Patch 6.1 will hit live inÂ a few hours. Here are the official notes:
- Challenger Nidalee
- Lunar Wraith Caitlyn
- Lunar Wraith Morgana
- Radiant Wukong
- Rising Dawn Ward Skin
- New Summoner Icons
- New Champion Select
- Tweaks to Dragon Trainer Lulu
- New [ Q ] Visuals for Draven Skins
- Season 6 Login Animation
- Japan Localization
Don’t know when Patch 6.1 will hit live in your region? Here’s the maintenance schedule:
Challenger Nidalee is a legacy skin and will cost 975 RP.
Lunar Wraith Caitlyn is a legacy skin and will be available for 1350 RP.
Lunar Wraith Morgana is a legacy skin and will be available for 975Â RP.
Radiant WukongÂ is NOT a legacy skin and will be available for 1350 RP.
This monkey-themed ward skin will be available for 640 RP in the store after Patch 6.1 hits live:
Four new Lunar-themed summoner icons will be available in the store, presumably for 250 RP each:
Patch 6.1 will also bring team icons for the upcoming season. These will costÂ 250 RP and, like always, a portion of the profits will go to the respective teams:
Traveler’s Call [ Passive ]
- Meeps now additionally hit in a 150 radius around the primary target (in addition to the cone damage) once Bard unlocks the cone attack Meep upgrade.
Pyroclasm [ R ]
- Bugfix: No longer prioritizes Champions over minions when those Champions aren’t affected by Brand’s passive.
Headshot [ Passive ]
- Fixed a bug where Caitlyn would walk toward her empowered Headshot target if they were less than 650 range of her;
- Fixed a bug where Caitlyn’s next basic attack would sometimes be delayed more than normal after an empowered Headshot;
- Fixed a bug where Caitlyn would sometimes take longer than intended before firing an empowered Headshot when swapping targets.
Yordle Snap Trap [ W ]
- Trap now is slightly better at catching small champions (like yordles).
Rappel [ E ]
- Fixed a bug where Elise would quickly drop onto a nearby enemy when self-casting Rappel.
Dark Wind [ E ]
- Mana cost decreasedÂ from 50/70/90/110/130Â to 50/60/70/80/90.
Trial by Fire [ Passive ]
- Bonus AD ratio decreased from 1.2 to 1;
- DoT duration increased from 1.5 seconds to 2.5 (same damage).
CH-2 Electron Storm Grenade
- Fixed a bug where Heimerdinger’s grenade was granting too much vision for the duration.
Switcheroo! [ Q ]
- Fixed a bug where Jinx was getting more than one passive stack after killing an inhibitor;
- Fixed a bug where Jinx was able to cast rockets for free when out of mana;
- Fixed a bug where Jinx was receiving less attack speed than intended from Get Excited! when using Fishbones, the Rocket Launcher;
- Switcheroo! can no longer be cast while disabled.
Rend [ E ]
- ManaÂ cost decreased from 40 at all ranks to 30;
- No longer refunds any mana when Rend kills its first target. Subsequent kills still refund the full cost (30).
Unseen Threat [ Passive ]
- The animation for Kha’Zix’s buffed auto-attacks has been sped up to match the speed of his regular attacks (currently slower on live).
Void Spike [ W ]
- AoE range increased from 225 to 275.
Leap [ E ]
- Range increased from 600 to 700.
Ethereal Chains [ E ]
- Missile speed increased from 1600 to 1750.
Love Taps [ Passive ]
- AD ratio decreased from 0.6 – 1, to 0.5 – 1 (scales with level);
- AD ratio against minions decreased from 0.3 – 0.5 to 0.25 – 0.5.
Make it Rain [ E ]
- Base Damage decreasedÂ from 90/145/200/225/310 toÂ 80/115/150/185/220.
Iron Man [ Passive ]
- Shield decay decreased from 2%-per-second to 1.5%.
Harvester of Sorrow [ W ]
- The spell can now be cast on minions and allows Mordekaiser to proc the â€œtouchingâ€ damage on the aura.
