Done! Sorry for the delay in covering.
PBE 10/10 Content:
- List of Preseason Changes
- In-GameÂ Preview of Preseason Changes
- Loading Screen Borders for Ranked
- Summoner Icons from Ranked Rewards
- Singed Texture Rebalance
- New Splash Arts
- Champion Changes
Preseason is happening soon! Here’s a disclaimer for the changes you’ll find here:
[ Note ] I’ll be working on these throughout the day, you can check back this post every now and again and I’ll be adding more information/screenshots after the list.
Pushing to the PBE sometime tonight or tomorrow. Going to throw up a really rough changelist of the subtle stuff. I’m going to take the time to call out more subtle things that are harder to notice and give much less detail about the really obvious stuff.
These are really rough patch notes and we are highly interested in heavily iterating on a lot of these. For example, I’d love to hear your suggestions for what cool Dragon bonuses could be – and I know we’re still heavily iterating on the Jungle.
I’m going really light on context in this post because this isn’t an official patch notes – I just wanted to get a good list of details out there so you guys have some inkling of what’s going on when the stuff gets deployed to PBE.
As usual, if you have questions, feel free to ask but try to keep it in this thread if possible.
Improving feel of regeneration in fountain
- Fountain Regeneration now heals for 25% of the amount healed on live but ticks 4 times as fast.
Stat Growth Per Level
Champion base stats and stat growth per level adjusted to help reduce the impact of early level advantages
- Roughly, characters will start the game with an additional 68% of their per level statistic compared to live.
- Each level, characters will gain from 72 to 128% of their per level statistic compared to live, totalling to 1700% of your per level statistic.
With Stats Growth Per Level changes, early advantages are somewhat diminished – thus removing the unpopular gold rubberbanding mechanic from S4 to compensate for the new system of stats growth
- Kill gold is no longer reduced before 4 minutes.
- Gold gained from Assists now scales from 25% to 50% over the first 210 seconds of the game.
Shifting Death Timers to be longer based on level for a larger portion of the game to give a team on the backfoot an uptime advantage
- Death Timers now increase by 2% everyÂ 30Â seconds starting atÂ 35Â minutes, rather than 2% everyÂ 60Â seconds starting atÂ 25Â minutes.
Towers have received some changes to change both tower feel and to simplify the calculus involved in determining your damage to a tower
Inner Towers have been given some anti-split push / anti-siege potential. Inhibitor Towers have been given more ramp-up to make it easier to defend against single targets
- Towers no longer gain Armor and Magic Resistance over time, but they still gain Attack Damage.
- Tower Armor and Magic Resistance have been normalized to 100.
- Tower HP has been set to the following:
Outer: 2000 Health
Inner: 2000 Health
Inhibitor: 2500 Health
Nexus: 2000 Health
- Inner Towers have a new mechanic – Shielding:
Inner Towers have a shield protecting them that regenerates after 60 seconds of not taking damage.
While the shield holds, nearby champions gain a moderate shield as well.
- Inhibitor Towers have a new mechanic – Beam:
Inhibitor Towers attack their target continuously, up to 4 times a second.
Inhibitor Towers slowly ramp their damage from 100% to 260% over the course of 6.5 seconds.
Inhibitor Towers slowly ignore their targets armor from 40% to 100% over the course of 6.5 seconds.
Ramp is reset when Inhibitor Towers change targets.
- Base Tower regeneration reduced to 5 hp/5 from 15 hp/5
Simplifying Minion Math as well as removing the ability for resistance penetration to increase wave clear power
- Minions no longer gain Armor and Magic Resistance
- Minions gain increased maximum Health at a rate roughly comparable to the old resistance bonuses such that their effect HP is the same.
Wanted to give the defending team an advantage in their base and remove other rubberbanding mechanics
- While a character is in their own base, they receive a movement speed and minor resistance bonus.
Removing this rubberbanding mechanic as the base buff seems to accomplish the same thing while not dragging the game out artificially
- Inhibitors respawn timers increased to 300 seconds from 240.
Blue Buff, acquired ealy, can lead to some unbreakable siege scenarios. With two buffs, this siege power can extend to 100% uptime. Wanted to reduce the duration on the buff a bit rather than attack the power of it to shorten some extended sieging scenarios
- Blue Buff duration reduced to 120 seconds from 150.
Blue buff is incredibly broad in application as it is used to dominate lane and contribute to clearing minions in wave clear, while red buff has some in-combat advantages – we wanted to give red buff some kind of role to play in a siege to give greater rewards to controlling the map before a siege
- Grants you 1% of your maximum Health every 5 seconds.
- Duration reduced to 120 seconds from 150.
