds, or if she destroys at least one before her target dies, Fiora creates a large and long-lasting zone under her enemy that heals Fiora and her allied champions forÂ 80/110/140 [+0.6 AD] each second for 5 seconds.
To complement her gameplay & visual rework, Fioraâ€™s received a new short client entry:
â€I have come to kill you for the sake of honor. And though you possess none, you will die just the same.â€Â The most feared duelist in all of Valoran, Fiora is as renowned for her indomitable will and haughty pride as she is for her skill with the blade. She was born to Demaciaâ€™s House Laurent, a once-proud family whose reputation was tarnished by the actions of her father. In an unprecedented move, Fiora challenged him to single combat and, upon winning, took control of House Laurent. Defying the Demacian establishment, she has set about restoring the reputation and pride of her family name, one duel at a time.
Gangplank’s default model has been updated to reflect the events of the Bilgewater Tides storyline. You can get his older looks with the Captain Gangplank skin, which will be free to all players who finish a matchmade game with Gangplank by August 10th (otherwise it will cost 975 RP).
Here is Gangplank’s new Champion Select quote:
”I was cutting throats and sinking Noxian war galleys when you were still pissing your britches, boy. You don’t want to take me on.” As unpredictable as he is brutal, the dethroned reaver king known as Gangplank is feared far and wide. Where he goes, death and ruin follow, and such is his infamy and reputation that the merest sight of his black sails on the horizon causes panic among even the hardiest crew.
“‘The bigger the risk, the bigger the bounty.” Beauty and danger: there are few who can match Miss Fortune in either. One of Bilgewater’s most infamous bounty hunters, she built her legend upon a swathe of bullet-riddled corpses and captured ne’er-do-wells. The booming echoes of her twin pistols in the port city’s reeking wharfs and scavenger shanties are sure signs of another warrant from the Bounty Board being settled.
- Slow strength decreased fromÂ 40/50/60/70% toÂ 30/40/50/60% [values for levels 1/6/11/16]
- Movement Speed buff increased from 40/50/60/70%Â to 40/50/60/80%
- AP ratio on third hit increased from 0.7 to 0.8
Shield value changed from 150/195/240/285/330 [+0.8 AP] to 80/100/120/140/160Â [+1.5 AP]
- Health strength changed fromÂ 20/25/30% [+3.33% per 100 AP] of the damage taken over the last 4 second to 20% [+6.66% per 100 AP]
- Gangplank now additionally gains one Silver Serpet every second [3v3, ARAM and Dominion only]
- [Tooltip Fix] Now mentions that ranks in Cannon Barrage increase Gangplank’s maximum planted Powder Kegs from 2 to 3/4/5
- Base minimum damage decreased fromÂ 50/75/100/125/150Â to 50/70/90/110/130
- Maximum base damageÂ decreased fromÂ 150/225/300/375/450 toÂ 150/210/270/330/390
- Cast time has been increased from 0.125 seconds to 0.25
- Movement speed boost decreased from 60% at all ranks toÂ 40/50/60%
- If an ally walks within range of On the Hunt after itâ€™s been cast, theyâ€™ll receive 20% bonus MS [tooltip fix]
- If an ally walks into On the Hunt’s range after it’s been cast, they will gain bonus MS equal to Sivir’s bonus MS at the time [on live, they get the maximum value of the buff]. This value still decays to 20% over the duration
- Attack Speed when exiting stealth changed from 40% to 15% + 5% per level
- Teemo now takes 1.5 seconds to stealth, down from 2
- While in brush, Teemo will enter stealth twice as fast (0.75 secs) and moving through brush wonâ€™t break the stealth.
- Mushrooms now last 5 minutes, decreased from 10
- Cast range increased from 230 to 300/600/900
- Internal cooldown decreased from 1 second to 0.25
- Casting time increased from 1 second to 1.5
- Now has an additional function: if Teemo throws a mushroom on top of another mushroom, it will bounce up to 3/4/5 Teemos before being planted.
Teemo also received new spell icons. From left to right:Â Passive, AS buff icon from Passive, Q, W, E and R.
- Buff duration has been increased from 6 seconds to 8
- Now grants 4 stacks per basic attack, decreased from 6
- Stacks for spellcasts decreased from 12 to 8
You’ll be able to buy this insomnia fuel for 975 RP some time after Patch 5.15 hits live.
GP’s “old” looks will be available in store for 975 RP or for free to all players who finish a matchmade game with GP before August 10th.
All chroma packs are available in store for 590 RPÂ and can be found in theÂ “Bundles” tab.
This tablet pen-wielding poro willÂ likely be a reward for the recent art event on Riot Korea’s official page.
Here’s the official list of upcoming changes to the new HUD:
- New font and styling
- Larger team frames, meters, and ult timers
- Full square cooldown indicator
- New colors differentiating â€œon cooldownâ€ and â€œout of manaâ€
- Larger stat icons and text
- Larger Ping and FPS displays
- Scoreboard now has more padding, larger champ portraits, and larger fonts
- Added drop shadow to chat
- Brighter XP bar
- Larger Summoner spell timers on the scoreboard
- Active ability events have been changed to gold (level up, toggle, just off cd) to differentiate from unavailable (cooldown, OoM)
Animation and Audio
- Shortened and pulled back on many animations including â€œlevel upâ€, â€œjust off cooldownâ€, and toggles
- Scaled back many audio cues
- CS, KDA, and Team KDA has rejoined game time in the top right
- Scoreboard improvements including larger and clearer summoner spell and respawn timers
- Added colored bonus stats
- Added cast bars for all abilities other than instant casts
- Swapped Crit and Attack Range in player stats
- Mute buttons on the Scoreboard are now always visible
- Minimap can now be scaled smaller
The KDA score and minion kills are once again displayed in the top right corner of the screen. Also, stats thatâ€™re affected by runes, items, masteries, etc., are now listed with a yellow color with in the Champion Stats [C] box.
Cooldowns on the new HUD now fill the entire icon, not just a circle inside it:
Â [ Note ] The new HUD will also replace the old one for Ranked when Patch 5.15 hits live. You can read the announcement HERE.
You can now select the ward skins for the wards you wonâ€™t place from Champ Select:
As mentioned at launch, the Instant Feedback System was originally tuned conservatively to avoid false positives. Now that it’s been in place for a few months we’re ready to start taking the training wheels off. In particular, the system is now more likely to punish hate speech after just one incidence.
When Champion Mastery launched a while back, we decided we’d wait and see how the rank 4 and 5 emotes were being used before making them visible to the enemy team. Fast forward a few months and, after adding in a light safeguard to ensure players can opt out of emote spam, we’re ready to let you show your achievements off to everyone in your matches!
[ YOU CAN’T IGNORE MY BADGE ]Â The rank 4 and 5 Champion Mastery emotes are now visible to the enemy team
[ WAIT YES YOU CAN ]Â Muting a player now hides their Champion Mastery emote (both ally and enemy)
- (Black Market Brawlers) Enchantment: Teleport‘s active effect can no longer be bugged to cast without a cooldown
- Rift Scuttler now drops a soul
- Upgrading a trinket no longer resets its cooldown (This was fixed in 5.14 but we forgot to document it. Sorry!)
- Using a consumable item no longer temporarily disables Devourer’s effects
- Galio now properly gets assists when shielding allies with W – Bulwark
- Spirit Guard Udyr now plays VO when he kills a Rift Scuttler
- Restored custom E – Shunpo VFX for Sandstorm and Slay Belle Katarina
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me atÂ @NoL_ChefoÂ or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.