- Now grants a base 50 Gold bonus upon killing an enemy champion, increased from 0
- Now consumes all Adoration stacks on kill to reward Draven with Gold (previously only half)
- Gold per Adoration stack consumed reduced from 3 to 2
Summary:Â Dravenâ€™s passive will now consume all stacks on kill to grant bonus gold, although the gold granted per stack has been reduced by 1. Additionally, Dravenâ€™s passive will grant at least 50 bonus gold per kill.
Context:Â Considering Draven is obviously the greatest champion ever in League of Legends, his new League of Draven passive feels a little flat right now. Weâ€™re looking at ways of making his Adoration mechanic more rewarding – both functionally and visually â€“ during late game and multikills
Â Â Â Â Â Â Galio
- Cooldown reduced from 170/150/130 to 150/135/120 seconds
- Mana cost reduced from 100/150/200 to 100
Summary:Â Weâ€™re reducing Idol of Durand’s cooldown at all ranks and fixing the mana cost to a flat number (lower overall) at all ranks.
Context:Â Galio’s ultimate has several measures in place to keep it in check, but between the counters and the resource costs (mana and cooldowns), we feel itâ€™s currently too constrained overall. By reducing his ultâ€™s cooldown and mana cost, we should ensure that Galio stays a viable pick at all levels of play.
Â Â Â Â Zac
- Adjusted passive chunk drops to be more contestable by enemies
- If an enemy champion is within 1000 units of Zac, his chunks will spawn in a contestable zone between him and his opponent (this isnâ€™t a change, but is listed for clarification)
- Increased the range at which champions cause chunks to be contestable (fly away from Zac) to 1000 (from 700)
- Slightly increased the distance contestable chunks travel from Zac
- Chunks are now credited to whoever is closest to them in the event that both Zac and an enemy champion are present (rather than automatically going to Zac)
- Reduced chunk invulnerability time to 0.25 seconds (from 0.75)
- Chunk invulnerability now applies to both Zac and enemies (previously only applied to enemies â€“ Zac now has to wait 0.25 seconds before he can absorb his chunks)
- Zac now has an increased chunk pickup range and bypasses the chunk invulnerability delay timer during Let’s Bounce
Summary:Â Zac’s chunk drops are now more contestable by opponents.
Context: When we first designed Zac, our initial concern was that his chunks would be difficult for Zac players to use if we didn’t stack the variables in his favor. So we coded the chunks so Zac would absorb them even when his enemies were closer and should have been able to crush the chunks. Then we launched Zac, who in turn launched himself straight into the â€œawesomeâ€ category over multiple levels of League play. Weâ€™re still balancing Zac out, but these changes should give Zac’s opponents a fair and equal chance to stomp out the chunks in lane and stop the green goo champ from sustaining so effectively.
Quality of Life & Bug Fixes
- Visuals and sounds for League of Draven play on every Draven kill, instead of only playing on kills which consumed a large number of stacks
Â Â Â Â Â Fiora
- Will now choose untargetable and invisible targets if necessary to continue the Blade Waltz. If Fiora needs to jump to such a target to continue Blade Waltz, she will do so, though the ability will not deal damage to untargetable/invisible units. If the target is revealed when Fiora jumps to them (in brush), sheâ€™ll deal damage as normal
Context:Â Fioraâ€™s Blade Waltz has been hindered by reliability issues for a while now, so weâ€™re making some quality of life changes to help ensure that her ultimate is suitably satisfying to use.
- Now displays shield amount in segments, similar to health segment
Â Â Â Â Singed
- Fixed a bug where Fling was dealing more damage than the tooltip values indicated
Â Â Â Â Thresh
- If the target cleanses the initial spell or blocks it with a spell shield, the chain will now shatter, preventing Thresh from casting Death Leap
Â Â Â Â Â Â Udyr
- Phoenix Stance’s buff now displays a timer for Udyr’s next Phoenix Breath attack
Â Â Â Zac
- Fixed a bug where the landing point visual effect was not appearing for enemies
- Fixed a bug where the visual effects included the generic “increased Movement Speed” visual
The following changes are for Crystal Scar and Twisted Treeline only
- Recipe Changed: Pickaxe + Vampiric Scepter + 500 Gold = 2175 Total Gold (previously: B.F. Sword + Vampiric Scepter + 500g = 2850 Total Gold)
Context: Similar to the removal of Needlessly Large Rod in 3.10, weâ€™re changing the recipe on Sanguine Blade to alleviate frustrations that come with saving for a B.F. Sword.