[ Note ] The aura’s size is much larger if cast on siege minions:
Children of the Grave [ R ]
- Now deals 25% of its damage instantly, decreased from 50% (total damage unchanged, now deals 75% of its damage over-time, changed from 50%)
- BonusÂ AD on Ghost changed fromÂ 10/25/50 flat to [ 1.0 of Mordekaiserâ€™s Bonus AD ].
Hammer Shock [ Q ]
- If Poppy casts Hammer Shock immediately after Heroic Charge, Hammer Shock will cast toward her target.
Runic Blade [ Passive ]
- Total AD ratio increased from 0.2 – 0.5 to 0.25 – 0.5 [ values for levels 1 – 18 ].
- Collision radius on champion model decreased from 50 to 35.
Flamespitter [ Q ]
- Range increased from 550 to 600;
- Tick rate decreased from 0.5 seconds to 0.25 (meaning Rumble will apply damage in shorter periods, total damage remains the same but this helps in shorter engages).
- Base Attack Damage increased from 47.5 to 49.5.
Camouflage [ Passive ]
- Time to stealth in brush increased from 0.75 seconds to 1.5;
- Teemo can now stealth while moving in a brush.
Noxious Trap [ R ]
- Cast range increased fromÂ 300/600/900Â to 400/650/900.
Damnation [ Passive ]
- Fixed a visual bug where, upon despawning, uncollected souls appeared to fly to Thresh instead of vanishing.
Chomp [ Q ]
- No longer affects towers.
Pillar of Ice [ E ]
- Mana cost increased from 60 at all ranks toÂ 75.
Subjugate [ R ]
- Cooldown increased from 80/70/60 seconds to 110/90/70;
- Mana cost increased from 75 at all ranks to 100.
Noxian Corrosive Charge [ E ]
- Fixed a bug where Noxian Corrosive Charge was granting too much vision for the duration.
WindÂ Wall [ W ]
- Fixed a bug where certain targeted abilities (such as Twisted Fate’s Pick-A-Card) would pass through Wind Wall as it spawned.
- Heal on unique passive increased from 12% of damage dealt to 15%;
- Damage converted to bleed (DoT) increased from 12% to 15%;
- Attack Damage increased from 65 to 75;
- Recipe cost increased from 525 Gold to 625 (total cost increased from 3400 Gold to 3500).
Eye of the Oasis
- Now additionally grants 10% Cooldown Reduction;
- Bonus Mana Regeneration decreased from 150% to 100%.
Eye of the Watchers
- Now additionally grants 10% Cooldown Reduction;
- Bonus Mana Regeneration decreased from 150% to 100%;
- Decreases cooldown of Warding Totem by 33%, decreased from 50% [the values are near-identical because of the Warding Totem buff]
Frost Queenâ€™s Claim
- Mana Regeneration decreased from 150% to 100%;
- Ghost slow now lasts 2-5 seconds (increase with distance), changed from 4 seconds flat;
Lord Dominik’s Regards
- Bonus Armor Penetration increased from 40% to 45%.
- UNIQUE Passive is now called “Echo”, to prevent it from stacking with the passive on Runic Echoes (new jungle AP enchantment)
- Bonus Armor Penetration increased from 40% to 45%.
- Now additionally grants 5% bonus Movement Speed;
- Bonus MovementÂ Speed while in 500 range of an enemy Champion decreased from 12% to 7%.
- Bonus Movement Speed decreased from 8%Â to 7%.
- Bonus Movement Speed increased from 5% to 7%.
- Now deals 120% bonus damage to minions, increased from 75%.
- Armor increased from 45 to 50.
- Cooldown decreased from 180/120 seconds (scales down with level) to 180/90.
Enchantment: Runic Echoes (replaces Runeglaive)
Grants 60 Ability Power and 10% bonus to Movement Speed;
UNIQUE Passive – Echo: Gain charges upon moving or casting. At 100 charges, the next spell hit expends all charges to deal 80 [+0.1 AP] bonus magic damage to up to 4 targets.