- Slow reduced to 5-10% / 8-15% for ranged / melee characters from 5-15% / 8-24%
- Burn damage rescaled to 5-56 damage per second from 10-44 damage
- Burn damage now applies to Towers
New Powerup: Still Waters
Adding a pickup to the lanes after 20 minutes to add some incentive to visit this area in the mid and late game, as well as provide some split pushing power
- In the top and bottom lanes, at the entrance to river, a powerup will spawn beginning at 20 minutes and every 3 minutes thereafter.
- This buff confers:
+50 out of combat movement speed.
Standing Still for 0.5 seconds grants up to 25% increased vision range and the ability to look over walls.
Replacing current Elixirs with Elixirs that serve more divergent strategic powers, especially in the late game
- Elixir of Fortitude and Brilliance have been removed.
- You may only benefit from one elixir at a time.
- Elixirs may only be bought when your champion is level 9 or above.
- Elixir price increased to 400 gold.
- New Elixirs added:
Elixir of Ruin: Grants Health, +% Tower Damage. Nearby minions gain +% Tower Damage and their movement speed is set to 90% of your own, up to 500.
Elixir of Iron: Grants Size, Tenacity and Slow resistance. You leave a trail that increases ally movement speed by 10%
Elixir of Sorcery: Grants AP, MP/5 and bonus true damage when damaging a champion or a tower.
Elixir of Wrath: Grants AD, 10% physical vamp and scoring a kill or assist will extend the duration of the flask by 30 seconds.
Attempting to create a greater call to action for the team that has the Baron Nashor buff, rather than passively grind the opponent out
- Health and Regeneration removed (AD and AP boost remain the same)
- Baron Buff additionally grants youÂ Empowered Recall, reducing your recall time to 4 seconds.
This also massively heals you and grants you an 8 second movement speed buff once it finishes.
- Baron Buff buffs nearby minions around you significantly, causing them to gain up to 90% your Movement Speed as well as specific bonuses on type:
Melee Minions: Gain 80% damage reduction from almost all damage types
Ranged Minions: Gain increased damage and a minor increase in range.
Siege Minions: Gain massive increases to range – such that they outrange towers. Their attacks are 50% slower but are AoE and deal 4x damage to towers.
Super Minions: Gains 75% Movement Speed when nearby enemies as well as 25% Attack Speed.
Dragon bonuses adjusted to be more ‘back-loaded’ so that a team that opts for a fast pushing strategy versus a team that goes for neutral objective control will spike in power at different times in the game
- Slaying Dragon now grants you a stack of ‘Dragonslayer’ which grants different permanent bonuses depending on how many Dragons you’ve slain.
Stack 1: Increased Regeneration
Stack 2: Increased AD / AP
Stack 3: Increased Movement Speed
Stack 4: Increased Health
Stack 5: Triples all other bonuses
- Dragon gives 50% reduced XP, compared to live.
- Dragon no longer grants global gold.
- Dragon deals 20% increased damage to units for every Dragon their team has slain.
- Dragon takes 7% reduced damage from units for every Dragon their team has slain.
Removing overlapping mechanics from Elixir of Ruin and Baron Buff – and most people didn’t use Captain’s for this purpose anyway
- Minion MS amplification removed.
Armor and Magic Resistance
Resistances are inherently reactive buys – and the constraint of Negatron Cloak and Chain Vest makes the act of cleverly reacting to your opponent much much harder than it should be
- All Armor and Magic Resistance items can now be built out of a cloth armor / null magic mantle.
- Recipes, gold costs, stats and build paths have been adjusted to compensate for the above change.
- In effect, there is now no meaningful difference between ‘Chain Vest/Negatron Cloak’ items vs. ‘Cloth Armor/Null Magic Mantle’ items as they will all build from the same root.
Health and Mana Regeneration
We’re swapping from items granting flat HP/5 and MP/5 to increasing a % of your base regeneration + % level regeneration. This allows different characters to benefit from regeneration items differently – as well as allowing these items to more naturally scale as the game goes on.
- Items that grant Health and Mana regeneration now grant either % Base Health Regeneration or % Base Mana Regeneration
- % Base Health / Mana Regeneration take into account your champion’s Health and Mana regeneration and any Health and Mana regeneration they gain per level.
- This does not take into account: skills, masteries, runes and other sources other than your champion statistic.
Example: Your champion has 7 mp/5 at level 1 and 18 mp/5 at level 18. You buy an item that grants +50% Base Mana Regeneration. At level 1, this item will provide an additional +3.5 mp/5 at level 1 and 9 mp/5 at level 18.