Â Â Nidalee
- Reveal and Armor and Magic Resist shred duration reduced from 12Â to 6 seconds
- Trap duration reduced from 4Â to 2 minutes
Context: Nidaleeâ€™s Bushwack traps grant too much vision and zone control on wardless maps. Weâ€™ve lowered the trap durations to reflect the shorter games on Crystal Scar and Twisted Treeline.
Â Â Â Teemo
- Duration reduced from 10Â to 3 minutes
Context: Like Nidalee, Teemo’s Noxious Traps grant too much vision and control on wardless maps. We’ve reduced their durations to reflect the shorter games on Crystal Scar and Twisted Treeline.
The following changes are for Crystal Scar only
Â Â Kassadin
- Null Sphere silence duration reduced from 1/1.4/1.8/2.2/2.6Â to 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds
Context: Kassadin is in a much better place after his initial changes, but he’s still a little strong. This change to his silence duration should bring him in line while still allowing him to remain competitive.
Â Â Kha’Zix
- Isolation damage reduced from 45%Â to 35% bonus
- Additional missing Health damage reduced from 8%Â to 6%
Context: Kha’Zix’s isolation mechanic is too accessible on Dominion. With these changes, heâ€™ll still have plenty of killing power, but his enemies will have a chance to react and dish some damage back.
Â Â Â Â Lulu
- Cooldown increased from 110/95/80Â to 120/110/100 seconds
Context: Turns out giving Lulu an ult with amazing team utility almost every fight was giving the Fae Sorceress a little too much power. Oops.
Â Â Wukong
- Armor and Magic Resist reducedÂ from 4/6/8Â per rankÂ to 2/4/6
- Cooldown increased from 120/105/90Â to 120/110/100 seconds
Context: Wukong was getting a lot of free tank stats which allowed him to build damage without being too squishy. We’ve increased the cooldown on Cyclone to help remedy the situation.
Â Â Â Yorick
- Cast range reduced from 550Â to 500
- Cooldown changed from 10/9/8/7/6Â to 8 seconds
Context: Solo lane Yorick has some strong opponents, but if you donâ€™t specifically counter him, he tends to crush his lane opponent. These changes are meant to reduce some of his harass and sustain.
- Players can now undo recent transactions within the in game item shop
- Undo history is cleared under certain events such as leaving the shopping area, dealing damage, receiving damage, or casting a spell
- Items will remove benefits they granted you when undone, such as gold gained from gold over time items
- Certain items cannot be undone such as Homeguard or Captain’s Boot enchantments
Context: Accidentally bought a B.F. Sword on Swain? Weâ€™ve added an undo button to the item shop, giving Runeterraâ€™s most mis-clickiest of players the chance to undo their recent purchases. Purchases canâ€™t be reversed if those items have had an irreversible impact on the game (dealing damage, mitigating damage, healing, providing a bonus that is used by a teammate, etc).
- Mousing over a champion’s passive icon will now show a range indicator if the passive has a range of influence (e.g. Soraka’s Consecration)
Team Fight UI
- While spectating, press ‘A’ to toggle the Team Fight UI
- Minimalist UI mode that focuses on presenting information relevant to on-screen conflicts
- Team health bars communicate the momentum of the fight and impact of AoE damage
- Crowd control indicators visualize the power of crowd control abilities
- Pentakill counter tracks progress towards double, triple, quadra and pentakills
Context:Â Weâ€™ve developed a new Team Fight UI for spectator mode that minimizes and concentrates the UI so that itâ€™s easier to focus on the action during team fights. With this change weâ€™ve optimized the display of battle information in team fights, including whoâ€™s involved in the fight, whoâ€™s winning, and how many people have died on either team.