This effect deals 2.5XÂ damage to Large Monsters. Hitting a Large Monster with this effect will restore 18% of your missing Mana.
- Mana regeneration while in the jungle increased from 150% to 180%.
[ Note ] This also applies toÂ Skirmisherâ€™s Sabre, Stalkerâ€™s Blade and Trackerâ€™s Knife.
“Razor Sharp”Â Raptor Buff [ buff from smiting theÂ ugly chicken campÂ ]
- Fixed several bugs with Razor Sharp where it would not go off if the nearest enemy object was not a ward;
- Changed trigger range from 1250 to 900 to better sync with the range of wards;
- Changed trigger range for blue trinket wards from 1250 to 500 to better sync with the range of wards.
- Auto-attack damage increased from 95 to 105.
Smite [ Summoner Spell ]
- No longer triggers spell effects (such as Spell Vamp or Rylai’s Crystal Scepter).
Precision [ Tier 5 Cunning ]
- Armor penetration decreased fromÂ 1/2/3/4/5 [+ 0.1/0.2/0.3/0.4/0.5 per level] toÂ 0.6/1.2/1.8/2.4/3 + [0.06/0.12/0.18/0.24/0.3 per level]
Deathfire TouchÂ [ Keystone FerocityÂ ]
- Ratios increased from [ +0.5 Bonus AD ] [ +0.2 AP ] to [ +0.6 Bonus AD ] [ +0.25 AP ].
Fervor of BattleÂ [ Keystone Ferocity ]
- Bonus physical damage on auto-attack per stack increased from 1-8 (scales with Champion level) to 1-12;
- Max stacksÂ decreased from 10Â to 8Â (maxÂ on-hit physical damage increased from 80Â to 96).
Warlordâ€™s BloodlustÂ [ Keystone Ferocity ]
- Heal changed from 15% of crit damage against Champions to 5-25% (scales with level);
- Attack Speed bonus increased from 20% to 30% (for 4 seconds).
Bond of Stone [ Keystone Resolve ]
- Flat damage reduction increased from 3% to 4%;
- Additionally, 6% of the damage taken by your closest ally from enemy ChampionsÂ is dealt to you;
- No longer gives 6% Damage Reduction when near an allied Champion.
Strength of the AgesÂ [ KeystoneÂ Resolve ]
- When capped, Strength of Ages now heals for 6% of your Maximum Health for both Siege MinionsÂ and large jungle monsters, changed from healing for 100 flat Health per Siege Minion kill.â€
Stormraiderâ€™s SurgeÂ [ Keystone CunningÂ ]
- Movement speed buff increased from 35% to 40%;
- Duration to trigger the buff extended from 2 seconds to 2.5;
- Now additionally grants 75% slow resistance for 3 seconds after proccing the buff.
Just some bugfixes for minions and their wacky behavior.
The only one that’s worth calling out is the last one on the list – this was actually implemented in 5.22, and primarily helps melee vs ranged matchups with respect to basic attacks. Simply put, the ‘call for help’ used to be around yourself and not the enemy, meaning that when they’d harass you off the wave, your minions would often ‘pretend’ not to notice as they went about their business. Now minions are more courageous and will actively watch for enemy harassment.
Minions no longer freeze or awkwardly lock eyes with other minions
Minions now display how much bonus damage or damage reduction they have from the pushing changes implemented in 5.23
Minions no longer acquire new targets that are in the river or jungle, and if they enter the river or jungle they’ll refuse to acquire any target until they leave. (Implemented in 5.22 but undocumented)
Now additionally calls for help in a ring around your opponent when attacked near minions (implemented in 5.22 but undocumented).