Recipe: Rejuvenation Bead + Ruby Crystal
- Grants Health and Regeneration.
Recipe: Catalyst + Crystalline Bracer
- Grants Health, Mana and Regeneration
- Active: Grants +60% MS to you and nearby allies when moving towards enemies for 2 seconds. When this speed boost ends, it emits a shockwave, slowing nearby enemy champions by 80% for one second.
- Health reduced to 800 from 1000.
- Regeneration triples when out of combat.
- Cost slightly reduced.
Recipe: Rejuvenation Bead + Cloth Armor + Rejuvenation Bead
- Grants bonus movement speed when near turrets or Zzrot Gates.
*Recipe: Raptor Cloak + Negatron Cloak*
Spawns a gate at a location that summons monsters. These monsters proceed down the nearest lane and attack minions and damage towers.
Edit: Not currently in this build.Â
Also no one spells like that.
Recipe: Raptor Cloak + Kindlegem
- Active now boosts the damage of nearby towers by 100% or prevents nearby enemy towers from attacking.
- Stats adjusted to fit the recipe items (Health/Armor/Regen/CDR)
Jungle is different now. For reasons!
Reasons that are outlined in the previous PBE post. Don’t look at me like that.
1. Jungle Difficulty and Rewards have been increased
2. Red and Blue buff timers moved to 2:30
New Jungle Camp: Scuttle crab
This neutral objective is intended to add control to the river as a setup for Baron / Dragon or provide protection/enable river ganks in the early game
- Spawns in top and bottom river and patrols the river it is in.
- Is not hostile – tries to run away from enemy champions.
- Grants a speed shrine in the river that provides vision and out of combat movement speed to people who cross it.
Smiting a large monster from one of the monster camps will now grant bonus XP and a monster specific bonus when you kill it – this ensures that the Jungler always potentially benefits more from the Jungle than other roles
Brambleback (Elder Lizard)
1. Restores a large amount of Health.
Blue Guardian (Ancient Golem)
1. Restore a large amount of Mana.
Krugs (Ancient Golem)
1. Grants Gift of Heavy Hands – adding Execute Damage to your attacks.
Gromp (Large Wraith)
1. Grants Gift of the Toadstool – grants Toadstool Armor, poisoning enemies that attack you.
Raptors (Wraith Camp)
1. Grants Gift of the Eagle Eye – grants you a buff that automatically grants you true sight for a short time the next time you are spotted by an enemy ward.
Murkwolf (Wolf Camp)
1. Grants Wolf Sentry – A ghostly wolf patrols that quardrant of the jungle for a moderate time. If an enemy champion enters that quadrant of the jungle, it’ll run at them and alert you to his position.
Jungle itemization has been overhauled – all existing jungle items have been removed.
1. Hunter’s Machete now grants 30 magic damage on hit over 2 seconds and grants 8 health and 2 Mana per second while fighting monsters.
2. Hunter’s Machete can only be bought if you have Smite as a Summoner Spell.
Hunter’s Machete now upgrades into 4 items that amplify or change your Smite ability – depending on what overarching Jungle Strategy you want to do: Gank, Invade, Fast Clear, or Counterjungle
1. After killing 3 monsters, you can smiteÂ
TeemoÂ enemy champions, dealing a small amount of true damage and reducing their movement speed by 50% for 2 seconds.
1. Upgrade Smite to Quick Smite. Quick Smite has reduced cooldown – has further reduced cooldown when you kill large monsters and grants bonus gold if you use it on the monsters in the enemy jungle.
1. Upgrades Smite to Challenging Smite. Challenging Smite can be cast on an enemy champion – doing no true damage but revealing them for a long time and causing your attacks to deal bonus true damage each time you hit him.
1. Upgrades Smite to Desolating Smite – which causes Smite to deal 50% splash damage to other nearby monsters as well as stun them for 1.5 seconds.
The 4 above items can be enchanted with 4 enchantments that offer bonus statistics so you can customize the item based on what kind of role you want your jungler to transition to
* Grants AD and Life Steal
* Grants AP and CDR
* Grants Health, CDR and Movement Speed
* Grants AS, CDR and a stacking AS buff
Inner Turrets now have a shield that replenishes if they haven’t been attacked in 60 seconds.
Inner Turrets also shield you for a few seconds when you pass near them. If they’ve lost their shielding, they likewise won’t shield you.
Inhibitor Turrets now fire a laser beam that continuously damages units and decreases their Armor.
Jungle Monster Buffs: Require Smite to be used
Killing the Razorbeak will alert you to the next ward that spots you and allows you to reveal it.
Krugs, when killed, give you increased damage on the last attack that would kill a unit. Works on minions, monsters, Champions and Teemo.