Check here for a preview of Team Fight UI!
Automatic Dragon and Baron Timers
- Timers will display in the upper left corner of Spectator Mode with a countdown showing Dragon and BaronÂ spawn times
Loading Screen Reward Borders
Loading screen borders will now show a border from your highest rank achieved in the previous season inanyÂ tier (previously displayed your Season 2 rank for the specific game type youâ€™re loading)
- You guys have spoken – this will be reverted in patch 3.12!Â Click here for more information regarding end of season rewards
- Fixed the minimap bug showing champions at incorrect locations when emerging from the fog of war
- Cancelled Auto Attacks will no longer fire a damage-less missile at the target
- The damage-less missile will no longer consume buffs or passives
- You may still hear a sound effect without the missile. We are still investigating a fix for this
- Minions will now disappear from the map sooner after their death
- Cursors will be set to the center of their window by default, preventing the camera from panning to the far left or right corners of the map at game start
- Cursors will also be set to the center of their window for a short period of time after player switches full-screen focus (alt-tab)
- Removed the default key bind for “Show/Hide Summoner Names” (previously, Shift-K). The function can still be bound in the Key Bindings menu if you wish to use it
- Reduced the amount of time you can spend AFK before being kicked from the game
- Tower health is now updated even if you’ve never had the tower out of the fog of war
- The Champions tab in the Summoner Profile has been updated with a new layout
- The Champion grid has been widened, allowing more Champions to be seen at once
- The primary role selector has been changed from a button group to a dropdown in the upper right
- Parts of the friend list view have been rewritten in order to increase stability and performance
- Fixed a bug causing the friend list to be corrupted with duplicate and missing entries when scrolling
- Friend Notes are now visible in friend tooltips without needing to hover over the note icon
- AFK detection reduced to 3 minutes (from 8)
- The game now kicks you at 5 minutes (previously 12 minutes)
- The minimum time custom games need to last to be eligible for IP/XP rewards has been increased to 7 minutes (previously 5 minutes)
- A minimum number of human players must now participate in a custom game to receive IP/XP rewards.Â The current thresholds are:
- 5 players minimum for Summonerâ€™s Rift, Crystal Scar, and Howling Abyss
- 3Â players minimum for Twisted Treeline
- A notification has been added in the end of game results screen to explain why players did not receive IP/XP
Bugs with Patch 3.11
Â Riot NOC:Â Summoners!
Following the 3.11 patch, we’ve seen an increased level of disconnections and Bugsplats. Weâ€™re fully aware of this and we now have a solution for resolving a majority of the issues.
Some third-party add-ons are causing technical difficulties and bugsplats(game crashes) with patch 3.11, the latest League of Legends release. If you find you’re experiencing more bugsplats than usual, try uninstalling your addons and running a repair from the settings dropdown of your League of Legends patcher.Â
To run the repair function:
- Run League of Legends.
- Click on the button with a gear near the top of the window.
- Click “Repair”
- Wait. The repair function can take anywhere from 5 minutes to over 30 depending on the number of corrupt files it has to repair.
If after this you still experience the issues, please attach the following logs to your replies, as it will assist us in figuring out what is occurring:
Launcher/Patcher – Launcher and Kernel Logs:
These logs are useful for: Stuck Patches, Server Unavailable and Unspecified Launcher Errors
The patcher is responsible for keeping your installation of League of Legends up to date with the newest champion, skins and features. Problems that require patcher logs occur when you first boot up the game and before you hit the “Play” button. There are two log files that will contain any error messages you receive while at this window: rads_lol_launcher.log,rads_user_kernel.log
In-game RADS Logs:
rads_user_kernel.log in C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS (or on Mac: /Applications/League of Legends.app/Contents/RADS)
In-game launcher Logs:
[Timestamp like: 2013-08-27T15-40-03]_launcher.log In C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Logs\Patcher Logs (or on Mac: /Applications/League of Legends.app/Contents/LoL/Logs/Patcher Logs)
In-Game r3d Logs:
These logs are useful for: In-Game Errors, Graphical Problems and Frame Rate Issues
A game log is created each time you play a game. It contains vital information about your loading process and will log any errors that occur during the course of the game. These logs are essential for troubleshooting in situations where you have problems in-game.