The New Champion Select is almost ready for live. It will follow a staggered release, with public testing for NA and TR beginning on January 13th. Below you can find a rundown of how the new system will work:
[ Note ] The new Champion Select will replace Team Builder. [ Source ]
Before you queue, youâ€™ll be asked to pick your PrimaryÂ and Secondary role. Logically, your Primary role takes priority in the matchmaking:
The queue interface is standard fair. The wait time is displayed at the bottom, rather than the top of the client and there are new visuals for the ticking time confirmation:
Inside the Champion Select, youâ€™ll be placed on a 3D map of Summonerâ€™s Rift, with an arrow-type indicator for your role:
I was Captain here, so I couldn’t ban. Instead, I could give a visual cue to teammates of what I wanted to play. This phase is a suggestive “I want to play this, please don’t ban it” type – if my teammates wanted to, they could’ve banned Yasuo, but I’ve shown them I want to play that Champion.
Thereâ€™s a neat animation for bans, where the banned Championâ€™s portrait will disintegrateÂ intoÂ shards. Hereâ€™s how it looks like for both allied bans and enemy bans:
Once banning is complete, picking resumes as is currently on live. The Champions picked (or hovered over) will be displayed in a circular shape. Once selected, they will play their Champ Select quote for everyone:
Hereâ€™s how the interface looks like if the player hasnâ€™t picked a Champion yet, for both ally and enemy-side:
Once picking concludes, you can lock in your Champion or pick a different one. Thereâ€™s also a new interface for your available skins:
The last part of Champion Select is a standard wait period to adjust your Masteries. Note the location of UI elements:
- Bans at the top left and right;
- 2D map with Roles and Champions picked on the bottom right;
- Summoner Spells/Masteries on the bottom.
Dragon Trainer Lulu has received new, brighter textures, presumably to fit better with the visuals of Dragon Trainer Tristana.
Soul Reaver Draven and Gladiator Draven have both received new visuals for the landing zones on their Spinning Axes [ Q ]:
A new login theme has been released to celebrate the start of the new season. Hereâ€™s the video byÂ frostyNinja:
And hereâ€™s the still from the animation:
The Japanese localization is near-concluded and all the voice-overs, text and audio files will be released with Patch 6.1. Note that if you want to use the Japanese localization, you can select it from your launcher post-patch.
[ Note ] You can find all the Japanese Champion Select quotes HERE:
- Summoner names in the end of game screen have been reverted to white without glow effects
- Fixed a bug where summoner names in the end of game screen weren’t consistently graying out as players left the lobby
- Fixed a bug where Ekko’s Q – Timewinder sometimes dealt no damage on the way out at high levels of cooldown reduction
- Quinn’s Q – Blinding Assault no longer causes several empowered basic attacks to miss
- Jayce’s buff from swapping to R – Mercury Cannon is no longer consumed without dealing damage when using W – Hyper Charge to attack a structure
- Kassadin no longer gains E – Force Pulse stacks from the active of Frost Queen’s Claim
- Orianna’s E – Command: Protect bonus resistances are now properly multiplied by Windspeaker’s Blessing
- Fixed a bug where splitting mastery points between Piercing Thoughts and Battering Blows granted the incorrect amount of stats
- Fixed a few cases of champions with Sated Devourer damaging themselves when using empowered basic attacks (ex. Ekko’s E – Phase Dive or Rek’Sai’s Q – Queen’s Wrath)
- Luden’s Echo now procs if an ability cast at max stacks damages a target after its caster dies
- Liandry’s Torment now properly deals increased damage to enemies affected by Ahri’s E – Charm, Rammus’s E – Puncturing Taunt and Shen’s E – Shadow Dash
- Serrated Dirk’s buff no longer occasionally consumes itself when granted by an empowered basic attack
- Cinderhulk’s burn effect now has an on-hover range indicator
- Zz’Rot Portal, Zeke’s Herald and Face of the Mountain are now properly searchable by typing “Active” in the item shop
- Mejai’s Soulstealer has been added to the Mana tab of the item shop
- Restored custom flame tail particles on Foxfire Ahri
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me atÂ @NoL_ChefoÂ or e-mail me at email@example.com.