The Krug buff also turns killed enemies into stone.
Upon killing Gromp, you receive a Thornmail buff for 90 seconds.
The poison effect from the Gromp buff. Identical to the one used for Singed and Cassiopeia’s spells.
When Smited, the Dire Murkwolf spawns a ghostly blue wolf.
The ghostly wolf sits on the path between the Blue buff and the Wolf camp and provides vision for you.
Dragon now grants a buff instead of gold.
The Dragon buff stacks in rewards the more Dragons you kill.
There is now a wandering monster on each side of the river that moves along a preset pattern and teleports when it reaches each end of its river side.
Upon killing the monster, a shrine spawns near Dragon or Baron that grants vision and increases the Movement Speed of allied champions who go through it.
And here’s the shrine that spawns if you kill the river monster on the opposite end of the map, near Baron.
Baron Nashor no longer grants increased Health and Mana Regen; instead, it buffs minions near Champions with the Baron aura.
Minions affected by Nashor’s buff have purple particle effects to show they’re stronger.
Top and bot lane now spawn a relic buff after the 20th minute mark and then every 3 minutes after being taken. They grant a small MS buff and increased vision when standing still. Below are some examples I made of the vision changes:
Here’s the increased vision on the top lane.
Here’s another example of the extra vision, this time in the river.
[ Ranked SoloÂ ] From left to right: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Master, ChallengerÂ 1, 2, 3
[ 3v3 RankedÂ ]Â From left to right: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Master, ChallengerÂ 1, 2, 3
[ 5v5 Ranked ] From left to right: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Master, ChallengerÂ 1, 2, 3
Singed and all of his skinsÂ have received a texture update.
Snow Day Singed
Mad Scientist Singed
ZephyrÂ [Â W ]
- Cooldown increased from 12/11/10/9/8 seconds to 12 at all ranksÂ
MegaÂ Adhesive [ W ]
- When Singed flings an enemy into Mega Adhesive, that enemy is snared for 1 second
Heightened LearningÂ [ Passive ]
- No longer increases experience gain of allied Champions by 8%
- Now grants Zilean increased 10% increased experience and an AP bonus at levels 6/11/16
Hunter’s Machete is now tied to Smite and can be enchanted!
The Spirit items built from Hunter’s Machete are gone. They’ve been replaced by the following enchantments:
There areÂ also three new items in this update:
Ohmwrecker now builds out of the Raptor Cloak mentioned above.
Health-per-5 has been replaced by Base Health Regen. The tooltip change affects the following items:
- Aegis of the Legion: +75% Base Health Regen (Legion Aura)
- Ancient Coin:Â +25% Base Mana Regen
- Archangel’s Staff:Â +50% Base Mana Regen
- Ardent Censer:Â +50% Base Mana Regen
- Athene’s Unholy Grail:Â +25% Base Mana Regen
- Chalice of Harmony: + 25% Base Mana Regen
- Face of the Mountain:Â +100% Base Health Regen
- Forbidden Idol:Â +50% Base Mana Regen
- Frost Queen’s Claim:Â +50% Base Mana Regen
- Frostfang:Â +50% Base Mana Regen
- Locket of the Iron Solari: +75% Base Health RegenÂ (Legion Aura)
- Manamune:Â +25% Base Mana Regen
- Mikael’s Crucible:Â +75% Base Mana Regen
- Muramana:Â +25% Base Mana Regen
- Negatron Cloak: +100%Â Base Health Regen
- Nomad’s Medallion:Â +25% Base Health Regen and +25% Base Mana Regen
- Ravenous Hydra:Â +100%Â Base Health Regen
- Rejuvenation Bead:+50% Base Health Regen
- Seraph’s Embrace:Â +50% Base Mana Regen
- Spectre’s Cowl: Passive gives 100% Base Health Regen..,
- Spellthief’s Edge:Â +25% Base Mana Regen
- Spirit Visage:Â +100% Base Health Regen
- Talisman of Ascension: +75% Base Health Regen andÂ +75% Base Mana Regen
- Targon’s Brace: +50% Base Health Regen
- Tear of the Goddess: 25% base mana regen
- Tiamat: +100% base health regen
Warmog’s Armor has received a lot of changes and is now a dedicated split-pushing item.
Elixirs have also been updated. They now grant different stats, cost 400 gold, up from 250, and cannot be bought before level 9. There are also two new elixirs:
Elixir of Sorcery & Elixir of Wrath
Elixir of Iron
Trail left by a champion who has consumed an Elixir of Iron.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me atÂ @NoL_ChefoÂ or e-mail me at email@example.com