Each file appears like this: 2011-05-24_21-11-32_r3dlog.txt
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Logs\Game – R3d Logs (or on Mac: /Applications/League of Legends.app/Contents/LoL/Logs/ Game – R3d Logs)
For people that get stuck in the League of Legends logo, and / or at 99% , 33%.. When patching the client: Do not worry about it and leave it open. Both during the logo and when stuck at those % the game is still patching in the background. If you leave it eventually it will be finished and move forward.
Thanks for your patience, weâ€™re sorry to those running into this problem and it would help for you to let us know if the steps above helped fix things here in this thread.
Minions will get a brand new missile animation with a near-future update on the PBE.
As part of our ongoing effort to increase gameplay clarity, we’ve decided to revisit minion visual effects. Here are some of the problems we’ve identified with what you currently see on the live servers:
- Ranged missiles fail the “screenshot test” for information conveyance. Because the missiles are round, directionality cannot be inferred.
- Hit effects are too high in the “loudness” hierarchy. Champion particles should take much higher precedence!
- Visual noise is excessive. There are a lot of bright flashes that simply aren’t necessary.
- The low Effects Quality setting made them look pretty bad!
With these issues in mind, we’ve made several revisions to minion VFX, which should come to the PBE in the (very) near future.
- Ranged missiles now convey directionality.
- Overall particle brightness and saturation are reduced.
- Decreased amount of bright flashing.
We’ve taken great care to preserve the last-hitting experience, though it may take a game or two to adjust to the new visuals. Be sure to take a look and give feedback!
Was there an increase in missile speed?
Isn’t the “Low Effects” settings supposed to increase FPS on lower-end CPUs?
How do the new VFX for cannon minions look like?
Demacia’s favorite son is brushing off some of the dust and scars of so many battles and coming into new focus with a complete visual upgrade. Decked out with new armor and weaponry befitting his victorious prowess, Garen’s new model solidifies his image as the quintessential poster boy of Demacian valor.
Following community feedback,Â Borders and Ranked Team RewardsÂ are getting several tweaks.
A couple updates to Season 3 Rewards to share:
1. Ranked Borders
Many of you have raised some concerns over ourÂ announced planÂ to show your highest earned border across all queues types. I’ll explain a little bit about our original reasoning, but first, some news: we’ll be rolling back this change in a subsequent patch – soÂ loading screen borders will reflect the highest tier you’ve achieved in the ranked queue you’re currently playing.
This change was already implemented and is going to be in the patch for 3.11 (so youÂ willÂ see it applied to Season 2 rewards), but we’ll be reversing the change in the following patch. In non-ranked queues, your rewards will be displayed based on the same rules as the start of season 3.
Why were we originally doing it? One of our goals is to improve the ranked team experience and drive more participation in ranked teams – after all, League is a competitiveÂ teamÂ game. We’ll talk more about this in Season 4, but the idea to make loading screen borders valid across all queues was driven by this notion. In the case of cross-queue login screen borders, we viewed this as an incentive for players to form ranked teams. Players who participated in ranked teams would get to display their rewards everywhere.
The problem many of you have highlighted is that this change appears to incentivize players to sell ranked teams or otherwise abuse the system to illegitimately earn rewards. While our research indicates this actuallyÂ hasn’tÂ become a common occurrence in the wake of our announcement, our priority is to make sure that the rewards you’ve worked so hard to earn over the course of Season 3 aren’t tarnished by cheaters, even if it’s rare.
We’re being extra vigilant in tracking these cases and we’re actively banning abusers for win trading and slot selling. Our tracking methods are also not limited to just high ranked teams. If we discover that someone has been selling ranked rewards (or is abusing the system), we will ban the account for two weeks, strip it of any previous season rewards (summoner icons, Victorious skins, etc) and we will make sure both the seller and the purchaser are completely ineligible forÂ anyÂ reward associated with Season 3.
2. Ranked Team Rewards
Another great piece of feedback we’ve heard from you is that the 30% of total games requirement for players to earn Ranked Team rewards was a little confusing. We agree – it created too many scenarios where players might lose out on rewards they expected to earn, and it made the situation too complex.
Instead, you’ll simply need to haveÂ 10 winsÂ with your ranked team in order to earn rewards.Â A notification icon will appear above your 3s or 5s tier badge in your profile page in the next few weeks to inform you if you are below 10 wins on a ranked team.
We’re going to be closely monitoring teams with big roster swaps and/or big drops in matchmaking rating, and we’ll investigate any signs of abuse. In clear cases of abuse, we will (as above) ban the accounts for two weeks, strip it of any previous season rewards (summoner icons, Victorious skins, etc) and we’ll make sure involved parties are ineligible forÂ anyÂ reward associated with Season 3.
We’re genuinely grateful for your feedback – we’re listening closely as we work towards Season 4 and beyond.
Scarizard brings post-PAX news of the League’s predator. TL:DR included below!
Â Scarizard:Â Sup dudes! Got back from PAX last night and busy playing catch-up this morning. Played Rengar today and have to say i’m pretty excited. End score was 10/4/16 iirc, with the lowest deaths and 2nd highest kills on my team.
(For those that care about anecdotes) – Laned vs Renekton. Maxed W since i got to lane later after helping a jungler out, which got him pushing vs me early. Used W2 to Sustain, but since all Ferocity bonuses are champion-level scaled atm, still got to reap the beenfits of high Armor/MR and pushing power as well as Q-Train (Although my extended all-ins were considerably weaker than if i had the +DMG/+AS% from Q levels).
Got the first kill of the lane vs him, then died getting outplayed (both of us were below 100 hp iirc) and so we basically conceded to farm. Felt fairly comfortable, used my Ult to roam and kill mid comfortably by Sprinting past his wards, then stealthing from a flank combo’d with my midlaner’s CC.
Maxed Q 2nd, ended up doing enough damage with Q-Train and BOTRK as well as utilizing top brushes to chase down Renekton and 1v1 him.
Endgame build was Blade of the Ruined King, Mercury Treads, Frozen Mallet, Last Whisper, Bonetooth Necklace and a Kindlegem (With intent to Spirit Visage) – played a flexible peeler for my Carry by utilizing high Attack Speed with Frozen Mallet procs onto dudes like Nocturne and Renekton, but the most fun was using Thrill of the Hunt to run from a fight…only to double back around the brush i had exited (Since i had vision of the enemy team) and Stealth Ambush two mid-hp damage dealers that thought they had won the teamfight and wanted to push objectives.
Game ended in a Victory around the 30-35m mark.
Analysis outside of this game (as well as this game) seems to suggest that his Toplane is pretty strong vs a lot of melees, pending you use your W2 as a fallback should you be behind. (Remember! With Q-train, it’s possible to Q, Q2, W, E, W2 all in a very short window, netting you great trade damageÂ andÂ the health swing from W2!)
He’s scaling pretty well with gold, too – i posted about the insane stompy Xelnath game where he even went so far as to get Zerker Greaves and an IE and had over 400 AD and was one-shotting people. Endgame, anyone mid-hp was instantly dead to my Q2->Q->E->Q2->W Flurry, and was an appropriate threat to members of the enemy team.
Confidence level is pretty high atm that this can start going into Competitive testing, pending two things:
1. Code Review with Volty – this is something we do where Designers check eachothers’ scripting to see edge/abuse cases that may be present, as well as those that may cause bugs. Essential to moving forward with QA Coverage so a champion is bug-free.
2. VFX/Smoothing on the Ultimate. Tl;dr here is that the Sprint/Stalk is working out really well in terms of the gameplay it’s providing (Had some fail escapes, some sick jukes, some chase cleanups, some initiations and some stealth ganks) in that its truly flexible as an Ult if you premeditate it, but it’s unclear currently in some playing against cases When or If i will stealth.
My confidence is still in the Re-cast version of the ult, but particle support when he attempts to ‘fade’, removing the built-in delay to re-cast but re-implementing fadetime-delay on damage taken as well as a few other things are on the table as potential necessary places to move to smooth out the pure feel of using this ult.
Just an update to let you guys know where things are at. We’re pretty close to mechanics-locked at this point (meaning no drastic spell changes), but there is always room for tweaks and tuning across the board and i’m working closely with the team to figure out where any of it is necessary. If things continue as planned, i’d say i’m shooting for 3.13. 3.12 is unlikely, mostly due to the amount of time we’d need to account for bugfixing to ensure a safe patch release – but regardless of when it ships, it should be on PBE relatively soon for you guys to take a crack at.
Thanks for sticking with the thread and giving me a ton of feedback, good and bad. Can’t wait for y’all to play it.
- Excellent sniping in teamfights and clean-up afterwards
- Toplane Rengar remains dominant vs most melees
- Code Reviews, VFX and more internal work is required before Rengar’s new kit can head for Competitive testing
- Scarizard wishes to implement the Re-cast version of “On the Hunt again”, but removing the in-built delay and going back to the stealth delay on damage taken
- Update will most likely go live with Patch 3.13
After 112 Summoner Showcases and years of aspiring devotion to fans, Nika leaves Riot to pursue other opportunities.
After three years working at Riot and 112 episodes of the Summoner Showcase, I’m taking my final bow and leaving Riot.
Our next episode of the Showcase, 113, will be the last of the series. It has been an amazing time. I’ve met so many incredible fans and shared so many momentsâ€¦ Your passion, boundless creativity and excitement has made this job the best in the world. I have too many stories to even recount, and not enough ways to express how Summoners have illuminated my life. I’m gonna miss it like hell, but it’s time for me to pursue other passions and focus on my writing.
While I won’t be working for Riot or making the Summoner Showcase, I am and will always be a fan. I think my weekends would super suck if it wasn’t for LCS, and I’ll still be right there, admiring your artwork and cosplay as a fellow fan.
I know that Riot will keep supporting fans and changing the definition of what it means to be community-focused. The Showcase Facebook page will continue, with frequent updates of art and must-see fan creations, and our new Tumblr page with even more. What’s next? We’d love to hear it from you. Give us your ideas for what you wanna see from Riot to support the community. After all, it’s about you, it should come from you as well.
Thank you so much for supporting me, supporting my show and making my job so easy. With the people I’ve met, the art I’ve seen and everything in between, this couldn’t have been a more wonderful life experience.
As you can see from our camera overlooking Summoner’s Rift, Forecast Janna is live and on location bringing you the latest weather news. Featuring voice over inspired by the classiest of meteorologists along with a new model, spell effects and animations, this plucky weather professional is here to support you on all your excursions to the Fields of Justice.
You can pick up the legendary Forecast Janna forÂ 1820 RPÂ in the League of Legends store.
The following champions and skins will be available at a discount until September 9th!
- Elise -Â 487 RP
- Katarina -Â 395 RP
- Swain -Â 440 RP
Asylum Shaco – 487 RP
Midnight Ahri -Â 375 RP
Tribal Ryze – 260 RP
Missed any recent updates? Check here!
Patch 3.10A â€“ Riven jumps over walls, Nerfs to BotRK, Phage Reworked; PBE Update: Balance & New Turret UI; Dunkmaster Darius teased at Gamescom, New Skins & Lucian in Store, Scruffy explains Skarner changes & the latest Sale!
Pool Party Graves, Leona, Lee Sin and Renekton on the PBE, IronStylus tells the story of Leonaâ€™s skin, Lucian Spotlight & Making Video, No more stealth for Rengar, State of Taric and Massive changes to Skarner!
Massive PBE Update â€“ Changes to Yi, Zac and Phage, New Teamfight and Dragon & Baron UI, Improvements to Champions Tab, Update on Skarner, Skins in development, More amazing Diana Art, Results from the Freljord Tribe Event and the latest Sale!